Melbourne Football

Omar Salgado

Tesla

Saw that earlier. It could just be a way of getting around MLS rules, but I assume the new Orlando team could have also done the same and probably would have been willing to do it cheaper (since they need the money more). There is a pretty good chance he could be going to Mexico, but I'd say there is a pretty good chance he is coming here as well. it's not like we have something more exciting to talk about.

Edited by Tesla

Don't need a striker but for what he is he seems decent enough.

lol, 'Don't need a striker' our makeshift strikers aren't worth a cold pie IMO, Williams, Duga & Brown would be lucky to start for any other A-League team. F@%K  me they would be lucky to start in the W-League if the had a sex change, l'd rather put Hoff upfront least he know were the goals are...

• Like 2

He's on loan from NYCFC, they ask for him back after 4 games. In any case can we have 2 consecutive loan players in a season? I thought that they changed the rule to only 1.

Bela, the article specifically says that he will be transferred to an international club.

Here's another article that says he will be "sold." Interesting that he came through the youth system of van 't Schip's Mexican club Chivas Guadalajara...

http://www.si.com/planet-futbol/2014/12/08/omar-salgado-vancouver-whitecaps-nycfc

Edited by jw1739

He's on loan from NYCFC, they ask for him back after 4 games. In any case can we have 2 consecutive loan players in a season? I thought that they changed the rule to only 1.

It wouldn't be a loan, he was moved to NYC as only they and (I guess) Orlando are allowed to transfer out players currently.

The Australian transfer window doesn't open until the 6th of January (nor are any other likely destinations for him opening much sooner, eg mexico is only 1 day sooner)

Edited by Tesla

I'd be surprised if we have room under our cap for another visa player

It would only be half (not even half really) a season's wages and he would probably be on minimum, wouldn't be getting much more than that currently, the MLS salary cap isn't much higher than ours and he is just a young guy without a lot of games under his belt.

Actually it makes more sense, how many other foreigners are we going to get on a low salary?

Edited by Tesla

lol, 'Don't need a striker' our makeshift strikers aren't worth a cold pie IMO, Williams, Duga & Brown would be lucky to start for any other A-League team. F@%K  me they would be lucky to start in the W-League if the had a sex change, l'd rather put Hoff upfront least he know were the goals are... Not talking about Willo, Duga or Brown by the time he got here we'd have Kennedy so by then we'd not need a striker.

lol, 'Don't need a striker' our makeshift strikers aren't worth a cold pie IMO, Williams, Duga & Brown would be lucky to start for any other A-League team. F@%K  me they would be lucky to start in the W-League if the had a sex change, l'd rather put Hoff upfront least he know were the goals are...

Not talking about Willo, Duga or Brown by the time he got here we'd have Kennedy so by then we'd not need a striker.

He's obviously been recruited to play LB.

The US$142k bit is the most important thing there in regard to him not coming here. By the sound of things his stock hasn't risen though since that contract would have been signed so maybe he has accepted a pay cut as inevitable.

According to FIFA 15 aka the mother of all factual football related information, he's rated 64 OVR with a finishing stat of 60 and is considered injury-prone. 

Sounds like our type of signing  :up: but will he play more than 4 games?  :hmm:

His rubbish on FM too (and FM reserarch is actually legit considering EPL clubs pay money to access the FM database for scouting purposes), but I wouldn't read too much into it for a young guy who hasn't played much.

FWIW he is worse than James Brown & Paulo Retre in FM lol.

Edited by Tesla

Watched a few vids, the kid is pretty good on the ball and not afraid to shoot (even from distance). 

2 goals in 5 games for C. Battery in the USL Pro Div (probably equivalent to NPL atm but perhaps of a higher quality since MLS trumps A-League for the most part at this moment in time).

21 years old, 6 ft 4 forward who represents the USA team in his age bracket. 

Omar and Kennedy up front is a jack off worthy thought. Two tall and capable strikers.

2 goals in 5 games for C. Battery in the USL Pro Div (probably equivalent to NPL atm but perhaps of a higher quality since MLS trumps A-League for the most part at this moment in time).

USL Pro is the 3rd tier in the US so hard to know how good it is, but it seems like there is a decent amount of money even at that level.

USL Pro is the 3rd tier in the US so hard to know how good it is, but it seems like there is a decent amount of money even at that level.

Too late Strider already has his dick out...

• Like 1

Interesting, for some reason I thought it was 2nd tier

It remains to be seen whether he is coming to us.

In another thread many of us are bemoaning the failure of the CFG scouting network to come up with suitable players for us.

Scouting is much like buying on the share market - you're looking for an asset that is undervalued for what ever reason or reasons.

This guy looks undervalued to me, so if he is coming to us then he could well be a shrewd signing. And by the looks of it he's not going to command big wages at all.

Let's wait and see.

• Like 2