Melbourne Football

Transfers

malloy

But as much potential as Babalj has shown, I don't think he's ready yet to be our no. 1 up front. Ideally, I think he should be combining his appearances in the first team with some more development in the youth league where he can work on the areas he needs to improve on. We can't do that now because we don't have anyone better to play his position.

Sash, very good point and IMO this applies throughout the squad, not only to Babalj. We really need to have a back-up for each 'position', so to speak, and we select the team based on injuries and fitness, the opposition and their strenghts and weknesses, physicality etc., and how we want to play that particular game. If we had another central striker, for example, sometimes we might play both, other times one of them, all depending on circumstances. IMO we've overworked Babalj, Dugandzic and Good this season. We brought back Fred and Germano too early simply because we didn't have adequate stand-ins.

On Eli Babalj - I think many people look at him and forget that he's only just turned 20 late in February. I know he has his detractors, but IMO he's really stood up for us.

We need a second out and out stirker. Babalj is too raw, and too skinny to do it alone. He need some meat like dukes, paul ifill (however you spell his name) or gc's rickter (dito) etc. at his best he (babalj) is ok. at his worst he is horrible! Maycon must go down as the worst import in competition history. We need to sign a new coach first. this will allow him to determine where our weaknesses are and try to recruit accordingly.

"Goalkeeper Clint Bolton, midfielders Kristian Sarkies, Wayne Srhoj, Kliment Taseski, and attackers Rutger Worm, Kamal Ibrahim, Maycon and Alex Terra, are all free agents in the next few months.

Bolton, Heart's inaugural player of the year, will make up his mind about playing on next season when Heart's campaign is over. The club has signed Brisbane's shot-stopper Andrew Redmayne, but if Bolton wants to play on he will be offered a new deal.

It is unlikely Sarkies will get the chance to rehabilitate his career in red and white. Once one of Australia's most promising youngsters, the midfielder's career has been blighted by a series of injuries, and he has not made the breakthrough in his two years at Heart.

Taseski was signed from the Victorian Premier League but is another who has been dogged by injury. The 20-year-old made one appearance this season, and is expected to return to the VPL.

Ibrahim was part of the club's first intake, but the Ethiopian-born 19-year-old is in a similar boat to Taseski, and has failed to get much game time in his two years at Heart. He may struggle to get a new deal.

Brazilian Maycon, a stop-gap signing at the start of the season, was a largely peripheral figure. His countryman Terra has played a bigger role, scoring some memorable goals. But he has also been injury prone, and has not played often enough to warrant a new deal.

Worm, the Dutch winger, was conspicuous at Heart's draw with Wellington on Saturday by being dressed in a suit and tie. He has been left out of the team on numerous occasions this season and his future may lie elsewhere: imported players have to be significantly better than locals to justify their place on the list, and Worm has not displayed that he is.

The final name on the out-of-contract list is holding midfielder Srhoj. Unlike most of the others in this position he is a regular first-team player and is likely to be offered a new deal.

No decisions will be made on re-signing new players until Heart decides on John van 't Schip's replacement."

At least we know Thompson is contracted :)

Edited by LR9

Bolton, Shroj, Terra to stay. Out of that list the only one I would be upset to lose is Shroj. I can't see us signing another Australian DM who has better defensive attributes than him if we release him. There is the perfect world and the real world. Perfect world we would be able to happily say good bye to Shroj. Real world we would release him and sign an inferior product in his position as replacement. Don't see the point of taking the risk. He has provided stability in his position in the last two years.

Bolton I would love to stay but respect him if he retires.

Terra is the hardest to make a call on. On his day he has been the difference between a positive and negative result. However, injuries have made this less frequent than we would like. Only release him if we have someone lined up who we can be relatively confident will provide more to the squad in his place. i.e. A proven centre forward or experienced CB. Age will play a factor with forwards however a CB i'd be happy to see us sign a 32-34 year old with a solid european CV to match. Or throw some money at Madaschi to see him return.

I'd like to see Taseski given more of a chance. Sarkies, Maycon, Ibrahim and Worm have proven themselves unworthy of a new contract though.

• Like 2

Terra is the hardest to make a call on. On his day he has been the difference between a positive and negative result. However, injuries have made this less frequent than we would like.

Completely disagree on Terra. Has had minimal impact this season, and lives off the memory of a couple of good games in Season 1 and one bicycle kick. Should be one of the first to be released as we can do a lot better elsewhere, and, unless he goes along with Maycon and Worm we cannot sign another visa player for next season.

That's the reality of the restrictions that apply in the A-League.

