Melbourne Football

Round 14: CCM vs City 4th Jan KO: 5:00pm

kingofhearts

The commentator said that Chapman was rested today...he's got a month off after this game, why rest him?

Exactly what I was thinking. He's fucking 20 years old!

He's 20 years old and recovering from a chronic relapsing illness that has a high chance of relapse with repeated physical exertion!

• Like 3

The commentator said that Chapman was rested today...he's got a month off after this game, why rest him?

He's 20 years old and recovering from a chronic relapsing illness that has a high chance of relapse with repeated physical exertion!

He's gonna have a hard time making a career out of being a professional footballer then!

He's gonna have a hard time making a career out of being a professional footballer then!

No, he'll be a good professional footballer but he needs to recover well. The other sport I follow, cycling often has riders miss a whole season with glandular fever so even if we get him for half the games it'll be a bonus. The risk is that we rush him back too soon and lose him for the rest of this season.

Its well documented that the fitter you are and the more extreme regular exertion you have the more susceptible to GF you are and the more prolonged the recovery.

Edited by belaguttman

He's gonna have a hard time making a career out of being a professional footballer then! It doesn't last forever he just needs time to recover. Like any injury you overdo it with the comeback and it will happen again. He's only been back a few weeks.

No, he'll be a good professional footballer but he needs to recover well. The other sport I follow, cycling often has riders miss a whole season with glandular season so even if we get him for half the games it'll be a bonus. The risk is that we rush him back too soon and lose him for the rest of this season.

Would have thought keeping him out til Feb was a better option than risking playing him and having him relapse.