Melbourne Football

AFL 2015 Season

hedaik

How overrated is Daniher? Will never be any better than local league quality imo...

Disagree...

He actually carves it up at VFA Level FWIW... I dont like Essendon much but I am pretty confident he will get there.

It took a few years for someone like Josh Kennedy (Who carved up WAFL as a kid as well) to become a damaging oversized forward and I thinK Daniher will be the same.

Edited by cadete

How overrated is Daniher? Will never be any better than local league quality imo...

Disagree...

He actually carves it up at VFA Level FWIW... I dont like Essendon much but I am pretty confident he will get there.

It took a few years for someone like Josh Kennedy (Who carved up WAFL as a kid as well) to become a damaging oversized forward and I thinK Daniher will be the same.

Tongue firmly in cheek Cadete. Am a massive fan.

Disagree...

Tongue firmly in cheek Cadete. Am a massive fan.

I saw him play against Port in his first year... I thought it was literally Paul Salmon with long hair.

Alas I only really see other teams players when they play Geelong or Port Melbourne... otherwise I dont give them much thought like with the other A-LEAGUE sides players.

Edited by cadete

Disagree...

It took a few years for someone like Josh Kennedy (Who carved up WAFL as a kid as well) to become a damaging oversized forward and I thinK Daniher will be the same. Tongue firmly in cheek Cadete. Am a massive fan.

I saw him play against Port in his first year... I thought it was literally Paul Salmon with long hair.

Alas I only really see other teams players when the play Geelong or Port Melbourne... otherwise I dont give them much thought like with the other A-LEAGUE sides players.

I remember watching him in the under 18's (yes, I'm aware junior footy is a different thing altogether) and thinking he had pretty much all the tools except for weight. Even if he can put on a few kgs he should be elite.

What's wrong with port?

They were my pre season premiers.

I think they have tactically been worked out... and they cant play their run on style of game. Correct.

Hinkley needs to readjust his game plan fast or it will be too late.

What's wrong with port?

They were my pre season premiers. I think they have tactically been worked out... and they cant play their run on style of game. Correct.

Hinkley needs to readjust his game plan fast or it will be too late.

Real Quick - When it happened to Ivan Lendl he never recovered...

Daniher is progressing very well considering his height - Cameron is a freak and came into the league basically built like Gary Ablett Snr and is the most similar player I have seen to Gaz Snr since 1997.

He keeps his feet like a champ, has a Accurate Set Shot and is Accurate on the run, Great Marking Ability, and dangerous speed when the balls hits the ground... if the guy played for Collingwood he be on every second advert on Television and if he played in the early 90's he would have already kicked 100 goals in his past two seasons.

Edited by cadete

Far out the last 3 weeks have been on the whole really crap.. Amazing to think a team that beat Sydney in Sydney can proceed to lose a 9 goal lead to st kilda and get belted around the park by Melbourne..

we're young, but the effort's been very average... Plus playing Cordy as the main ruckman is one of the more ridiculous decisions I've seen.

Looking forward to seeing us bounce back against GWS, especially with the growing hate between the two clubs and how far they've advanced this year.

Far out the last 3 weeks have been on the whole really crap.. Amazing to think a team that beat Sydney in Sydney can proceed to lose a 9 goal lead to st kilda and get belted around the park by Melbourne..

we're young, but the effort's been very average... Plus playing Cordy as the main ruckman is one of the more ridiculous decisions I've seen.

Looking forward to seeing us bounce back against GWS, especially with the growing hate between the two clubs and how far they've advanced this year.

No offence... but I think you guys are feeling the effects of one being mainly a young side getting tired and two like Port (albeit in a much shorter timespan) being worked out tactically as your coach did seem to bring a few interesting new tactical ideas to the game in the first few rounds..

Growing up Geelong had a seasons like your guys are having every few years, we would win our first five - lose most of the next ten and then win the last five when it didn't matter anymore.

Rare to see a 21 year old key forward tear any AFL side a new asshole I would've thought.

What about Reimers kicking 8 against GC when he was 22 (y)Key forward... Rarer to see a midfielder kick 8 isn't it? Don't see your point.

