Melbourne Football

Round 1 | Sydney FC V Melbourne City | Allianz Stadium | 7:30PM Saturday 10th of October 2015

Jimmy

I guess it is a very young back 4, with Retre, Chapman and Clisby in the lineup, so that might be the thinking behind playing Sorensen behind them, have a very experienced and safe pair of gloves to settle the defence. Also I guess Zullo isn't fit enough to start.

Interesting to see Espindola get the nod. Coaches seem to really rate him, although in this case I guess his competition to start in Kuzmanovski might be underdone after having only rejoined the team midweek.

Incredibly attacking bench, a real statement of intent. Hopefully Mooy isn't risked too much though.

I guess it is a very young back 4, with Retre, Chapman and Clisby in the lineup, so that might be the thinking behind playing Sorensen behind them, have a very experienced and safe pair of gloves to settle the defence. Also I guess Zullo isn't fit enough to start.

Interesting to see Espindola get the nod. Coaches seem to really rate him, although in this case I guess his competition to start in Kuzmanovski might be underdone after having only rejoined the team midweek.

Incredibly attacking bench, a real statement of intent. Hopefully Mooy isn't risked too much though.

I think its more important that the CB pairing have actually played with the Gk so they have a good understanding