Melbourne Football

Transfers

malloy

o rly? hes shocking,his awareness of whats around him is terrible, defensively hes hit and miss and going forwards we might aswell have bolton pinging em around,

if only he had half the attributes aziz has

yep, that's exactly who we need to play defensive midfield. Someone who's 4 foot 2, will get out-muscled, will get beaten every time in the air, and will lose most 50-50 challenges,

Shroj has done exactly what his role requires him to do, and plays an important part in the team. Obviously he has his flaws, he may not be the quickest player, he may not have the best passing range or the best shot on him, but if he was all those things he simply wouldn't be playing in the a-league.

we must have shroj in the team if we want to be successful

Dugandzic's price needs to be set at at least $3mil.

Behich at least $1m.

Marrone, because he has EU citizenship (I believe so anyway), probably should look for 1 mil as well. Otherwise 500-750k isnt bad.

Dunno how long those guys have left on contract, if its only 1 more year than adjust down accordingly.

And Thwaite would be a fantastic signing, the club should chase him hard.

Edited by Tesla

shroj is the most useless player ive ever seen,must leave

Foreveralone.jpg :(

wonder why its only a few people that do the shroj chant

Your welcome to come up from the "Channel of Snapback" to the Kop and discuss Shroj and our Shroj Chant with us any time you like mate. :angry:

• Like 1

Dugandzic's price needs to be set at at least $3mil.

Behich at least $1m.

Marrone, because he has EU citizenship (I believe so anyway), probably should look for 1 mil as well. Otherwise 500-750k isnt bad.

Dunno how long those guys have left on contract, if its only 1 more year than adjust down accordingly.

we can set that sort of money but honestly do you see us getting offers that big? theres no way we will be getting that sort of money imo

European clubs take advantage of us small Aussie clubs, if they only have 1 year left i doubt we will get very much.. few hundred thousand if that

edit: read that last bit wrong, even if they had a few years on them i doubt we will get 3m Dugandzic, 1m for behich etc.

Edited by yelawolf

we can set that sort of money but honestly do you see us getting offers that big? theres no way we will be getting that sort of money imo

European clubs take advantage of us small Aussie clubs, if they only have 1 year left i doubt we will get very much.. few hundred thousand if that

edit: read that last bit wrong, even if they had a few years on them i doubt we will get 3m Dugandzic, 1m for behich etc.

Marrone going for €180,000 (~$220k) to Calgari, last season.

This is the problem with A-League clubs, they dont realise the value of their players. If these guys were playing in some small league in Europe, they would get those prices.

A player good enough for a team like Cagliari is surely worth at least $500k.

yeah but thats the thing, most of Europe, infact the whole of Europe probably don't see the value of throwing a couple mil for a player from the other side of the world when they can get a player from Europe... they will take advantage of us, especially considering we will probably need to sell a player or two to help keep our loss at a minimum

im not saying theyre not worth it, im just looking at it realistically

Edited by yelawolf

we might have to considering we are losing money.. much like every other a-league club, look at CCM forced to sell 2 of their first team players mid season

think i'm saying this for the second time in this thread but anyway; the club is currently speaking to potential investors so we don't need to be selling these players. What's the point in selling our first team players before we've had a chance to win anything? If we do that then we'll always be a mid-table team and never achieve anything. We've got the TV rights that are coming up, so combine this with additional investors and the club will be very sustainable.

Is it not a bit worrying that the club are already looking for new investors ? surely anyone starting a new A-league club knew what they were getting themselves into

obviously they knew what they're getting into, and none of them are in it to make money. I welcome any new investors, because it means there are more spending opportunities and hope that one day we can get marquee players.

Edited by heart_fan10

anyone got any links to behich leaving?

selling duganzic, marrone, and behich all in the same off season would become a very big problem for the club. goodwin can cover for one fullback, and thats if he doesnt leave. duganzic would also be hard to cover for, because if terra and worm are leaving, we would be short on wingers. me might get a better price if we hold out on him for even just one more season.

just out of curiosity, does anyone know when Smeltz's and Van Den Brink's contacts expire.

Also, my fucktory friend said Kruse might be returning to fucktory. good luck to them :mellow:

yeah but thats the thing, most of Europe, infact the whole of Europe probably don't see the value of throwing a couple mil for a player from the other side of the world when they can get a player from Europe... they will take advantage of us, especially considering we will probably need to sell a player or two to help keep our loss at a minimum

im not saying theyre not worth it, im just looking at it realistically

The key for A-League clubs is to add a clause for the any future sale of the player, say 10-25% of the next transfer fee. Then if the player goes onto bigger and better things and they are able to command a million plus transfer fee, the club will get their percentage, which will probably be similar or even more than the original sale price.

• Like 1

why are people assuming we're selling half the squad in the off season <_<

Fantastic point.

I think most of this assumption has risen from supporters own high opinions of their favourite players being European Material more than anything else.

In the case of Duga for example I find it high unlikely that a Croat Club would not wait out another season a pick up a still very young player for free than pay a transfer fee.

Edited by cadete

After his performance last night for Beijing, how about Piao Cheng?

Why would he go from earning big bucks, in one of the best teams in his home country, that averages 40,000 extremely passionate fans that love him to each game, to us?

