Melbourne Football

AFL 2014 Season

toogood18

It's taken some time, but Daniel Wells has developed into a bit of a weapon. Good on North for sticking with him. 

North should have taken the Chocolates against the Cats both times this year.

Geelong just can't play against against North for some reason. I bet there praying they don't play against them if they make finals.

Has the ever been a better side to miss the 8 than north?

Have just lacked that bit of class/someone to stand up in the last 10 minutes in 4-5 games this year.. Could so easily be top 5 or 6 had things gone a little differently.

Should have beaten Geelong x 2

West Coast

Hawthorn

Carlton

Adelaide

Have shown that they can easily dispose of teams like Richmond etc

One to watch next year for sure, as their star player start to hit their prime years (wells, swallow..(injured), Ziebell, Thomas, Adams etc)

Outplayed by our own running, handball game. Umpiring was shit both ways, not sure why ths review system is even in place if its not used correctly.

Rofl. Understatement of the century. Free kick count was 25 - 11 in Geelongs favour. 8 free kicks to nothing in the last quarter. 4 goals to nothing from freekicks. One of the most biased, insipid umpiring performances I've ever witnessed. Umpires did everything to try and gift the game to Geelong. I almost stormed the fence it was that frustratingly blatant. Blue murder of the highest degree. Special mention to motlops ducking which was a class A performance.

Regardless, for the players to push through and get the win under such adversity was very special, knowing they'd crumbled so many times previously in similar circumstances. Really felt like a defining game for this generation of players. Really hope it will be the making as we push on to become a top 4 dominant side over the next few years.

Ps. Ziebell please have my babies.

• Like 3

Yes norf "should've" beaten the hawks and were "unlucky" to lose that game.

Reality check. Hawks led at every change. Buddy didnt kick a goal all day and missed 4 or 5 sitters. All the roos did was bomb the ball into the 50 wishing Wayne Carey was still around. We controlled whole game from the start and almost let it slip in the last quarter.

It was the worst we played all year and still won. :up:

Outplayed by our own running, handball game. Umpiring was shit both ways, not sure why ths review system is even in place if its not used correctly.

Rofl. Understatement of the century. Free kick count was 25 - 11 in Geelongs favour. 

Wasn't aware of the statistics, just from watching the game you could tell it was over-umpired. Especially in the second quarter I thought the flow of the game was butchered by the whistle.

Reality check. Hawks led at every change. Buddy didnt kick a goal all day and missed 4 or 5 sitters. All the roos did was bomb the ball into the 50 wishing Wayne Carey was still around. We controlled whole game from the start and almost let it slip in the last quarter.

What is the purpose of this story

What is the purpose of this story

Hawthorn ego kicked in.

Hearing the likely outcome will be a 6 month ban to Hird with no players receiving infractions. Essendon will challenge the ban.

3 mil fine aswell

Doesn't sound too unplausible. IMO i would have think they would have points docked as well, but i guess we'll see.

Still keen on that bet?

Rofl. Understatement of the century. Free kick count was 25 - 11 in Geelongs favour. 8 free kicks to nothing in the last quarter. 4 goals to nothing from freekicks. One of the most biased, insipid umpiring performances I've ever witnessed. Umpires did everything to try and gift the game to Geelong. I almost stormed the fence it was that frustratingly blatant. Blue murder of the highest degree. Special mention to motlops ducking which was a class A performance.

Regardless, for the players to push through and get the win under such adversity was very special, knowing they'd crumbled so many times previously in similar circumstances. Really felt like a defining game for this generation of players. Really hope it will be the making as we push on to become a top 4 dominant side over the next few years.

Geelong was definitely outnumbered more often than not and North dominated the ruck, which made a huge difference as well. Well done  :clap:  that won the game.

The free-kicks were lopsided in Geelong's favour, and there could have been 10 more easy free kicks, which the umpires didnt give us. For example, the run of play, I think late in the 2nd half, long ball into Geelongs forward 50, Motlop chasing the ball against 2 North players clearly being held off the ball, then 2 Varcoe tackles which should have been holding ball, I think the turn over resulted in a North goal. Then with in minutes there was 2 easy free kicks, I think a holding ball and a high tackle, which were called play on. So many high tackles made by North that werent paid. Also, dont forget Hawkins, 2 on 1 at nearly every contest, was being held more often than not, I think he got 1 free kick out of it. All of which would have resulted in a 30m set shot at goal.

Shit happens I guess.

Edited by bazzatron

Geelong was definitely outnumbered more often than not and North dominated the ruck, which made a huge difference as well. Well done  :clap:  that won the game.

The free-kicks were lopsided in Geelong's favour, and there could have been 10 more easy free kicks, which the umpires didnt give us. For example, the run of play, I think late in the 2nd half, long ball into Geelongs forward 50, Motlop chasing the ball against 2 North players clearly being held off the ball, then 2 Varcoe tackles which should have been holding ball, I think the turn over resulted in a North goal. Then with in minutes there was 2 easy free kicks, I think a holding ball and a high tackle, which were called play on. So many high tackles made by North that werent paid. Also, dont forget Hawkins, 2 on 1 at nearly every contest, was being held more often than not, I think he got 1 free kick out of it. All of which would have resulted in a 30m set shot at goal.

Shit happens I guess.

Lol Bearza-tron your off your head, pal. Take it from someone who actually doesn't mind either side and had nothing on the game... North got slaughtered before by the umps. Plain and simple. Paid the ticky-touchwood ones but only one way(geelong's) and let Harvey get bashed around all night off the ball with zero protection.

North did very well not to collapse like the house of cards we know they are/have been tbh  :up:

PS. inb4CADgeelongrant

Edited by Braveheart
  • Like 2

Hearing the likely outcome will be a 6 month ban to Hird with no players receiving infractions. Essendon will challenge the ban.

3 mil fine aswell

Doesn't sound too unplausible. IMO i would have think they would have points docked as well, but i guess we'll see.

Still keen on that bet?

I'm gonna trust my mail on this one.

I will post the message I received this morning from someone who knows someone who has seen the report (I know that sounds dodgy) when it's all said & done and we will see if what I received was right.

Can PM if anyone is keen.

3 mil fine aswell

Still keen on that bet?

I'm gonna trust my mail on this one.

I will post the message I received this morning from someone who knows someone who has seen the report (I know that sounds dodgy) when it's all said & done and we will see if what I received was right.

DIdn't think that the actual report had punishments suggestions though.

Yeah, Murphy never looked like a leader or the player with a loud voice with the tendency to "rally the troops".

A big, proven forward target was required and Malthouse experimenting with the forward line every week took a toll on us.

I still have no idea as to why Duigan or Laidler never featured this year. That really bothered me. What does Mick have against them?

3 mil fine aswell

Still keen on that bet?I'm gonna trust my mail on this one.

DIdn't think that the actual report had punishments suggestions though. Has 'recommendations' though.

EDIT - Will PM you when I'm home (y)

Edited by MaliMate
  • Like 1