Melbourne Football

2014/15 Nike Kits (Home, Away, Third)

Dylan

How many of you were actually at the family day today?

I saw hundreds of people there. A shitload wearing white and blue, plenty in red and white and whole lot in white, blue and red.

We're all together now - and that's how we move forward as a club.

Yes, people have every right to feel peeved at what was lost.... and people also have every right to voice an opinion when they believe we have now gained something!

This argument around Man City's intentions? Well our numbers are higher than ever and the season hasn't even started. So the fact is people will come to watch us more now...

Time to move forward now. Just get behind the club.

• Like 1

Oh rass.. I think people are just a bit fired up as the start of the season approaches, no big deal really

CFG are not going to expect people to be grateful, they expect people to like how the club perform on the pitch and appreciate improvements off-pitch as well.
Cold-hearted? Yeah, in a way but also ambitious and willing to spend.

Why are so many people on here against the new colours and kit? This takeover has been the best thing to ever happen to our club, and we should be so grateful for it but instead people are whinging because of colours? If we didn't get taken over, we would never get players like villa, koren, duff or paartalu. We would be coming last every year and getting 4000 at our home games if lucky. And if you are so against the new colours, just buy the away kit and don't complain! No one is making you by the home kit or not allowing you to keep wearing your heart merch. C'mon guys, be thankful.

oh jeez, lets not start this conversation again.

out of interest when did you first start supporting the club?

It seems this argument is set to rise again haha here goes another 6 months of going around in circles

This argument will indeed rise to the surface every now and then until Melbourne City and CFG deliver some silverware to long-suffering Heart fans. Only then will the wound become a treasured battle-scar.

Why are so many people on here against the new colours and kit? This takeover has been the best thing to ever happen to our club, and we should be so grateful for it but instead people are whinging because of colours? If we didn't get taken over, we would never get players like villa, koren, duff or paartalu. We would be coming last every year and getting 4000 at our home games if lucky. And if you are so against the new colours, just buy the away kit and don't complain! No one is making you by the home kit or not allowing you to keep wearing your heart merch. C'mon guys, be thankful.

It seems this argument is set to rise again haha here goes another 6 months of going around in circles

This argument will indeed rise to the surface every now and then until Melbourne City and CFG deliver some silverware to long-suffering Heart fans. Only then will the wound become a treasured battle-scar.

Let us all hope it is sooner rather than later

It really would be rich if those who made a big song and dance about how they would never support the club if it changed its colours to then rock up and heap shit on PPL wearing Sky Blue.

You can't eat your cake... etc.

Edited by cadete

Best thing that has happened to this club was its founding. Second best was the quality of the fans it has gathered. Wouldn't suprise me if I've forgotten other things that would rank ahead of this takeover. I will appreciate any improvement in on-field quality that the takeover might offer. But the change in colours does not improve the quality of play. It's not been done to attract more fans to Melbourne matches. It's part of Man City's plans to increase revenue via a greater global brand awareness. People have every right to feel peeved. We've gone from a club that, according to the media, had no identity, to one who's identity is merely to serve as a tool for a club on the other side of the world. I certainly hope better things lie ahead.

Third best thing was winning the very first Derby and the fourth best thing was Peter Zois. :up:

Worst thing that has happened to this club has been Aloisi coaching, second worst was the Tards signing Kewell first, the third worst was re-signing Hoffman and the fourth worst was re-signing Hoffman. 

Edited by Red or Dead
  • Like 1

I will say one thing.

I was totally against the changes that came to our club name colors and emblem. Was beyond angry at the fact the club I supported and loved since day one was being turned into something unrecognizable. I was one that aid I didn't think I could continue supporting the club as I just didn't feel like I would have that same passion and love for the club.

I decided to still get my membership and so did my wife and son thinking we'd give it a go and only until I drove up to Ballarat did I feel that I had nothing to worry about and that I haven't lost any love for the club.

I was against buying a home kit and was just gonna buy the home kit and wanted nothing to do with the sky blue. Now time has past and even though I will always be red and white, ive decided to embrace the change and have ordered my home kit with Williams printed on the back. If I want to wear red and white, ill wear the red and white of the Heart.

I will always be red and white but as a club we need to be united.

• Like 3

What are the sizes like on the Nike kits? Smaller than normal or larger than normal? Not sure whether to go S or M

I tried it on Sunday and I fit perfectly a medium. I was a large in the kappa kits but I liked mine a little fitted.in saying that though, the medium nike kit was a tinny less fitted.

My suggestion is t top go a size down from the Kappa kits.

If you have an isc or a reebok kit, go with the same size as that.

What are the sizes like on the Nike kits? Smaller than normal or larger than normal? Not sure whether to go S or M

I tried it on Sunday and I fit perfectly a medium. I was a large in the kappa kits but I liked mine a little fitted.in saying that though, the medium nike kit was a tinny less fitted.

My suggestion is t top go a size down from the Kappa kits.

If you have an isc or a reebok kit, go with the same size as that.

I've got fatter so i have ordered the same size....    I still like the red & white better, but what are you gonna do, life moves on

I still have a ratio of  3 red&white to 1 new white.

