Melbourne Football

The Sky Blue Derby: Melbourne vs Sydney 2 Jan

strider

2 minutes ago, mus-28 said:

Millar is a 19 y.o Centre Back filling in at right back, can't hold him accountable. He had a nightmare but wasn't afforded much protection from Gersbach's overlapping runs. 

Indeed.

Honestly the armchair critics on here. He is a kid on a youth contract, our 3rd choice right back and you all want to hang draw and quarter him because he didn't meet your expectations. 

13 minutes ago, Dylan said:

so never allowed to make a mistake but at the same time save the game because of other defenders mistakes? :droy: 

Our back four is the issue you allow shot after shot after shot it doesn't matter how many saves you make eventually you miss one (or two in this case) we are the Jekyll and Hyde, best attack in the league worst back four in the league. 

Velaphi would not even come close to saving half of those shots tonight. 

If they can use his transfer period to get some defenders in it will go a long way to bridging the gap to the top two.

15 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

Indeed.

Honestly the armchair critics on here. He is a kid on a youth contract, our 3rd choice right back and you all want to hang draw and quarter him because he didn't meet your expectations. 

No we are also adding Koren to the critiscm. 

Our defense has been an issue for quite a few years. Notwithstanding last season's second half the team's defence has always been poor. Just to note that Redmayne has become a better keeper with a better back four and better goal keeping coach. So take Redmayne and put him with better defenders and he gets better. So what has changed between last season and this season - two players: Jaliens and Baharudin. Some people can blame Sorenson as much as they like but put WSW's back four in front of him and I would not be surprised if he had clean sheets every week.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

Indeed.

you're old enough if your goo enough

2 minutes ago, Tony999 said:

How is Sorrenson at fault for the second goal? For me KOREN is the cause of this draw! Fuck me he is shit! He doesn't even deserve Millar's wage!

He failed to intercept a loopy cross goal  header that he had enough time to get a fist on and even so the second header simply went directrly over the top of him.

I'm not gonna blame Koren for Sorenson's keeping

1 minute ago, NewConvert said:

Our defense has been an issue for quite a few years. Notwithstanding last season's second half the team's defence has always been poor. Just to note that Redmayne has become a better keeper with a better back four and better goal keeping coach. So take Redmayne and put him with better defenders and he gets better. So what has changed between last season and this season - two players: Jaliens and Baharudin. Some people can blame Sorenson as much as they like but put WSW's back four in front of him and I would not be surprised if he had clean sheets every week.

All JVS coached teams are renowned for comical defending.

Lucky. Good crowd numbers considering the big bash. A result I'll take considering the team we put out. Watched in a Sydney pub so was worth just seeing their hearts break after all their chances, (smeltz lol). I wonder who will be dropped/ rested the morning of our next game and which random youth player that I've never heard of will get a start. Also koren ffs, do something or grab a ride to Adelaide with willo. 

2 minutes ago, Luke said:

He needs to come off his line and get that ball dude 

Trouble was that the Sorenson was in no-mans land. He half came off his line thinking he'd punch the ball but then changed his mind and got caught. If he stayed on the line he would've palmed it over. But he had a great game anyway.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, NewConvert said:

I dont think redmayne is a better keeper this season, he is playing with a competent defence so he has a lot less to do. He has only made 23 saves compared to Sorensens 54. Our defence as a team is just rubbish.

Edited by Jacques Le Cube