Melbourne Football

2014-15 MEMBERSHIPS

CaNNaVo93

It's staggering really that our membership is still rising like this. It just puts more pressure on JVS to stop fcuking about and get the team ticking along to make sure we reach the finals at the very bare minimum. If we're languishing by Christmas expect heads to roll.

Why have we still fooking got Redders and Veflapi in goals and no experienced support for Robbie and Paddy in the back? I'd like to see us get a Jedinak type who can provide steel at the back, break up play and release Koren et al for a quick attack on goal. Me thinks we're gonna leak goals FFS.

Edited by HEARTinator

It's staggering really that our membership is still rising like this. It just puts more pressure on JVS to stop fcuking about and get the team ticking along to make sure we reach the finals at the very bare minimum. If we're languishing by Christmas expect heads to roll.

Why have we still fooking got Redders and Veflapi in goals and no experienced support for Robbie and Paddy in the back? I'd like to see us get a Jedinak type who can provide steel at the back, break up play and release Koren et al for a quick attack on goal. Me thinks we're gonna leak goals FFS.

Have we ever really been a team that "leaks" goals though? I'd say we're more a team that lets in ridiculously shit goals that any amateur side would be embarrassed about!

• Like 1

Have we ever really been a team that "leaks" goals though? I'd say we're more a team that lets in ridiculously shit goals that any amateur side would be embarrassed about!

Hahahaha, well fcuk I did watch from the stands at AAMI and hang my head in disgust more times than I can remember :angry:

Have to say I'm quite surprised at the progress since last Tuesday. Really thought we would plateau because of the results. I really thought 10k wasn't a big possibility but with a month and a half, our aussie marquee yet to be announced, villa arriving( which will be huge) and all the five game memberships it's looking very possible to have by seasons end 10k members.

After talking to a few PPL here and there who are not massive A League fans I strongly believe that the Membership numbers are doing better than they did in the last couple of years at Heart because alongside all of us old Heart fans resigning there are also New Converts signing up as Members for what they believe is a New Club with its New High Profile Signings.

I know such a notion is not a nice for most Heart fans to accept (Even though I view City as a different club myself) but the reality is that it was Heart's poor off field marketing and even poorer non newsworthy on field displays that has allowed some outsiders to see a completely new club rather than a rebadged Melbourne Heart.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 6

I still maintain that our membership drive is based on optimism, hope and belief that we will be successful this season.. massive pressure on the boys and JVS to start the season on a positive.

I have always said the first 5 games of the season are important for momentum and to ease of external pressure from fans, members, media and the board.. given our first 5 games this season are against Sydney FC, Newcastle, Victory, Adelaide and Brisbane.. if we don't get good results the pressure on everyone at the club will be massive...

I think we should be aiming for 15pts out of our first 5 games. 9pts would be satisfactory to keep the wolves at bay...

Getting members is looking great, keeping them is another story altogether... the CFG said Fast, Entertaining and Winning football will bring people to the club...!!!!!

• Like 1

I spoke to some of the staff and asked how the new club is going and they told me its exactly the same as last year except better resourced now.

Same staff/procedures etc etc.

I don't care how people view it and I'm even coming around to like the blue. Its still the same club i loved last year. I still have the same us vs victory debates at work.

Bring it on.

I'd still rather be the best club with less support, member numbers don't matter apart from making more noise at games. We probably have more non member support though now.

After talking to a few PPL here and there who are not massive A League fans I strongly believe that the Membership numbers are doing better than they did in the last couple of years at Heart because alongside all of us old Heart fans resigning there are also New Converts signing up as Members for what they believe is a New Club with its New High Profile Signings.

I know such a notion is not a nice for most Heart fans to accept (Even though I view City as a different club myself) but the reality is that it was Heart's poor off field marketing and even poorer non newsworthy on field displays that has allowed some outsiders to see a completely new club rather than a rebadged Melbourne Heart.

It just means we have sold memberships to all the people that were going to become members anyway.

There is still 6 weeks to go, no new potential members would have taken any notice of an alice springs friendly 

I'm sure we will get another 1000 or 2 once season gets closer 

Once the club officially announce the arrival details of David Villa, membership will spike again..

I believe his due to arrive in Melbourne 2nd September...

8.5K members by the start of the season.. I agree.. If we beat Sydney FC away and Newcastle at Home in our first 2 weeks it will spike even more... If David Villa scores against Sydney FC will hit 10k members...

• Like 1