Melbourne Football

Friendly v. Newcastle Sun 18 Sep 3:00pm Morshead Park

Deluka

18 hours ago, cadete said:

Sorry to hear you were bullied at school, but TBH that does not surprise me.

I wasn't,  but I just enjoy observing stupidity.

16 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

The pre-season argument should be resolved in tomorrow's Cup match against WSW.

Ha ha, never as there are too many people with shit on their liver from the past to make objective observations. But yes season proper is nearly here and then we can all make illogical arguments about real matches. :D

7 minutes ago, playmaker said:

Ha ha, never as there are too many people with shit on their liver from the past to make objective observations. But yes season proper is nearly here and then we can all make illogical arguments about real matches. :D

Are you a glutton for Punishment?

I just dont really understand why someone would want to login to a Soccer Forum based around an Underperforming Soccer Club so that can be routinely told that their arguments are flawed and poor by 80% of the said forum's other regular users. 

It's not like it does not tick you off at least a little bit either... because on a daily basis as soon as someone disagrees with you make negative assumptions about their intelligence or their lives outside of being Football Fans.

Edited by cadete

49 minutes ago, playmaker said:

Its funny you say that. Unfortunately for you that sentence shows how little understanding you have of what a logical argument is. FYI a logical argument is a claim that is supported by premises, or evidence. Now the fact that you have basically said that being influenced by the past (evidence) to make objective observations makes people illogical proves you don't really understand what your on about. The fact you wont use past evidence (poor preseason=underwhelming season every year) yet claim for your argument to be logical makes you the most illogical person on here. I'd also say your IQ is in question as well now because you have have failed to understand simple concepts such a this, aren't able to rebut any arguments without digs and put downs and you have a history of putting together poor arguments despite strong factual/statistical evidence (eg. Koren).    

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, n i k o said:

Its funny you say that. Unfortunately for you that sentence shows how little understanding you have of what a logical argument is. FYI a logical argument is a claim that is supported by premises, or evidence. Now the fact that you have basically said that being influenced by the past (evidence) to make objective observations makes people illogical proves you don't really understand what your on about. The fact you wont use past evidence (poor preseason=underwhelming season every year) yet claim for your argument to be logical makes you the most illogical person on here. I'd also say your IQ is in question as well now because you have have failed to understand simple concepts such a this, aren't able to rebut any arguments without digs and put downs and you have a history of putting together poor arguments despite strong factual/statistical evidence (eg. Koren).    

He is just going to demonstrate his high levels of logic and intelligence back your way with a reply with sentences littered (or beginning) with the word "But".. :rolleyes:

Edited by cadete

27 minutes ago, n i k o said:

No no! You have it all wrong! Using past experiences and patterns to develop negative associations with repeating experiences and patterns isnt making an objective observation! Its just being negative for the sake of it!

• Like 2

It's funny how cadete started the shit storm and unfortunate that the usually henchman come in to save the damsel in distress, you guys are so funny. Up until then it was quite an enlightening debate. Then it just becomes a farce. 

I have no issue with my previous logic of not caring about the outcome of practice games for the reasons I have given which is also in line with many professional coaches that use them to test and measure facets of the game. Nor the player list which has been very wisely chosen for wide counters and central defence solidity and the elimination of weakness such as Clisby, Melling, Zullo and Novillo who all contributed to our failings last season. Nor the recruitment of Valkanis to organise the defence with his knowledge and ability to implement a proven systems used by Adelaide (Barcelona coaching system)

Happy with this logical optimism to be honest rather than the 'sky is falling' mentality due to some practice game losses and a JVS panic.

But all this is just hearsay discussions on theories to predict future events, agree or disagree it doesn't matter, and it also doesn't matter that all opinions and discussion need to agree with the high post count pessimists that jump up and down like spoilt bullies if someone doesn't tow their line, then post derogatory comments of a personal nature and then sook when there is a reaction. Meh.

Can't wait to contribute to the discussions on tomorrow's game and equally can't wait to read other people's views and insights regardless if I agree with them or not.

