Melbourne Football

Season 23/24 - Round 17 -Melbourne vs Visitors 17th Feb - 7:30pm

MHFC-FAN

11 hours ago, mattyh001 said:

in a nut shell, the injuries, player & coaching changes et al have lead to a very inconsistent and incohesive line up week in week out.  give current line up (particularly with Arslan to come back) an uninterrupted two months together and we would have a solid grounding and style between the group

I agree, it's been a very difficult season with a stream of key player injuries, but we are functioning poorly in every position on the park, and the only time our bench even looks strong is when we have it stacked with players returning from injury who lack match fitness. I'm not sure that Aurelio understands our principles of play nor how to implement them and hasn't brought about an improvement in the cohesion of the playing group

• Like 2

16 hours ago, mattyh001 said:

in a nut shell, the injuries, player & coaching changes et al have lead to a very inconsistent and incohesive line up week in week out.  give current line up (particularly with Arslan to come back) an uninterrupted two months together and we would have a solid grounding and style between the group

Well, I guess another question is "how long do you want?" It's coming up to the end of February and training started back in the latter half of July 2023. Of course there have indeed been disruptions but IMO they are the presenting problems; the deeper question is what are the underlying reasons or reason for something that isn't new this season, and indeed why all these player and coaching departures - it started before the Grand Final last season and was apparent in the very first competitive match of this season at Oakleigh.

23 hours ago, NewConvert said:

With the current line up and injuries, it would take a very special coach. A half decent coach would have us where we are.

He's the one who continue to play players like talbolt and ugarkovic. 

He's also been with the team long enough that he should've been able to implement some type of style with our play. We look way worse under him then we did with Rado The only thing he does is constantly call out the players in public even though he's the coach.

The guy sucks and is not up to it. We should've gone for ufuk talay or someone else.

Edited by jw1739

21 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

He's the one who continue to play players like talbolt and ugarkovic. 

He's also been with the team long enough that he should've been able to implement some type of style with our play. We look way worse under him then we did with Rado The only thing he does is constantly call out the players in public even though he's the coach.

The guy sucks and is not up to it. We should've gone for ufuk talay or someone else.

FTFY.

Absolutely he's had plenty of time to implement a style of play. His appointment had all the signs of a panic appointment, when there was no need for it. Even if we had to fall back on Jamo as an interim coach while we looked for someone more experienced. Former captain should have been able to hold the squad together.

Edited by jw1739

On 19/02/2024 at 5:14 PM, Baka1 said:

Not sure where to put this, but I wonder if CFG look at the packed north end on a derby, then pan across to see our abysmal home end, and think “how can we match that?” Does not look great on the telly that’s for sure 

I don't think they care at all.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KSK_47 said:

I don't think they care at all.

Other than our shitful colours and the occasional lottery to win a trip to some God-forsaken hole in the Middle East you could be forgiven for thinking that there is no connection between us and CFG at all.

• Thanks 2

46 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Other than our shitful colours and the occasional lottery to win a trip to some God-forsaken hole in the Middle East you could be forgiven for thinking that there is no connection between us and CFG at all.

Except for Simon Pearce...