Melbourne Football

Transfers

malloy

Ange knows how to pick up talent boys. What's going on with our signings?

That sounds like something Gary Glitter would be doing in Thailand.

Ange's track record for signing foreigners is a bit unknown, as Broich and Berisha were both Rado's players, recommended to him by his son while playing at Nuremberg & Bielefeld alongside them. Adnan was pretty well known as a solid player when he signed and Nakajima-Farran turned out to be a massive spud.

Bru and Finkler hardly have the resume's of players who will strike fear into opposition sides, but I'll reserve judgement until I see them play.

• Like 4

I'm actually more content now with not signing anyone than i was a week ago. At least JD appears to have a clear plan and is working towards completing it.

This being said, why is JD the one doing all the talking and not John Aloisi?

• Like 1

I'm actually more content now with not signing anyone than i was a week ago. At least JD appears to have a clear plan and is working towards completing it.

This being said, why is JD the one doing all the talking and not John Aloisi?

JD is the one involved with the discussions and dealing. JA discusses players and potential signings with JD, but JD does the actually negotiations.

• Like 1

what about Theofanis gekas? he is getting on in life i know 32 but could be good for a year or two?

Is listed as a fee agent and has alot of first class and intentional experience, currently for Greece at the Euro's

Still out of our league i imagine, 8 goals in 11 games in the Turkish top flight last season.

http://en.wikipedia....Theofanis_Gekas

edit found this qoute humorous

Gekas left Eintracht under a cloud, having not picked up the language during his almost six years in Germany. "I wonder how it is possible for somebody to be living in Germany for five years but not be willing to learn the language" said the Eintracht legend Egon Loy. When Gekas was told about the criticism he answered: "I am being paid to score goals, not to talk."
Edited by Mentor

We don't have an ambitious board guys. So many players on a free transfer and no one is prepared to chase these players.

Only JD knows what's really going on. And he's not telling - only dropping obscure hints to keep everyone guessing. Another week passes with no actual confirmed announcements. I didn't really expect anything on players, but I was naive enough to expect something on the coaching positions by now. But seems not. Heaves sigh of frustration.

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 1

Didn't Scott Munn say our youth coach would be announced over the past week?

I think he actually said 'appointed' rather than announced. I suppose there has to be an exchange of paperwork once an offer has been made and accepted...but, jeez, what a long drawn out process since Jv$ said he was quitting...my experience with employment (admittedly, not in football) is that employers and employees like to get these things fixed up quickly so that they can get on with the job at hand...in contrast this coaching saga seems agonisingly slow. Maybe I'm just too eager for some action...

Why is everyone getting so worked up on the issue of player signings?

Were not lagging behind anyone just because we don’t announce our targets that would be the best thing that could happen so no one else comes over the top of us. No doubt they have learnt from their mistakes from the previous 2 seasons and have fixed them. They signed players in previous seasons who were rushed signings and made on the back of DVDs so take it as a blessing.

No doubt we are trying to sort out (if they haven’t already done so which can’t be announced until July 1 anyway) international spots before we rush into our over priced HAL rejects. What’s the point of rushing into signings only to find out we could have signed better??

Some internationals could also verbally agree a move and use the club as a negotiating tool with other clubs then end up signing elsewhere so when the club has tied down their targets no doubt they’ll announce them.

Sit back enjoy the ride and expect a few surprises .....

Edited by AntiScum
  • Like 1

Figured out why signings are taking so long, every day the club waits they save money, ATM they only have 1 coach and 14 players so they must be saving a fair bit each week, must be at least $25k a week.

Think of the savings guys, we are going to break even... YAY!?

Just like a stingy bank does with interest rates, etc.

Figured out why signings are taking so long, every day the club waits they save money, ATM they only have 1 coach and 14 players so they must be saving a fair bit each week, must be at least $25k a week.

Think of the savings guys, we are going to break even... YAY!?

Just like a stingy bank does with interest rates, etc.

So it's going to be like watching spurs in the mid 90's when they would win fuck all but stay on budget.

Oh well better than my club dying I guess...

• Like 1

His Video is mostly as a defender but he looks pretty solid. Good header, good long passing, good foot skills, decent pace, great strength, general sick kent.

Can play at RB, RCB, LCB, RM and DM by the looks of it.

It seams the wait was probably worth it.

Well done JD.

Definitely the one player described as African, European, eastern European and nth American. The interview with JD never said it was multiple players tbf. Just said it was a "cosmopolitan" mix. Certain he was talkIng about one person.

I'm still very happy with the signing, he seems to be pretty good.

Definitely the one player described as African, European, eastern European and nth American. The interview with JD never said it was multiple players tbf. Just said it was a "cosmopolitan" mix. Certain he was talkIng about one person.

so basically our visa signings are going to be

Gerdhardt

Gray

number 9

tbh we shouldnt sign gray seeing as Gerdhardt can fill in at CB if needed and we should re-sign Shroj as another DM

Instead of gray, a quality AM should be signed

Why the feck would we resign someone we got rid of? Obviously he demanded too much and the club put their foot down.

This new signing looks decent. I know it's just a YouTube clip but he looks like he has a good passing range and he can actually strike a decent ball. Unlike the srhoj. He looks like a pretty physical player too. Some of those crunching tackles looked great.