Edited by jw1739

Squad for next year:

----------------- Redmayne-------------------

----- Morrone--thwite--Rozic---Behich

------------------- Bresciano ------------------

Garmano - Halloran -------

----------------------------Fred

-------------Dugandizic------- -------(. )--------- Any suggestion for left ST

Can anyone see this team not winning the league by a long way? Gee. I love speculating.

Victory have 6-7 players on VISA's ATM, if Solorzano is on the way out we should snap him up ASAP!

He had OP earlier in the season, but has been one of their best in recent weeks. He is a strong forward with a knack for goal, and he already has 2 years of exp. in the HAL.

I know he is one of Jim's favorites, but 6 does not equal 3...

Edited by LR9

If we don't re-sign Terra (and i think that we shouldn't), I would not be suprised if he went to Victory or another A-league club ...

I would not be completely surprised if this happened – He would like the steady pay for one.

As for MH is concerned I would prefer a more versatile player taking up a International spot.

Ones like Fred and Germano.

Terra can only play as an AW, the experiment of him at CF failed and he does not have the tank or attitude for a 4-4-2 like Winger that tracks back as well as forwards.

aziz spoke to SEN today and Harf asked him about a rumour that he has some interest from Galatasaray. If it comes off how good is it that we have a strong youth squad and a ready-made replacement in Goodwin.

Doesnt surprise me that Europe is looking at Aziz.

Would deliver lols if he moved to Gala tbh.

aziz spoke to SEN today and Harf asked him about a rumour that he has some interest from Galatasaray. If it comes off how good is it that we have a strong youth squad and a ready-made replacement in Goodwin.

would rather keep him for 1 more season before he goes overseas. We'll have a good crack at winning something next season

Completely disagree on Terra. Has had minimal impact this season, and lives off the memory of a couple of good games in Season 1 and one bicycle kick. Should be one of the first to be released as we can do a lot better elsewhere, and, unless he goes along with Maycon and Worm we cannot sign another visa player for next season.

That's the reality of the restrictions that apply in the A-League.

He hasn't been amazing I agree but as far as imports go he hasn't been the worst by any stretch of the imaginiation? I thought the 3+1 rule came in season after next? If thats not the case then well sadly it will have to be goodbye to Mr. Terra. Need that spot to be taken up by a versatile European defender imo. Unless we can get Thwaite or convince Mr. Madaschi or Ogenovski to come back then we can start looking at using the third spot in a more attacking sense.

I thought the 3+1 rule came in season after next? If thats not the case then well sadly it will have to be goodbye to Mr. Terra.

I am just going on what Scott Munn said in his long interview on HeartCast, that all clubs had been advised not to contract more than 4 visa players for next season under the proposed 3+1 rule. It was at about the 11-minute mark of the HeartCast. Can't remember which particular edition, but Lachlan was the host and interviewer. I've listened twice to make sure of what Scott Munn said.

Perfect XI for 2012/13 Season:

Redmayne

Marrone Madaschi Thwaite Behich

Shroj

Germano Fred

Halloran................................Dugandzic

Babalj

Solid, but of course if we sign Breciano, Oganovski, Solorzano or a foreign striker, this changes....

are either of Bresciano and Sasa possibilities? aren't both on contracts beyond this season? can't see either club releasing either of them

Solorzano will only come if we guarantee him a first place start, after the tards fucked him around this year.. also depends on who the coach will be next year and if he wants to play 1 or 2 upfront, although would love to see a Babalj and Solorzano partnership next year

Perfect XI for 2012/13 Season:

Redmayne

Marrone Madaschi Thwaite Behich

Shroj

Germano Fred

Halloran................................Dugandzic

Babalj

Solid, but of course if we sign Breciano, Oganovski, Solorzano or a foreign striker, this changes....

stopped reading after i saw shroj

Bolton

Marrone Ognenovski Good Behich

Germano Fred Bresciano

Dugandzic Babalj Halloran

Redemayne

Hamill

Goodwin

Shroj

Thompson

Kalmar

Zahra

Walker

New forgien striker

Thats what id be aiming for if i was the new manager!

Edited by Ja 27

Shroj, while he maybe infuriating to watch at times his a required player next year imo and Ried can stay in Malaysia or Thailand or wherever his at.

One import position left so calls for Solorzano baffle me. If the club don't go for someone with scoring and crowd pulling ability they may as well give the caper up.

As for defenders where does Topor-Stanleys contract situation sit?

why got topor-stanley when you can get twaite?

I have to admit i hated Shroj more than most things but he has really come to the plate. wins the ball... what more do you want from a defensive midfielder. usually protects the back four or three fairly well. prefer him to hoff or sarkies.

however, if we sign breciano or another very decent centre mid place germano dm and breciano up the park....