• Like 5

16 hours ago, playmaker said:

It's funny how cadete started the shit storm and unfortunate that the usually henchman come in to save the damsel in distress, you guys are so funny. Up until then it was quite an enlightening debate. Then it just becomes a farce. 

I made a joke about you having a "feeling in your lions" and you then decided to respond with the following overeaction:

On 9/19/2016 at 3:11 PM, playmaker said:

It's more to do with why Valkanis got recruited. But I won't go into my logical insights as it may be beyond the mental capacity of many people like yourself and cause further short circuits in your limbic system, and we can't have that can we.

But if you want to blame me for a "Shit Storm" then please do as I have coped enough blame for just about everything around here it really doesn't matter anymore... and FWIW all these finger pointers end up fucking off anyway.

Edited by cadete

17 hours ago, playmaker said:

Happy with this logical optimism to be honest rather than the 'sky is falling' mentality due to some practice game losses and a JVS panic.

This panic you speak of I don't really see. And people have explained why they are worried (not so much by the Newcastle game but the Wellington one). To call anything to do with JVS a "panic" is absurd given how long he's been here and how mediocre ALL 6 seasons have been.

Whatever happens tonight wont make me not go into this season highly cautious.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Alexxxandro said:

This panic you speak of I don't really see. And people have explained why they are worried (not so much by the Newcastle game but the Wellington one). To call anything to do with JVS a "panic" is absurd given how long he's been here and how mediocre ALL 6 seasons have been.

Whatever happens tonight wont make me not go into this season highly cautious.

I agree with everything you said, although in Playmaker's defence I think its probably more a case of having to hear the same whinge, no matter how justified (or not even) , time and time again that people get sick of.
Dem bad vibes no good for anyone.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, bt50 said:

I agree with everything you said, although in Playmaker's defence I think its probably more a case of having to hear the same whinge, no matter how justified (or not even) , time and time again that people get sick of.
Dem bad vibes no good for anyone.

True. But in defensive of those of us who have (i feel) justified concerns which are being misinterpreted as us having a "the sky is falling" attitude, if people are having the same whinge so regularly that others are getting sick of hearing it (as well as us being sick of having said problems to regularly whinge about) you dont feel that its fair that we are sick of the other side of the coin? People being positive despite overwhelming evidence theres a serious problem hasnt been good for anyone either. In fact you would make a decent argument that a lot of the reason nothing has changed is because too many of our fans have a positive attitude towards things they should be questioning and criticising.

*in summary dem positive vibes are arguably more damaging than dem negative ones

Edited by KSK_47
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, KSK_47 said:

True. But in defensive of those of us who have (i feel) justified concerns which are being misinterpreted as us having a "the sky is falling" attitude, if people are having the same whinge so regularly that others are getting sick of hearing it (as well as us being sick of having said problems to regularly whinge about) you dont feel that its fair that we are sick of the other side of the coin? People being positive despite overwhelming evidence theres a serious problem hasnt been good for anyone either. In fact you would make a decent argument that a lot of the reason nothing has changed is because too many of our fans have a positive attitude towards things they should be questioning and criticising

Completely understand where you're coming from. For me its more about backing the club, who i have the utmost faith in since the takeover in regards to getting the most out of us from a football perspective. I dont think there's a better placed organisation in the world to prepare us for sustained success; even Manchester took 5 years after the takeover before they truly broke through.
Absolutely its frustrating at times, but imo we're getting there. I think the suggestion that the wrong decisions have been made due to fans being too positive is pretty disrespectful to those holding the reigns tbh, they are far more qualified than anyone here is and its fair to say that football isnt an exact science either. At the end of the day only time will tell who is right and who is wrong, but in the meantime I'd rather enjoy myself than sit around and sulk.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Completely understand where you're coming from. For me its more about backing the club, who i have the utmost faith in since the takeover in regards to getting the most out of us from a football perspective. I dont think there's a better placed organisation in the world to prepare us for sustained success; even Manchester took 5 years after the takeover before they truly broke through.
Absolutely its frustrating at times, but imo we're getting there. I think the suggestion that the wrong decisions have been made due to fans being too positive is pretty disrespectful to those holding the reigns tbh, they are far more qualified than anyone here is and its fair to say that football isnt an exact science either. At the end of the day only time will tell who is right and who is wrong, but in the meantime I'd rather enjoy myself than sit around and sulk.

