Melbourne Football

2014-15 MEMBERSHIPS

CaNNaVo93

Be very interested to see how many Man City supporters jump on board. For a $225 general admin membership that`s equivalent to 4 of their home games. 

A international membership is $70 which is equivalent to one home game to watch City. Hopefully they offer Man City members an incentive to sign up with us. 

My mate who is passionate City fan, and also 5 year victory fan has just jumped across ..  

Apparently the love for city > Victory  

Be very interested to see how many Man City supporters jump on board. For a $225 general admin membership that`s equivalent to 4 of their home games. 

A international membership is $70 which is equivalent to one home game to watch City. Hopefully they offer Man City members an incentive to sign up with us. 

My mate who is passionate City fan, and also 5 year victory fan has just jumped across ..  

Tell him as an initiation process he has to wear a Victory jersey in the active area of Heart at the first home game... with "Mong" painted on his face. 

Just spoke to them to confirm the arrangements concerning direct debit. So Mrs. JW and I are in again.

The bloke I spoke to said the 'phones are running hot. I had to wait 10 minutes to get through.

The guy on the phone stepped out for a coffee.

Flappy bird session

Personal best achieved..... No time to answer calls

• Like 1

Tell him as an initiation process he has to wear a Victory jersey in the active area of Heart at the first home game... with "Mong" painted on his face. 

Last time i saw someone wearing the "Heart Breaker" tshirt in the active area it didnt work out well for them. 

Pretty sure we might like to be more welcoming than that 

I'll stick this in the OP and update it when the times come around

Only numbers from August 16th an onward was recorded. Cant be assed looking through the old members thread for earlier numbers :P

Chart_zps6e0b9d98.png

i recon well be at around the 7k mark come Aug 16

Nah.

• Like 1

Only numbers from August 16th an onward was recorded. Cant be assed looking through the old members thread for earlier numbers :P

Chart_zps6e0b9d98.png

Very bold guess. At this rate + the possible Ins and Outs outside the forum (Melb Fan page) I'm guessing 4.5k-5k by then

Chart_zps6e0b9d98.png

Very bold guess. At this rate + the possible Ins and Outs outside the forum (Melb Fan page) I'm guessing 4.5k-5k by then

Were just over two months away from that date. Hopefully the club will drip feed signings with the start so far away to keep up the excitement.

Once membership starts to slow down come out with another major signing and get it all going again. 

I expect that after the WC we will see the next boost in numbers, after a few bigger announcements will be made. If Australia do well in the WC, it may be even healthier on its own really, as that will build demand for the sport.

The peaks are usually only after big announcements, and the first day of last years membership drive was also not a bad result

To say we will be on 7K by mid Aug is just not likely to happen, but we can hope I guess :).

Edited by Heart_fan

I wonder how many extra k Villa will bring in?

Whilst he's not a household name like Beckham, (but just happens to be a better player), serious football fans know he easily eclipses any previous A League players (whilst comparable players have come here, (ADP, Fowler, Romario, Yorke) they have all been well passed their best by varying degrees.

• Like 1

It´s been 885 for several hours.. got a feeling that updates are rather infrequent.

Always has been infrequent pal, it's a bit like the stock market tbh (opens at a certain time, closes at a certain time. Updates at certain times) and iirc at one stage last season the amount of members went down and came back up again...

Edited by CALZALOL
  • Like 1

According to the Herald Sun those 885 members do not include direct debit from last year.

That would be correct. If they do not wish to roll over to next season they have to notify the club by 19th June, otherwise they will automatically continue next year. So expect numbers to jump on or shortly after 19th June.

Also I wouldn't put too much emphasis on daily figures based on date because of the difference in the calendar - especially the Queen's Birthday holiday.

I thought i would be able to sleep on it and decide in the morning ..... 

Still undecided - Melbourne Heart is my Football Club, these changes are very difficult for me to accept.

The +++'s since take over (for me)

* We now have a proper Football name

* Quality players will come in 

* No more Shite Football .... ?