Will take the season 1 reebok kit to the first Sydney game. It is away after all 

PS there is a size guide http://www.nikestore.com.au/2014-15-melbourne-city-fc-stadium-home-726423-100

Edited by schrecky

What a crock - They are not making kids tops this year 

Product Information
  • Please note that Nike will not be producing an official junior Melbourne City FC jersey for Season 2014/15.
  • Melbourne City FC has made available a replica junior jersey & range of supporter apparel to accommodate our members and fans.

https://premier.sportsubs.com.au/aleague/melbournecity/product/5543

What a crock - They are not making kids tops this year 

Product Information
  • Please note that Nike will not be producing an official junior Melbourne City FC jersey for Season 2014/15.
  • Melbourne City FC has made available a replica junior jersey & range of supporter apparel to accommodate our members and fans.

https://premier.sportsubs.com.au/aleague/melbournecity/product/5543

Yeah i mentioned that on here about a week or so ago.

Its a fuckin joke. Apparently Melbourne City supporters dont reproduce so why whould they release junior or infant kits.

Fuckin joke.

Im going to call Nike today. The club said the same thing to me with infant kits for last season.

Searched heaven and earth for one and ended up getting one in the end

• Like 1

Bought the home kit last night. Absolute class.

Bought mine Monday.

As I'm heading up for the game a few days early with the misses to relax down in Newcastle, I thought i'd give Nike a call yesterday and asked them if they could maybe speed up the process in getting the kit printed and sent out  (with Williams 15 on the back of coarse :up: ).

Will be done and sent out by the end of the day :tooth:

• Like 2

I will say one thing.

I was totally against the changes that came to our club name colors and emblem. Was beyond angry at the fact the club I supported and loved since day one was being turned into something unrecognizable. I was one that aid I didn't think I could continue supporting the club as I just didn't feel like I would have that same passion and love for the club.

I decided to still get my membership and so did my wife and son thinking we'd give it a go and only until I drove up to Ballarat did I feel that I had nothing to worry about and that I haven't lost any love for the club.

I was against buying a home kit and was just gonna buy the home kit and wanted nothing to do with the sky blue. Now time has past and even though I will always be red and white, ive decided to embrace the change and have ordered my home kit with Williams printed on the back. If I want to wear red and white, ill wear the red and white of the Heart.

Rene, I could not agree more. I was at the point of saying fuck it i cant do it but after the ballarat trip even though we lost, man it was the same faces running around the same coach etc. i spose our club needed it. However even if city baught us the 1 thing i would have wanted was our name to stay, dont get me wrong im use to the city name now but i already miss the heart. anyway last night I went to the game in epping (as i live 2 seconds down the road) and I bought the home kit. I told myself i wasn't going to buy it and just buy the away one. well, i def gunna buy the away one but last night when i put the home kit on, i felt a huge sense of unity and a touch of class. i know it sound as gay as elton john, but its class. Now, im kinda glad this has happend.

as for the tops as a whole. Nike have done a great job, they are not as fitted as kappa but the material and style is great. now im just dying for the away kit to come out. I spoke to the chick last night. (shes a cracker) she said there going to be available after round 1 so buy the first home game they will be ready.  

• Like 1

Bought mine Monday.

As I'm heading up for the game a few days early with the misses to relax down in Newcastle, I thought i'd give Nike a call yesterday and asked them if they could maybe speed up the process in getting the kit printed and sent out  (with Williams 15 on the back of coarse :up: ).

Mines got  "Schreck 1"  on the back. 

The wife didn't think 69 was appropriate.

Bought mine Monday.

As I'm heading up for the game a few days early with the misses to relax down in Newcastle, I thought i'd give Nike a call yesterday and asked them if they could maybe speed up the process in getting the kit printed and sent out (with Williams 15 on the back of coarse :up: ).

Mines got "Schreck 1" on the back.

The wife didn't think 69 was appropriate.

Only con 69 is appropriate

• Like 1

I will say one thing.

Rene, I could not agree more. I was at the point of saying fuck it i cant do it but after the ballarat trip even though we lost, man it was the same faces running around the same coach etc. i spose our club needed it. However even if city baught us the 1 thing i would have wanted was our name to stay, dont get me wrong im use to the city name now but i already miss the heart. anyway last night I went to the game in epping (as i live 2 seconds down the road) and I bought the home kit. I told myself i wasn't going to buy it and just buy the away one. well, i def gunna buy the away one but last night when i put the home kit on, i felt a huge sense of unity and a touch of class. i know it sound as gay as elton john, but its class. Now, im kinda glad this has happend.

as for the tops as a whole. Nike have done a great job, they are not as fitted as kappa but the material and style is great. now im just dying for the away kit to come out. I spoke to the chick last night. (shes a cracker) she said there going to be available after round 1 so buy the first home game they will be ready.  

The new home top is definitely of high class. The material is light so when we play in 30 degree heats it will be comfortable to wear to the matchs. Etihad on the front looks amazing. It is strange feeling though when i put the top on and the realisation that it is predominately white with some sky blue and no longer red and white. Even when my daughters membership package come in the yesterday it had an odd feeling looking at all this sky blue.