Melbourne Football

Melbourne CityTV

Falastur

Will be interesting to see how this plays out because as you would have seen from the club websites, the FFA like to have complex control of all media. Even though they do it poorly.

It'll be just one more area where there will be a stoush between FFA and the City.

Having the media run from Manchester currently explains a lot about the lack of engagement and content overall.

The lack of knowledge and connections with the media here is an issue, and you can tell in the negative tone of articles written lately by journalists.

Sounds promising if it does come true though.

Having the media run from Manchester currently explains a lot about the lack of engagement and content overall.

The lack of knowledge and connections with the media here is an issue, and you can tell in the negative tone of articles written lately by journalists.

Our PR has been horribly bland for months now - and this explains it and also why Munn and Didulica have been muzzled. Improvement is need quickly IMO to try and revive the faltering public interest in Melbourne City.

• Like 1

Our PR has been horribly bland for months now - and this explains it and also why Munn and Didulica have been muzzled. Improvement is need quickly IMO to try and revive the faltering public interest in Melbourne City.

Thank fuck they've been muzzled.

Who cares about the lack of "behind the scenes" coverage the club gives us?

Just win football matches ffs.

IMO it's pretty important in that it keeps people engaged in the longer term and contributes to forging the identity that so many whine about over and over again. For example, during the off-season. 

So I'm currently in New York for NYCFC's first ever home game. I went to the Mad Hatter bar - home of the Man City NYC fan club - to watch Manchester City v Burnley (less said about that the better) and bumped into several members of Manchester City's media team who were in New York for the same reason as me.

To cut to the chase, I asked the club photographer about their plans for media in New York and Melbourne. She said that at present, the media in both cities is still being run from Manchester as they try to sort out budgets and so on for both clubs. However, the longterm plan is for Melbourne City to have the same internal media coverage as in Manchester, so things like daily news roundup videos, footage from inside the tunnel on matchdays, funny stuff from training getting posted to YouTube and tweeted, interviews with players, little jokey skits and so on. CityTV posts about 10-15 videos a week, and I think they intend something similar in Melbourne. No word on when they'll be able to get it properly up and running though.

Anyway, just thought I should throw that out there for you.

You're a true blue tragic! Love your work mate :up:

So I'm currently in New York for NYCFC's first ever home game. I went to the Mad Hatter bar - home of the Man City NYC fan club - to watch Manchester City v Burnley (less said about that the better) and bumped into several members of Manchester City's media team who were in New York for the same reason as me.

To cut to the chase, I asked the club photographer about their plans for media in New York and Melbourne. She said that at present, the media in both cities is still being run from Manchester as they try to sort out budgets and so on for both clubs. However, the longterm plan is for Melbourne City to have the same internal media coverage as in Manchester, so things like daily news roundup videos, footage from inside the tunnel on matchdays, funny stuff from training getting posted to YouTube and tweeted, interviews with players, little jokey skits and so on. CityTV posts about 10-15 videos a week, and I think they intend something similar in Melbourne. No word on when they'll be able to get it properly up and running though.

Anyway, just thought I should throw that out there for you.

You're a true blue tragic! Love your work mate :up:

I still have plans to fly out to Melbourne for a game. I couldn't pass up an opportunity to see their first ever home match, though.

Our PR has been horribly bland for months now - and this explains it and also why Munn and Didulica have been muzzled. Improvement is need quickly IMO to try and revive the faltering public interest in Melbourne City. Faltering? Mate it's well and truly faltered.
  • Like 1

Our PR has been horribly bland for months now - and this explains it and also why Munn and Didulica have been muzzled. Improvement is need quickly IMO to try and revive the faltering public interest in Melbourne City. Faltering? Mate it's well and truly faltered.

With the amount of negativity that has surrounded this clubs every move this year, I tend to agree that we have certainly got a long way to go to repair any damage in the eyes of the broader public.

We still stand for underachiement, create lots of dissapointment and still appear rudderless. Our biggest issue is lack of success, but when you throw in the PR disaster that was the David Villa circus, we do well at kicking own goals on and off the park. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

As opposed to what people read on this forum which just oozes positivity! Given the teams performance over the last month any attempt to spin  the results in a positive light would set the BS detector to explode.