* Success is on the cards 

The - - -'s since take over (for me)

* We lose the name of Heart ( which has grown on me)

* We lose our Identity as The Colours of Melbourne

* Having a "Sugar Daddy' to provide the best in a Football Fans view is "Buying Success' - Look at Citeh & Chelsea.

This brings Envy and Hatred rather than Respect for Building from the ground up - Look at Brisbane Roar 

The second strip is just a sweetener for fans - The Timing of Villa Signing is a business move to win over the Fans.

At the end of the day it is the Passion that has gone as i expect it has for a lot of Fans, the days of planning short holidays and interstate work commitments around Heart fixtures is behind me now 

But i would Miss Football  !! ... 40 odd years of Playing and supporting on two continents in Three country's, to just chuck it in because of City takeover is very hard for me.

I dedicated my social time to the Club , Never Missed a fixture in Victoria and travelled to several away games in NZ and Interstate. Met some great people along the way, Some oldies in the Ace of Heart categories and some genuinely friendly Football fans in the Yarraside - The last four years have been awesome even if the Football has been crap. 

June 6th in Europe is remembered as D-Day - June 5th In Australia will have a similar remembrance for Me.

Do i renew my Membership for the new season ........... ?

Its time to pull me head in and move on > I just dont know which road to take 

• Like 2

Still undecided - Melbourne Heart is my Football Club, these changes are very difficult for me to accept.

* Having a "Sugar Daddy' to provide the best in a Football Fans view is "Buying Success' - Look at Citeh & Chelsea.

This brings Envy and Hatred rather than Respect for Building from the ground up - Look at Brisbane Roar 

The second strip is just a sweetener for fans - The Timing of Villa Signing is a business move to win over the Fans.

At the end of the day it is the Passion that has gone as i expect it has for a lot of Fans, the days of planning short holidays and interstate work commitments around Heart fixtures is behind me now 

But i would Miss Football  !! ... 40 odd years of Playing and supporting on two continents in Three country's, to just chuck it in because of City takeover is very hard for me.

I dedicated my social time to the Club , Never Missed a fixture in Victoria and travelled to several away games in NZ and Interstate. Met some great people along the way, Some oldies in the Ace of Heart categories and some genuinely friendly Football fans in the Yarraside - The last four years have been awesome even if the Football has been crap. 

June 6th in Europe is remembered as D-Day - June 5th In Australia will have a similar remembrance for Me.

Brisbane also owned by mega rich owners. Sure they became successful before that but don't fool yourself into thinking that loyalty kept players there dollars did. Look what happened to Rado 'the brains'. 5 games then moved on. We couldn't afford to do that. Money plays it's part in all success in sports these days.

DieHardRed, you are being fucking disrespectful comparing this to D-Day. Please stop being a git.

In regards to the rest of your post, your pretend inner monologue won't garner you the attention you're seeking, I'd suggest. You'll be a member.

Morphine - No disrespect intended & apologises if you took it that way. 

Back in my home town - Where the D-Day landings started on the south coast a saying has been around for many a year. 

for example,. Marriage split up "this is D-Day" etc etc 

MHFC is no longer... I will remember the date . 

Remembering that this is a forum for discussion points of view and opinions 

If direct debit was in function last year and was counted it would explain why memberships went up and then down a bit as people opted out.. As for this season the membership team will be back at work after the weekend :blink:

This really gets me with United fans. Not being able to out spend some other teams now. They just have a sugar daddy etc. Give me a break United started the rot. Had some good players come through in the 90's then spend big dollars from then on. If the prices of players were the same back then as they are now United would have spent way more than most have now. The grounds not called the library for nothing. Now United have LVG coming and supposedly a massive amount of money to spend. Pot calling the kettle black if you ask me. The fans can still the team Heart it's now our nickname. I haven't lost my passion for the club. Got a bit down through the JA years and money was an issue to get to games (cost of fuel) but still watched games on the computer. Just a new chapter in the clubs history.