Melbourne Football

Melbourne City FC Terrace | OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

Fingman

So people take issue with the logo and we have 8 odd pages of new ideas and a call for a vote.

People take issue with the name and nothing happens.

Pretty sure the name was done and dusted where as the logo wasn't. Personally I thought we could've come up with a better name but I'm not an active member as such so Im hardly in a position to complain.

The name, arguably the most important part, has been lost under the irrelevance of a logo and the question of a date. 

• Like 1

So people take issue with the logo and we have 8 odd pages of new ideas and a call for a vote.

Pretty sure the name was done and dusted where as the logo wasn't. Personally I thought we could've come up with a better name but I'm not an active member as such so Im hardly in a position to complain.

The name, arguably the most important part, has been lost under the irrelevance of a logo and the question of a date. We have stated that the name is melburnians. No need to keep talking about it now.

The core have said that they welcome new ideas on the badge. ( which is why people are having this conversation..) What more do you want?

Edited by Demon_Heart

The name, arguably the most important part, has been lost under the irrelevance of a logo and the question of a date. We have stated that the name is melburnians. No need to keep talking about it now.

The core have said that they welcome new ideas on the badge. ( which is why people are having this conversation..) What more do you want?

We want a name that is unique. Melburnians makes Yarraside sound fantastic. Although im not an active supporter, its just my opinion.

Edited by BazelCityFan
  • Like 1

Pretty sure the name was done and dusted where as the logo wasn't. Personally I thought we could've come up with a better name but I'm not an active member as such so Im hardly in a position to complain. The name, arguably the most important part, has been lost under the irrelevance of a logo and the question of a date. We have stated that the name is melburnians. No need to keep talking about it now.

A new name.

• Like 2

Pretty sure the name was done and dusted where as the logo wasn't. Personally I thought we could've come up with a better name but I'm not an active member as such so Im hardly in a position to complain. The name, arguably the most important part, has been lost under the irrelevance of a logo and the question of a date. We have stated that the name is melburnians. No need to keep talking about it now.

A new name. Melburnians was the most popular choice, why would we change a name just because one or two don't like it?

Yarraside was not entirely loved, it grew on people.

Expect the same to happen to you

• Like 1

A new name. Melburnians was the most popular choice, why would we change a name just because one or two don't like it?

I would love to see the back up that is "the most popular choice".

If there is no issue, release the emails voting for names. I posted here earlier, 30 something out of 200 odd posts isn't a majority in any culture.

Can we get away from HEART OF THE CITY, its the membership slogan. really original....... will make us look like we are club made and not independent of it. There has been some great creativity so far but this part is not one of them

Pretty sure the name was done and dusted where as the logo wasn't. Personally I thought we could've come up with a better name but I'm not an active member as such so Im hardly in a position to complain.The name, arguably the most important part, has been lost under the irrelevance of a logo and the question of a date.We have stated that the name is melburnians. No need to keep talking about it now.

A new name.Melburnians was the most popular choice, why would we change a name just because one or two don't like it?

Expect the same to happen to youa) more than 1-2 dont like it

b ) most popular choice by who exactly?? i thought the name was going to be put forward to a vote by the most popular options?

Edited by Victards

Expect the same to happen to you a) more than 1-2 dont like it

b ) most popular choice by who exactly?? i thought the name was going to be put forward to a vote by the most popular options?

In an ideal world we would have had the five most requested names, voted on them. Then, a vote on the two most popular names from the first poll would be held. In an ideal world. I personally wouldn't have seen an issue of not having scarves by the FFA Cup match though, I think in such an important decision such as the name a more diligent process would have been taken as it's a high involvement decision. No one would have cared if scarves weren't sold at the FFA Cup match. JUST MY OPINION.

Hypothetically speaking (% = percentage of theoretical/made up people voting for name)

28% voted Melburnians

20% voted M47

23% voted MCT

20% voted Melbourne Terrace

9% voted Heartland

Could have very easily ended up being 

58% voted MCT

42% voted Melburnians

I'm not going to say what I think about Melburnians, but I feel as though we could have done much better if we took more time. There was no rush, people just thought there was a rush. No one's going to say in 5 years time 'How embarrassing was it when they didn't have active support scarves by their FFA Cup match...'

• Like 4

I don't even know why we need a name and logo in the first season. Just rock up and start chanting. Fine have some leaders and directions, but just label the active area Melbourne City Supporters. Wait until the next off season before branding supporters. Gives everyone a long time to introduce new ideas and let things evolve. 

• Like 1

Deluka - you could say that's why WSW are so successful in engaging fans - EVERYTHING came down to a vote and it was transparent so everyone in the end contributed and couldn't complain if they didn't get what they voted for because we all know "majority rules".

Wsw or the rbb? Cause they're discussing the terrace and I can assure you the rbb would hardly be run like a democracy.

On another note I'm wondering how many of those complaining are active supporters or if they even bothered to make an appearance at the terrace meeting that was hosted.

• Like 4

The problem with putting a poll on here and letting people vote on it is that their is a large amount of victory dickheads/other supporters who will come on and fuck around with it due to the fact they have nothing better to do. I have no problems personally with those who are leading the new terrance making the decision on the name, due to the fact they are the ones who will be investing a large amount of money and time into the terrance.

