Melbourne Football

Transfers

malloy

why got topor-stanley when you can get twaite?

Mate, we have neither at the moment but in fantasy land I would take the younger option if we had the choice. I think I posted about Mark pages ago but in reality to see him in a heart kit next year is close to the equivalent of me or you banging jen hawkins.

EDIT. cheers heartfan, did a google and appears he signed a two year contract in '09 but apart from toogood mentioning Madachi coming back im at a loss for a decent local CB.

Edited by downbylaw

I have to admit i hated Shroj more than most things but he has really come to the plate. wins the ball... what more do you want from a defensive midfielder. usually protects the back four or three fairly well. prefer him to hoff or sarkies.

Agree 100%. I started paying more attention to him when he made mistakes. Then realised he's doing a great job, even off the ball. Probably one of the most underrated players in the squad (now that Thompson's carrying a better reputation).

Shroj, while he maybe infuriating to watch at times his a required player next year imo and Ried can stay in Malaysia or Thailand or wherever his at.

One import position left so calls for Solorzano baffle me. If the club don't go for someone with scoring and crowd pulling ability they may as well give the caper up.

+1 re Shroj

Are you counting the loss of Terra, Worm, Maycon?? Besides, I think they should spend there money on the midfield to support Fred, Srhoj, German, Thompson.

are either of Bresciano and Sasa possibilities? aren't both on contracts beyond this season? can't see either club releasing either of them

Solorzano will only come if we guarantee him a first place start, after the tards fucked him around this year.. also depends on who the coach will be next year and if he wants to play 1 or 2 upfront, although would love to see a Babalj and Solorzano partnership next year

The Og will come after his last contracted season.

+1 re Solorzano.

In 2011 he chose Victory over Heart for two reasons: money and his countryman Hernandez. If Milicic becomes manager, he'd be fighting for Solorzano. The deal will happen, unless another big spending club comes around.

Besides, we might get him at a discount now also ;)

Edited by Pandev

As for defenders where does Topor-Stanleys contract situation sit?

Why the guck would we sign that donkey?

Would rather play with Good and Hamill at CB then having this kent.

Also people are forgetting, with JvS gone, Colosimo will likely be a lot happier here, and surely there is little doubt amongst forum posters on his quality.

Why the guck would we sign that donkey?

Would rather play with Good and Hamill at CB then having this kent.

Also people are forgetting, with JvS gone, Colosimo will likely be a lot happier here, and surely there is little doubt amongst forum posters on his quality.

this.

colosimo will be more relaxed and will be very good for us next season given the new manager. My only concern is we need an experienced backup CB for if colosimo is injured.

The reason i like Thwaite is because not only is he an experienced CB, but he can ALSO play as a DM. It has been very noticable this season that without players like Colosimo and Shroj, we miss an experienced player with good defensive attributes. Thwaite can fill in at both positions because he is tall, strong, good in the air, and has good distribution, so really we would be hitting 'two birds with one stone' by getting thwaite because he is a quality and experienced player that's versatile enough to play in both CB and DM positions which are very important to the way we play.

Edited by heart_fan10

I agree Simon will be better next year but we lack defenders anyway.

In particular we lack a CB with a bit more height to tackle the high balls.

Our record against Brisbane says it all, we do well against them cos they play it on the ground. The sides that use the higher long balls are where are defence finds itself in trouble.

Mate, we have neither at the moment but in fantasy land I would take the younger option if we had the choice. I think I posted about Mark pages ago but in reality to see him in a heart kit next year is close to the equivalent of me or you banging jen hawkins.

hahahahahahahhaha

but thwaite is more than double the quality as topor-stanley.

Could work, but missing regular game time and I think he is also tied up in a strange contract with Varese and Juventus (maybe)

forza Vicenza :D

but get him!

With the club in so much debt, I can see a few players being potentially sold off - Namely; Marrone (Italy?), Dugandzic (Croatia?), Behich (app he legit got contacted by Gala...), Williams (???) and Babalj (???).

Will probably coincide with AM or JA getting the managers gig and then promoting the youth as well as taking the scraps from GCU.

With the club in so much debt, I can see a few players being potentially sold off - Namely; Marrone (Italy?), Dugandzic (Croatia?), Behich (app he legit got contacted by Gala...), Williams (???) and Babalj (???).

Will probably coincide with AM or JA getting the managers gig and then promoting the youth as well as taking the scraps from GCU.

thx for transfer fees lads.

in that case better write off next season

whats the use in grooming these players if we aren't preparing them to have a big season in which they help the club to success?

this is why there was an article today stating that the club has spoken to various people regarding investment in the club

The club is not in debt. To be in debt means that you owe money. The syndicate has lost money in its first two years of operation, that's all. It's a risk you take with any investment. As I recall it the syndicate was planning on breaking even in the third year.

• Like 2

true. williams will most likely go to indonesia if he does leave, and Babalj would go to Europe.

gold coast have quality, just because they are low on the ladder doesnt mean they dont have any good, young players.

if we had Halloran and/or Thwaite this year they probably would have started every game.

on marrone: he is signed with the club with another 2 years, so we can command a higher transfer price for him. would be good to see him play in serie a or lower grade epl team

read: http://www.theage.co...0321-1c3s2.html

Edited by nicotera5

There is NO way we have lost 3.5 mil this year! Biggers crowds and cheaper players....Maybe 1 mil loss this year on top of the 2.5 last year? Still have transfer fees to come also.

I'm trying to figure out how we lost more money this last year than last

shroj is the most useless player ive ever seen,must leave

Football is not just about the bloke who scores goals. Its also about marking the opposition when they have the ball, tackling them when they the ball, setting up plays etc. This is why clubs don't pick 11 strikers. This is why Victory, despite having probably the best striking line up in the league, will finish 8th.

Can i suggest turning up sober to a game and watching our #10 the whole match, regardless of where the ball is. You might get a surprise. Every team needs a Srhoj, without one, well you finish 8th (if given some "luck" by the refs) don't you. Now tell me you are giving him the flick because you have signed Scott Parker and I am with you bro, but you don't replace Srhojs with (say) Hernandezs.

o rly? hes shocking,his awareness of whats around him is terrible, defensively hes hit and miss and going forwards we might aswell have bolton pinging em around,

if only he had half the attributes aziz has

You actually have no idea with what your saying.

From what I have seen in the last 2 weeks from Shroj has been brilliant. Yes he hasn't had the best of seasons, but he is starting to hit some form as we are heading into the finals.

What more could we ask for from him?

Edited by tomby

You actually have no idea with what your saying.

From what I have seen in the last 2 weeks from Shroj has been brilliant. Yes he hasn't had the best of years, but he is starting to hit some form as we are heading into the finals.

What more could we ask for from him?

+1