Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

Just posting the annual "Samaras is coming to Heart/City" post

Carry on.

On 12/30/2015 at 8:50 PM, Nate said:

no guest players plz, our forward/midfield is fine

sign some quality defenders and we'll win the league

Let's not have a repeat of that David Villa shit.

F**k me dead that whole situation was a joke. Villa also. F**k him.

10 hours ago, possiblygeorge said:

Just posting the annual "Samaras is coming to Heart/City" post

Carry on

Couldn't have thought of anything worse than Samaras. The whole he's coming routine would shit me bad.

..BUT this time around, I actually think it may happen. And the more I toss it around in my head, the more I think he might actually work for us... 

Reckon it's either him or Ronaldinho.

...can't believe I just wrote all that...

1 hour ago, rass said:

Couldn't have thought of anything worse than Samaras. The whole he's coming routine would shit me bad.

..BUT this time around, I actually think it may happen. And the more I toss it around in my head, the more I think he might actually work for us... 

Reckon it's either him or Ronaldinho.

...can't believe I just wrote all that...

Thursday 10am announcement 

13 minutes ago, johnno cpfc said:

All this talk about guest players etc how about i throw in Steven Gerrard currently at Liverpool to just keep fitness levels up. Well how about it? could he be available for a guest stint in the A league specificaly to us???

I'd be too worried about him slipping over and so far in the mls he has complained about the travel 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, johnno cpfc said:

All this talk about guest players etc how about i throw in Steven Gerrard currently at Liverpool to just keep fitness levels up. Well how about it? could he be available for a guest stint in the A league specificaly to us???

Unlikely still contracted to LA Galaxy. Don't think they would want him missing any pre season to play a few games in Australia. Could happen next season but reports suggest he plans to retire and go  in to coaching.

Edited by DFG_82

1 hour ago, AntiScum said:

The players out tonight have all received overseas offers. Mooy has an offer from the uk. I'll try and find out the others before the game ends. 

I hope this isn't true. I heard a rumour a couple of days ago that CFG already have their JVS replacement sorted but won't pull the trigger until the end of the season. If CFG are also entertaining offers for our best players in January, they have written off the season.

Mind you it's all conjecture, Tando is apparently being pursued but he was in the squad tonight

6 minutes ago, Jacques Le Cube said:

I hope this isn't true. I heard a rumour a couple of days ago that CFG already have their JVS replacement sorted but won't pull the trigger until the end of the season. If CFG are also entertaining offers for our best players in January, they have written off the season.

Mind you it's all conjecture, Tando is apparently being pursued but he was in the squad tonight

Any idea who

Franjic - some second rate league in Europe

Paartalu - Asia

Mooy - UK (has asked to be sold but stay in melbourne until the season is over for the sake of his wife and kid which the buying club is ok with-not sure how that will work)

NO OFFER has been accept for any of the players but obviously have to withdraw the players from the squad.

Tando isnt being pushed but is pissed and wants more game time.

Our next coach is Josep Gombau had a clause in his contract he couldnt coach another A-League club (for a year after his departure) so CFG snapped him up for New York and will bring him in for the start of next year.

Heard Troisi is pretty much a done deal!!

Edited by AntiScum

5 minutes ago, AntiScum said:

Paartalu - Asia

Mooy - UK (has asked to be sold but stay in melbourne until the season is over for the sake of his wife and kid which the buying club is ok with-not sure how that will work)

NO OFFER has been accept for any of the players but obviously have to withdraw the players from the squad.

Our next coach is Josep Gombau had a clause in his contract he couldnt coach another A-League club (for a year after his departure) so CFG snapped him up for New York and will bring him in for the start of next year.

Better fire up the green and red lines again! 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, drewmelbcity said:

I think with Sydney's outs tonight mooy was rested for next week. Perhaps jvs and the coaching crew thought they could snare a win without him.

I think theyre testing the water leaving mooy out. I think offers are coming thick and fast for our boy and City wanted to see if we can handle it without him. It is a bit strange that all 3 sat out and partaluu and mooy got a knock yesterday at training. Franjic I can swallow with a strain from last week. 

2 hours ago, mus-28 said:

Surely the powers that be can organize to ship Koren off to Hyde United as part of CFG's sponsorship of the club, Northern Premier League is more his standard. 

FYI, CFG don't sponsor Hyde anymore. The sponsorship ended last season, incidentally the exact same time that Hyde elected to re-add the word "United" to their name.

Edited by Falastur

8 hours ago, AntiScum said:

Paartalu - Asia

Sorry but I don't believe a word of it. The fact of the matter is that all three players are contracted to the club and whilst I am sure they wouldn't want to stop them if they can enhance their careers, what will be paramount is success for Melbourne this year. So that is why I am 100% sure they will all see the season out. 

Our owners don't have to sell because they have plenty of money. I also question if Paartalu would want to go back to Asia, especially has he has over two years on his contract.

Also do you really believe the club is going to withdraw three players from our team on the basis they have had offers from other clubs? It simply wouldn't happen.

Edited by silva10
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, silva10 said:

Sorry but I don't believe a word of it. The fact of the matter is that all three players are contracted to the club and whilst I am sure they wouldn't want to stop them if they can enhance their careers, what will be paramount is success for Melbourne this year. So that is why I am 100% sure they will all see the season out. 

Our owners don't have to sell because they have plenty of money. I also question if Paartalu would want to go back to Asia, especially has he has over two years on his contract.

Also do you really believe the club is going to withdraw three players from our team on the basis they have had offers from other clubs? It simply wouldn't happen.

Well there is a bit of a difference between receiving an offer and accepting it.

15 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Well there is a bit of a difference between receiving an offer and accepting it.

Of course there is Dylan. It won't be money that persuades the club to sell, because they simply don't need it. Unless a player goes directly to the club to say he wants to leave right now, there will be zero chance they leave before the summer.

Also there is no way the club are going to pull all three out of the team for an important game like Sydney, just because they received some offers. Conspiracy theory comes to mind.

3 minutes ago, silva10 said:

Of course there is Dylan. It won't be money that persuades the club to sell, because they simply don't need it. Unless a player goes directly to the club to say he wants to leave right now, there will be zero chance they leave before the summer.

Also there is no way the club are going to pull all three out of the team for an important game like Sydney, just because they received some offers. Conspiracy theory comes to mind.

Exactly. 

Mooy received that $2M offer a few weeks ago from the Saudi club, but still played. So no sense whatsoever that a player is pulled because of just an offer.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, possiblygeorge said:

also, how the fuck is this league meant to prosper when cunts overseas take our best players? 

It's because, apart from City, Sydney and possibly Victory there's no real money behind any of the clubs and so they gladly accept pretty much any offer that's made for a player. We probably sell our players for something like a fifth of what the transfer fee might be in Europe. Players have a very limited career time, and so they naturally go for the club offering the biggest wages, even if they get almost no game time. Plenty of other leagues are in the same boat.

• jw1739 pinned this topic