Edited by NoMorePineapple

MELBOURNE Heart flirted with the idea of making a play for Victory outcast Jean Carlos Solorzano, but the Costa Rican striker will return home in a bid to reignite his career.

Heart recently renewed its interest after being outbid for Solorzano, 24, on the eve of the season. But when talks stalled, he decided to return to Costa Rica after a nightmare season.

With Solorzano off the market, Heart is among several clubs - including Victory and Sydney FC - interested in young Gold Coast attacker Ben Halloran, although no formal approach has been made.

With doubt surrounding Gold Coast's future, Halloran is one of at least six talented youngsters being courted by rival clubs.

Solorzano was poached from champion Brisbane Roar after scoring 12 goals last season. But he has yet to open his account at Victory, having started four games and averaging 35 minutes a game in 14 appearances.

He will return to his original club LD Alajuelense, which still owns his services.

"We spoke to him about signing for next season. It didn't get anywhere, so we've put a line through it and moved on," Heart football manager John Didulica said.

"We wrote to Victory about it and there were early discussions around salary, but it was complicated by the fact he's still contracted to his club in Costa Rica so we would have had to pay a fee above his salary."

Heart would lock in fifth spot with a win away to Adelaide United tomorrow night, although its next opponent would not be known until after Sunday's Wellington Phoenix-Central Coast clash.

A draw or a loss would leave Heart's destiny in the hands of Sydney FC and Newcastle Jets, who also play on Sunday.

http://www.heraldsun...x-1226306562797

Edited by heart_fan10

When I see him play, Halloran sometimes looks like cardiobenj. Thats a good enough reason to not sign him.

Tried to find a photo to illustrate my point, but couldnt find any he looks like cardiobenj in.

But did find this. Strong meme potential.

592730-gold-coast-united.jpg

think i'm saying this for the second time in this thread but anyway; the club is currently speaking to potential investors so we don't need to be selling these players. What's the point in selling our first team players before we've had a chance to win anything? If we do that then we'll always be a mid-table team and never achieve anything. We've got the TV rights that are coming up, so combine this with additional investors and the club will be very sustainable.

About sponsors, have always thought HART (Honda Australia rider (motorcycle) training) would be a great sponsor, fits perfectly and could get around the sponsor embargo set by the FFA.

Lowe could possibly be keen. I know he left Glory because he was sick of seeing his talented young players not get a chance in the Glory set up. Surely a club with heart's philosophy would appeal.

May get shot down for this. But Llujbo Millicevic has been released by Hajduk. Anyone see it happening? We do need a strong experienced centre back and despite his slightly fragile mental state in regards to Australia I would love to see him in a Heart kit.

Lowe could possibly be keen. I know he left Glory because he was sick of seeing his talented young players not get a chance in the Glory set up. Surely a club with heart's philosophy would appeal.

May get shot down for this. But Llujbo Millicevic has been released by Hajduk. Anyone see it happening? We do need a strong experienced centre back and despite his slightly fragile mental state in regards to Australia I would love to see him in a Heart kit.

would've taken him at the start of this season, and will still take him now. Exactly the type of CB we need, just hope that he doesn't cause any issues in the team but we don't really have any 'big personalities' at the club so it shouldn't be a problem

All respect lost for you after this statement!

would've taken him at the start of this season, and will still take him now. Exactly the type of CB we need, just hope that he doesn't cause any issues in the team but we don't really have any 'big personalities' at the club so it shouldn't be a problem

He's a Muscat type of personality, not in the sense of being a dirty hacking thug, but a dominant alpha male with very clear ideas of how the game should be played. This would be fine if it was aligned with how we will be playing, and if he accepts the authority of the coach.

He's a Muscat type of personality, not in the sense of being a dirty hacking thug, but a dominant alpha male with very clear ideas of how the game should be played. This would be fine if it was aligned with how we will be playing, and if he accepts the authority of the coach.

that's true, but we don't have any players in our team who will 'put their foot in the fire' when they need to. This is why we get beaten by teams like perth, wellington, newcastle because they 'bully' us off the field. Ljubo will add some much needed grunt into the team, but is also a very clever and technically good player

always going to be hard to find a good AFC player because of the money. I would like to see the club look around in the J2 league or even in bahrain and some of the middle eastern countries where players would move to australia for a better lifestyle

Off the top of my head, a player like Mohamed, the lebanese CB from Koln is more the sort of player we should target with our Asian visa place.

Just returned from my travel from Adelaide and this is what i have picked up from the team

Terra off to a German 3rd tier team

Rutger Worm, Ibrahim, Roganovic gone

Colosimo off to victory

Maycon gone, South Melbourne are reportedly interested in signing him

Goodwin signed with Jets for 2 years

Hernandez deal almost wrapped up

They are interested in Charisteas, they will only make a play for him if there is a big supporter base at the Olympiacos vs Victory match

Shroj to stay

They are interested in signing at least one of the Trifiro brothers

From the VPL they are interested with Jonathon Voulgaris from Northcote city and Chris Grossman from Moreland

Mattei is on loan from Victory and we dont pay his wages unless he plays in the youths or in the seniors thats why Roganovic was always keeping for the Youths and they used Roganovic over Mattei in the senior team when Bolton was injured because they didnt wanna pay for Matteis wages