Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

Would people want to keep JVS if that means Van der vaart?

Could put a goat in charge if we got VDV for all I care. We'd finish bottom but it will still be the best season of supporting this club I've had. I recall similar being said when Villa signed,except we put a donkey in charge. Edited by mus-28

Could put a goat in charge if we got VDV for all I care. We'd finish bottom but it will still be the best season of supporting this club I've had.I recall similar being said when Villa signed,except we put a donkey in charge.

Yeah but CFG fucked up and didn't hire the goat.

Could put a goat in charge if we got VDV for all I care. We'd finish bottom but it will still be the best season of supporting this club I've had.

VDV is love, VDV is life

• Like 1

Zullo hasn't stopped being injured. Reason why he ain't getting a new contract at Utrecht! Or he's not good enough. 

According to transfermarkt has a ruptured cruciate ligament, no date specified for a return. Looks as though he has missed the whole season.

Do not want. We need to move forwards, not backwards.

• Like 1

Probably not a popular opinion around here but I wouldn't mind signing Dario Vidosic. Pretty classy player at A League level and wouldn't do his chance of a national recall any harm.

Why would Vidosic be unpopular? I think we are already well serviced for players in his position though. However if Mooy goes overseas...

Out and out strikers and full backs need to be the priority.

Edited by Peter

Probably not a popular opinion around here but I wouldn't mind signing Dario Vidosic. Pretty classy player at A League level and wouldn't do his chance of a national recall any harm.

He could play on the right hand side of the front three

• Like 1

Zullo hasn't stopped being injured. Reason why he ain't getting a new contract at Utrecht! Or he's not good enough. 

According to transfermarkt has a ruptured cruciate ligament, no date specified for a return. Looks as though he has missed the whole season.

Do not want. We need to move forwards, not backwards.

If he was fit he's the best left back in the league.  The problem is the IF.  

• Like 1

Davutovic reckons we are the front runners for Franjic in his blog today

Yep:

Davutovic: Franjic is back in Melb training. I suspect he will not sign anywhere for another few weeks at least, as he is in no hurry. My bet is A-League though and Melb City the favourites.

Given that the club almost signed him in January, and that Franjic is back in Melbourne training, I'd say things are looking fairly good ATM with Franjic.

I wouldn't be too quick to dismiss the idea of signing Zullo. There aren't that many decent Australian LBs, and Zullo has 10 Socceroos caps for a reason.

He has had an ACL injury for the whole of this season, but apart from that 1 injury Zullo really hasn't had too many injuries. With the A-League salary cap teams can't be too picky, and IMO Zullo, Kisnorbo, Chapman, Franjic would be a really strong A-League back four. Also, just look at Kisnorbo as an example. Kisnorbo had multiple knee, Achilles and soft tissue injuries, and he's ended up being a solid salary cap signing by the club. Zullo could possibly be the same. 

An international marquee who's a winger would be pretty perfect for this team IMO, especially if Mooy sees out his contract and remains for next season. I'd say a right winger like Ben Arfa would be a pretty perfect signing. Some other wingers out of contract at season's end who might fit the bill include: Andrey Arshavin, Jose Antonio Reyes, Bryan Ruiz, Florent Malouda, Juan Vargas and 'Danny' (Danny Miguel Alves Gomes). 

Yep:

Davutovic: Franjic is back in Melb training. I suspect he will not sign anywhere for another few weeks at least, as he is in no hurry. My bet is A-League though and Melb City the favourites.

Given that the club almost signed him in January, and that Franjic is back in Melbourne training, I'd say things are looking fairly good ATM with Franjic.

I wouldn't be too quick to dismiss the idea of signing Zullo. There aren't that many decent Australian LBs, and Zullo has 10 Socceroos caps for a reason.

He has had an ACL injury for the whole of this season, but apart from that 1 injury Zullo really hasn't had too many injuries. With the A-League salary cap teams can't be too picky, and IMO Zullo, Kisnorbo, Chapman, Franjic would be a really strong A-League back four. Also, just look at Kisnorbo as an example. Kisnorbo had multiple knee, Achilles and soft tissue injuries, and he's ended up being a solid salary cap signing by the club. Zullo could possibly be the same. 

An international marquee who's a winger would be pretty perfect for this team IMO, especially if Mooy sees out his contract and remains for next season. I'd say a right winger like Ben Arfa would be a pretty perfect signing. Some other wingers out of contract at season's end who might fit the bill include: Andrey Arshavin, Jose Antonio Reyes, Bryan Ruiz, Florent Malouda, Juan Vargas and 'Danny' (Danny Miguel Alves Gomes). 

My pick of those would be Bryan Ruiz, his sheer creativity and skill leads me to believe that he'd kill it in the A-League.

Also, the fact he decided to stay at relegated Fulham and play a season in the Championship suggests to me that he has a good frame of mind and playing 30+ games in that league means you've got an adequate level of work rate so I think he'd slot in very nicely here. 

Can play centrally or wide too.

Yep:

My pick of those would be Bryan Ruiz, his sheer creativity and skill leads me to believe that he'd kill it in the A-League.

Also, the fact he decided to stay at relegated Fulham and play a season in the Championship suggests to me that he has a good frame of mind and playing 30+ games in that league means you've got an adequate level of work rate so I think he'd slot in very nicely here. 

Can play centrally or wide too.

I agree on the point you make about staying with Fulham and playing in the Championship. IMO that shows a strength of character. In many ways I'd prefer that sort of person playing for City over someone who leaves a club if it's relegated.

have read Theo might leave brisbane, what would you guys think of him, or are we happy to have Tando as number 1?

Would take in an instant.

4 premierships, 5 championships in 10 seasons in the A-League. Melbourne boy, 3 time A-League goalkeeper of the year.

edit: 9 seasons actually. 8 if you include this year where he's played fuck all games.

Edited by loriente

Might be in the minority here but Id keep our goalkeeping stocks the same as they are for next season. Redmayne would go if he was coming off contract but Tando has been as good as any other keeper this year imo. Vuckovic probably being the best. Would not have been saying this at the beginning of the season but with Tando stepping up Redmayne is an ok number two in this league. If Vuckovic became available go for him and try to move Redmayne on. But outside of that leave it as is imo and focus on getting in some fullbacks and wingers.

• Like 1

• jw1739 pinned this topic