Melbourne Football

Fahid Ben Khalfallah

Parrot

The interesting thing about this thread is I cannot remember any Heart fan being upset (in fact I can only remember delight) when Mate decided to walk out MV to join us citing the need to play football in a manner that would further his career in Europe.

NOTE: Obviously things didn't go to plan for Mate, well at least not after his first Season at Heart.

No, but the situation has changed, hasn't it? We have seen a number of players, including youth players, who previously played for MV. And I would admit to thinking about at least two of them that it didn't look as though the Heart football department had done an awful lot of research into alternatives.

Incidentally I note that the much-vaunted Ante Milicic, in his attempt to become Heart coach, wanted as his marquee player Carlos Hernandez...

Would could have been.

Ante Milicic and Carlos Hernandez. Sigh.

THE Wanderers have joined Perth Glory and Melbourne City in the race for Fahid Ben Khalfallah’s signature.

The French-born Tunisian midfielder has been a revelation since joining Melbourne Victory this season, but it’s looking increasingly unlikely that Kevin Muscat will be able to meet his demands.

While a move to rivals City would make sense, the Wanderers don’t have a marquee player and would be able to meet Khalfallah’s asking price. It may depend on whether Tony Popovic would prefer to look abroad for a new signing.

At http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/football-confidential-english-fa-not-happy-with-harry-kanes-impending-trip-to-australia-with-tottenham/story-e6frf423-1227280305862

Throw $1m at him.

I agree. He's absolute quality. Only a few years ago his transfer fee overseas was equivalent to about $AUD 10 million.

He's very fit, runs all day, handles the heat, injury free and early 30s for a footballer is not particularly old when you consider that plenty of footballers can still play well at 35 and over.

(If the Wanderers get him, watch out next season.)

27 March, 2015

All the successful A-League clubs this season have their foreign players at the heart of their line-up, but City, for reasons of form or injury, have not been able to get the best out of their overseas signings.

One man van 't Schip says is not on the radar is Melbourne Victory's highly rated winger Fahid Ben  Khalfallah.

The French-raised Tunisian international is out of contract with the navy blues, who are desperate to keep him but are facing a salary cap squeeze if they want to meet his demands and keep their squad intact.

Reports have mentioned both Western Sydney Wanderers (who could make him a marquee player) and City (who couldn't) as potential suitors, but van 't Schip on Friday morning said Ben  Khalfallah was not a player who he was thinking about at the moment.

"I am not going to talk about that. It's not the case at all [that City were chasing the Victory man] and we are here to talk about Brisbane," the Dutchman said.

"Everybody is looking at other players.  Khalfallah is a player that everybody looks at as well. But I am not saying that we are looking at him to get him in.

Absolutely not. He's a player that is interesting for a lot of teams, but for us, it's important to focus on Brisbane."

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/finals-loom-for-melbourne-city-but-much-more-expected-next-season-20150327-1m937y.html

I think he would look great in red and white. In fact, everybody does.

I can name quite a few players who looked shithouse in red and white and a coach or two as well. Fortunately most of them (but not all) are no longer with us.

I wasn't talking ability.

The highlights from the Sydney match reminded me how much classier, brighter and bolder the red and white is compared to baby blue

http://www.foxsports.com.au/video?v=syd-v-mcy-match-highlights_1227272097068&vc=204

I can name quite a few players who looked shithouse in red and white and a coach or two as well. Fortunately most of them (but not all) are no longer with us.

I wasn't talking ability.

The highlights from the Sydney match reminded me how much classier, brighter and bolder the red and white is compared to baby blue

http://www.foxsports.com.au/video?v=syd-v-mcy-match-highlights_1227272097068&vc=204 Also had our worst loss this year in red and white and given our history, heavily associated with failure

Edited by Dylan

I can name quite a few players who looked shithouse in red and white and a coach or two as well. Fortunately most of them (but not all) are no longer with us. I wasn't talking ability.

The highlights from the Sydney match reminded me how much classier, brighter and bolder the red and white is compared to baby blue

http://www.foxsports.com.au/video?v=syd-v-mcy-match-highlights_1227272097068&vc=204 Also had our worst loss this year in red and white and given our history, heavily associated with failure

Didn't you go to the last derby? :)

I can name quite a few players who looked shithouse in red and white and a coach or two as well. Fortunately most of them (but not all) are no longer with us. I wasn't talking ability.

Did someone in red & white beat you up when you were a kid?

I can name quite a few players who looked shithouse in red and white and a coach or two as well. Fortunately most of them (but not all) are no longer with us.I wasn't talking ability.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/video?v=syd-v-mcy-match-highlights_1227272097068&vc=204Also had our worst loss this year in red and white and given our history, heavily associated with failure

Did someone in red & white beat you up when you were a kid?Christmas must be fun at Dylan's house

Edited by sheepdog
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Would prefer us to find our own players. FFS we ought to be able to.

We have been finding our own players, it's just unfortunate that the one's we've found aren't necessarily citizens or dual citizens to fit within the A-League rules. This is due to the reach the CFG have internationally. But, If we can't poach players from other A-League clubs because of this international reach then fold the club.

Resigned with the Tards for 2 more years, posted on SBS world game facebook page.

Presume you mean re-signed?

If he resigned some one else had probably signed him.

Am happy they still have him. It's important we have some one to hate over there.

Oh Shahanga.... you grammar Nazi  :D  :D  :D

Resigned with the Tards for 2 more years, posted on SBS world game facebook page.

Presume you mean re-signed?

If he resigned some one else had probably signed him.

Am happy they still have him. It's important we have some one to hate over there. Yeah thats what I meant. Whoops, sorry, I mean THAT'S what I meant.