Melbourne Football

Matchday 23: vs Wellington @ AAMI - Sunday 16th March - 4pm EDT

LR9

Orlando not the same for the last two weeks. Have a feeling the new owners told him no contract for next season.

Over at the Patrick Gerhardt thread MPT claims that PG has been offered a substantially lower contract and will return to Switzerland at season's end. If so perhaps a few players have already been informed of their fate and this has had repercussions to the playing group as it has been noted that the whole team has been flat.

I believe that this happened before the end of season 2, when it was said that various players (Alex Terra being one of them) had already been advised that they were not being offered new contracts.

Perhaps it's more the practice when teams are going to finish well down on the ladder?

Over at the Patrick Gerhardt thread MPT claims that PG has been offered a substantially lower contract and will return to Switzerland at season's end. If so perhaps a few players have already been informed of their fate and this has had repercussions to the playing group as it has been noted that the whole team has been flat.

I got the feeling during the game a lot of players where told this during the last two weeks. If that is the case season is over.

Some notes from today:

-For all the good Mate and Williams do, they can't finish for shit. Both of these blokes (especially Williams) need some shooting practice.

Funny this can be said about equal top scorer in the A-League...

Give us a break, most of his goals have been tap ins, and somehow he still manages to fuck them up from time to time. You are delusional if you think we are going anywhere with Williams as our striker next year

The front three of Williams Dugandzic and Ramsay plus Mifsud should all be gone next season.   Dugandzic *might* get another season IF JVS is there.

They collectively would have missed close to 20-25 clearly open chances that any pro worth his fee would have buried.   In the context of a short season, thats a top 2 place gone begging. They all should issue an apology to the fans for pissing in our faces this season.  And as shit as Aloisi was, he wasn't as shit as these guys made him look.

As far as Williams goes, I'd rather he score one goal per game in 10 games and we earn 30 points rather than 3 in one game,  two in another and win earn 6 points.

I think all points made regarding our performance where pretty much true

a couple of points I'd like to bring up

at the start of the second half, the way the Phoenix played, was as if they had 11 players and we had 10

the chances that we missed, specifically Mate's in the first half and Willo's in the second, just showed the gulf between A league "strugglers" and the European Leagues

we had more than enough chances to win this, ( without going into Refereeing decisions) we just failed to take them

• Like 1

I got the feeling during the game a lot of players where told this during the last two weeks. If that is the case season is over.

If that has happened, I see it as a statement of ambition, because the owners have already seen through the shit that even some of our fans can't see.

Orlando has been great for about 3 games, simply because he's got good technique and a faster thinker in a league where those things are the exception and not the rule.  But he fades in and out, is glacially slow, and easily man-marked out of mathes.  We won't win any trophies with him as the play maker.

Gerhadt simply not good enough, