Melbourne Football

Brazil 2014 WCQ

Hendo

Shut up and take my money!

@ $100 a pop. yikes. 

will get one in 5 years when the prices goes down. looks good though.

Last socceroos kit I bought was tge one we wore when we beat England. Have been waiting for one that is a suitable replacement so happy to pay the 100

in that case i understand :)

• 2 weeks later...

Oliver BOZANIC (FC Luzern, SWITZERLAND)

Tim CAHILL (New York Red Bulls, USA)

Jason DAVIDSON (SC Heracles Almelo, NETHERLANDS)

Ivan FRANJIC (Brisbane Roar FC, AUSTRALIA)

Curtis GOOD (Dundee United FC, SCOTLAND)

Ben HALLORAN (Fortuna Dusseldorf, GERMANY)

Chris HERD (Aston Villa FC, ENGLAND)

James HOLLAND (FK Austria Vienna, AUSTRIA)

Mile JEDINAK (Crystal Palace FC, ENGLAND)

Brad JONES (GK) (Liverpool FC, ENGLAND)

Mitchell LANGERAK (GK) (B.V. Borussia 09 Dortmund, GERMANY)

Matthew LECKIE (FSV Frankfurt 1899, GERMANY)

Massimo LUONGO (Swindon Town FC, ENGLAND)

Ryan MCGOWAN (Shandong Luneng Taishan FC, CHINA)

Matthew MCKAY (Brisbane Roar FC, AUSTRALIA)

Mark MILLIGAN (Melbourne Victory FC, AUSTRALIA)

Tommy OAR (FC Utrecht, HOLLAND)

Tommy ROGIC (Melbourne Victory FC, AUSTRALIA)

Matt RYAN (GK) (Club Brugge KV, BELGIUM)

Adam SAROTA (FC Utrecht, HOLLAND)

Matthew SPIRANOVIC (Western Sydney Wanderers FC, AUSTRALIA)

Dario VIDOSIC (FC Sion, SWITZERLAND)

Luke WILKSHIRE (FK Dinamo Moscow, RUSSIA)

Pretty decent side in all honesty... with what we have available of course.

whoever massimo luongo is has been handed a cap, did he win a competition?

Hate seeing franjic in the squad and no idea how brad jones has been included.

Seems to be very few cb's

Massimo is a jet, highly rated at Tottenham and been killing it at Swindon for the past 18 months helping them to a play-off. Brad Jones has been good in the Cup games for LFC, not many better options and he is good for Mitch and Matty to learn off. And you're right it's a bit odd only 3 real CBs in there (McGowan, Spiranovic, Good) plus Milligan who can play there if required...

Best 11?

Ryan

Wilkshire - Spira - McGowan - Davidson

Herd - Milligan - Jedinak

Leckie - Cahill - Vidosic

We've been batting out of our league for so long now and we're so far behind the other nations in our group it's scary...

• Like 1

This is an exciting squad for once, some new players getting a go. Kind of funny that Chris Herd still hasn't gotten a cap, seems like his been called up like 10 times now but keeps missing out due to injury or w/e.

whoever massimo luongo is has been handed a cap, did he win a competition?

Hate seeing franjic in the squad and no idea how brad jones has been included.

Seems to be very few cb's

Luongo has been getting a fair bit of media attention over the last year or so, you must be living under a rock.

Agree with LR9, Brad Jones is good enough to be in the squad, though Matt Ryan is the clear number 1 for me, will hit them Schwarzer/Bosnich levels in a few years.

And you're right it's a bit odd only 3 real CBs in there (McGowan, Spiranovic, Good) plus Milligan who can play there if required...

Jason Davidson would be pretty close to being a 'real CB' as well, just that he is more useful for us as a LB. Chris Herd can play there as well. So it is reasonably well covered at the end of the day. I'm more worried about the quality of the CB options rather than the quantity.

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 1

Ryan

Wilkshire - McGowan -Good - Davidson

Holland - Milligan - Jedinak

Leckie - Cahill - Oar

Going to have to sit back and hope we can use Leckie and Oars pace to get in behind or at least get some crosses into Cahill to pounce off of. Need the three more defesnively minded midfielders to shield our extremely weak back four. We are in a lot of trouble come the world cup.

Edited by perthheart

Interesting that Troisi didn't get picked, is it an attitude thing? Because he's more than talented enough to be in the 23.

Take a bow though Curtis Good, I'm so happy for the bloke. The lad's got such a bright future and it's nice to know he was a product of our club and its vision. 

Halloran out injured, Holman to replace him.

Bit disappointing considering the squad was meant to be a glimpse of the future. Holman's a good player and all (albeit, playing in an average league) but I'd much rather have someone like Taggart or Rukavytsya to come in.

What the heck is going on with Chris Herd?

Who knows.

Seems like he's holding out for a call-up for Scotland but then again, I doubt Ange would have picked him for the Socceroos squad if he wasn't 100% committed to the cause.

Whenever the words "personal issues" come into the fray, there's never really any knowing what's happening behind the scenes but either way it's a shame because he's a decent player who could offer something different to the national team but we may never know.

What the heck is going on with Chris Herd?

Who knows.

Seems like he's holding out for a call-up for Scotland but then again, I doubt Ange would have picked him for the Socceroos squad if he wasn't 100% committed to the cause.

Whenever the words "personal issues" come into the fray, there's never really any knowing what's happening behind the scenes but either way it's a shame because he's a decent player who could offer something different to the national team but we may never know.

Has pulled out of Villa selection for the rest of the season too, so its probably something pretty serious. 

Mile captain, thoughts? Peoples starting XI?

Ryan
Good   Spiranovic   Franjic    McGowan

Holland   Jedinak   Rogic   Oar

Cahill

Vidosic

Errr, who is this team and what have they done with Australia?

Haha, couldn't agree more!

Watching the national team has felt like a chore for way too many years now due to the dull football and poor results but this is excellent, we're finally having a decent crack again.