Despite what many people may think i pretty much share your opinion on most of this post. I am extremely optimistic about where this club is heading. I agree with everything you have said except the part about the decision making. I believe a terrible decision has been made qith jvs (which is ok- the club is allowed to make errors i just want them to be fixed when they are made or at least look like theyr are trying to fix them) and even if we do win silverware this year it will not change my opinion on him. He has been given ample opportunity to prove his worth and has given no reason to make me suspect otherwise.

10 minutes ago, KSK_47 said:

Despite what many people may think i pretty much share your opinion on most of this post. I am extremely optimistic about where this club is heading. I agree with everything you have said except the part about the decision making. I believe a terrible decision has been made qith jvs (which is ok- the club is allowed to make errors i just want them to be fixed when they are made or at least look like theyr are trying to fix them) and even if we do win silverware this year it will not change my opinion on him. He has been given ample opportunity to prove his worth and has given no reason to make me suspect otherwise.

Haha i dont disagree with any of that either.

Our major point of difference is in tone. I have also stated the reasons why i think we still have JVS on board which imo are understandable, but stem back to a bad initial decision to appoint him for three years on such big coin.
Like you, winning the title wont save his bacon for mine and imo the club are of the same opinion.

• Like 1

Just now, bt50 said:

Haha i dont disagree with any of that either.

Our major point of difference is in tone. I have also stated the reasons why i think we still have JVS on board which imo are understandable, but stem back to a bad initial decision to appoint him for three years on such big coin.
Like you, winning the title wont save his bacon for mine and imo the club are of the same opinion.

Yes. I think like you said. Its frustrating times. I dont doubt that we will come good eventually. I just think that if the cfg wanted to show they were serious about their claim to be ruthless they could find the money to get rid of him 

2 minutes ago, KSK_47 said:

Yes. I think like you said. Its frustrating times. I dont doubt that we will come good eventually. I just think that if the cfg wanted to show they were serious about their claim to be ruthless they could find the money to get rid of him 

Tbh i actually think CFG, maybe as opposed to the club as such, actually believe our squad is that good that it shouldnt matter who is coaching them. Nothing to say they wont sack him mid season if we have a mid range start, especially given their payout is essentially halved.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Tbh i actually think CFG, maybe as opposed to the club as such, actually believe our squad is that good that it shouldnt matter who is coaching them. Nothing to say they wont sack him mid season if we have a mid range start, especially given their payout is essentially halved.

I hope the squad is that good but as has been raised, my concern is that it is far too unbalanced. A perfect season for me would be some silverware and no new contract for jvs

• Like 1

Just now, KSK_47 said:

I hope the squad is that good but as has been raised, my concern is that it is far too unbalanced. A perfect season for me would be some silverware and no new contract for jvs

Im 100% certain the latter will occur and pretty positive about the first one :up:

• Like 1

I have faith in the appointment of Valkanis to balance JVS's lack of defensive structure/ tactics as he was groomed by 2 very good managers. Either people are under-rating his appointment or I am over-rating it but I can't see why he would leave Amor for any other reason other than having a more active role in executing the skills that he has developed and having a major say in our tactics and strategies. May lead to a less one dimensional JVS type game to one of a more dynamic and adaptive one.

2 hours ago, playmaker said:

I have faith in the appointment of Valkanis to balance JVS's lack of defensive structure/ tactics as he was groomed by 2 very good managers. Either people are under-rating his appointment or I am over-rating it but I can't see why he would leave Amor for any other reason other than having a more active role in executing the skills that he has developed and having a major say in our tactics and strategies. May lead to a less one dimensional JVS type game to one of a more dynamic and adaptive one.

Hope this is the case. I think that's the key word, adaptive. No doubt JVS tactics worked to an extent last season but we need to allow for those games where tactics need to be changed both before and during games.