Ditto (y)

No offence... but I think you guys are feeling the effects of one being mainly a young side getting tired and two like Port (albeit in a much shorter timespan) being worked out tactically as your coach did seem to bring a few interesting new tactical ideas to the game in the first few rounds..

Growing up Geelong had a seasons like your guys are having every few years, we would win our first five - lose most of the next ten and then win the last five when it didn't matter anymore.

Thought the exact same about the game plan.. Was easily shut down by the best defensive coach in the league in Roos. We didn't even look like scoring majority of yesterday.. I'm still excited for the future as we are ridiculously young and missing our best player in Libba, but a bit more effort is required over the next few weeks at the least I'd say.

PPL say Ratten shouldn't have been sacked...

They are more likely right than wrong but he still would have had a similar list, same Carlton pressure and would have been sacked by now anyway.

Mind you Daisy Thomas's one mate at Carlton just left the Building.

Goodes does my head in. fucken sook

better get used to it, acting like he's the first player to get booed 

I have to agree there... needs to toughen up a bit.

In Perf they boo any well known player from a Victorian Club: Hird, Buckley, Carey and Co were all booed by WCE and Freo fans just for being good players who had the nerve to play for Victorian teams... in fact none of three were actually Victorian.

Then there was the time Hawkins was booed of the ground by the WCE fans when he came off on a Stretcher which he genuinely needed to do... the very same PPL gave a standing ovation to Cuzzy when he was placed on a club imposed banned due to issues with the Police.

Edited by cadete

I dont recall boo'ing Hird (and if we did we ended up having good foresight) but Buckley was/is a dickhead and Carey as well at the time was a fairly arrogant player. I know Perth people have a weird anti-vicco thing going on but I don't think any of the boo'ing had anything to do with being part of a vicco team, just that the players were gronks (plenty of others got boo'd as well but I dont have a cadete memory)

Edited by hedaik

I went up this season for our first game against sydney in sydney and certain sections of the crowd were booing Jobe watson whenever he got the ball. Where was Goodes public condemnation of his own supporters then?

Edited by kingofhearts

I went to first up this season for our first game against sydney in sydney and certain sections of the crowd were booing Jobe watson whenever he got the ball. Where was Goodes public condemnation of his own supporters then?

Exactly.

Seen Watson cope it vs Collingwood.

Fucking hate Essendon but Watson is a classy player who always presents himself in a classy way on and off field. As you'd expect he just took his booing on the chin. In fact it should be a point of pride, poor players don't get booed.

Goodes HTFU.

Edited by Shahanga

I went up this season for our first game against sydney in sydney and certain sections of the crowd were booing Jobe watson whenever he got the ball. Where was Goodes public condemnation of his own supporters then?

Watching the football in Sydney is retarded... the AFL is kidding themselves if they think they have many proper conversations up there as the shit u hear PPL around you in the crowd say it's beyond ridiculous.

The worst is the SCC Members - It's like a Young Members Event at Flemington, blokes just spend their time standing with their back to the game drinking pots trying to pick up Personal Assistants who are dressed like they are at a Nightclub.

I dont recall boo'ing Hird (and if we did we ended up having good foresight) but Buckley was/is a dickhead and Carey as well at the time was a fairly arrogant player. I know Perth people have a weird anti-vicco thing going on but I don't think any of the boo'ing had anything to do with being part of a vicco team, just that the players were gronks (plenty of others got boo'd as well but I dont have a cadete memory)

Yeah - I def recall Hird being booed because my Mum used to like him at the time and was annoyed at PPL for doing it.

The most retarded thing you hear in Perth Crowds and much more from Eagles supporters than Freo supporters is when a decision goes against them that it's because the AFL is run by Victorians.. it's like they are stuck in 1985 and our still bitter Player X from their WAFL side has moved to Carlton for money.

No other team based in a Footy State has come close to receiving better Draft Concessions than the Eagles did all they way up to 1994 (They still recieved them after winning a flag!) but for some reason none of these PPL have ever actually flipped through an AFL footy guide.

Edited by cadete

• hedaik locked this topic