Its not like decision on the name and logo were made in haste, the meeting was on the 23rd of June so it was roughly 2 weeks ago. Some people are acting on here like the name and badge were made in a couple hours over some beers when it clearly wasn't. You can't please everyone and from what i have seen on here so far all the new leaders of the Melburnians seem friendly and happy enough to listen to people ideas on improving the terrance so don't think that this is the finished product, their is room to build and improve on the new terrance.

If you wish to fast track any changes to the terrance however, get off the computer and get down to the imp and meet your new terrance leaders. They seem more than happy to listen to ideas 

Is there a reason you keep saying terrance (instead of terrace)? 

• Like 1

The problem with putting a poll on here and letting people vote on it is that their is a large amount of victory dickheads/other supporters who will come on and fuck around with it due to the fact they have nothing better to do. I have no problems personally with those who are leading the new terrance making the decision on the name, due to the fact they are the ones who will be investing a large amount of money and time into the terrance.

Its not like decision on the name and logo were made in haste, the meeting was on the 23rd of June so it was roughly 2 weeks ago. Some people are acting on here like the name and badge were made in a couple hours over some beers when it clearly wasn't. You can't please everyone and from what i have seen on here so far all the new leaders of the Melburnians seem friendly and happy enough to listen to people ideas on improving the terrance so don't think that this is the finished product, their is room to build and improve on the new terrance.

If you wish to fast track any changes to the terrance however, get off the computer and get down to the imp and meet your new terrance leaders. They seem more than happy to listen to ideas 

Is there a reason you keep saying terrance (instead of terrace)? 

Just to piss you off :D

• Like 1

If you wish to fast track any changes to the terrance however, get off the computer and get down to the imp and meet your new terrance leaders. They seem more than happy to listen to ideas :)

Well Said :)

Melburnians is a great name and will evolve and be loved over time by others. We need to change the logo though and most of the ones that people have posted are smick!!!!!!

• Like 1

Pretty sure the name was done and dusted where as the logo wasn't. Personally I thought we could've come up with a better name but I'm not an active member as such so Im hardly in a position to complain.The name, arguably the most important part, has been lost under the irrelevance of a logo and the question of a date.We have stated that the name is melburnians. No need to keep talking about it now.

A new name.Melburnians was the most popular choice, why would we change a name just because one or two don't like it?

I would love to see the back up that is "the most popular choice".

If there is no issue, release the emails voting for names. I posted here earlier, 30 something out of 200 odd posts isn't a majority in any culture.You realise those running this new group are fellow Supporters with jobs, families and lives?

They are not the Australian Electoral Commission.

Because it's so time consuming to make a poll on these forums...

Why do people mention the vote being fucked up by victory supporters all the time?

It's not hard to get around. Simply make a vote eligible only to those who have been members for over a week then make the voting period close within a week. Ta-daaa

Yep, this would definitely work.

"Member since 2012" ;)

Why do people mention the vote being fucked up by victory supporters all the time?

It's not hard to get around. Simply make a vote eligible only to those who have been members for over a week then make the voting period close within a week. Ta-daaa

Yep, this would definitely work.

"Member since 2012" ;)

You're a flog, Scouse. Accept the fact that everyone in the Australian Football Community thinks you are and please give up on the wanna be troll act as everyone can see past it now and is at the point where they are now feeling sorry for you. 

• Like 1

I didnt sign up to active because I liked the yarraside name

Judging by your username I believe you when you say names don't matter to you much.

I'm bit hungover, is this sarcasm or genuine?

I was just having a dig at you. Not serious. 

On a serious note though... I do believe that names are important and the first thing the previous administration got wrong was choosing the name Heart. I believe Melburnians is flawed but it's not as bad as Heart and its problem is not so much that it's bad but that it's not particularly good. 

• Like 1

I didnt sign up to active because I liked the yarraside name

Judging by your username I believe you when you say names don't matter to you much.

I'm bit hungover, is this sarcasm or genuine?

I was just having a dig at you. Not serious. 

On a serious note though... I do believe that names are important and the first thing the previous administration got wrong was choosing the name Heart. I believe Melburnians is flawed but it's not as bad as Heart and its problem is not so much that it's bad but that it's not particularly good. 

I think 'Melburnians' in itself is actually quite a strong sounding name, but the fact that it has been used to name a secondary group of people is the reason people find it plain and a bit lazy.

Can I make suggestion in regards to changing the melburnians bade/ logo/ coat of arms whatever you may call it I think we should perhaps pick three on here that has been suggested in the last few days and at the next meeting then have a vote on the final one this way it gives the supporters a chance for their say, stops trolling, and no one can complain they didn't get a chance to vote, it also promotes those fence sitters to get involved in a physical presence rather then just over the net, again just my suggestion

Hey guys, I fixed everything. Feel free to buy me a beer in the away bay in round one to repay me.

ZZ3v3zl.jpg

i am very sorry i dont want to offend you but that looks horrible, i admire your passion for trying to create a new logo but your photoshop skills quite frankly need to imporve a lot before any of your idea's will be seriously considered

• Like 1

Hey guys, I fixed everything. Feel free to buy me a beer in the away bay in round one to repay me.

ZZ3v3zl.jpg

i am very sorry i dont want to offend you but that looks horrible, i admire your passion for trying to create a new logo but your photoshop skills quite frankly need to imporve a lot before any of your idea's will be seriously considered Wow :droy:
  • Like 3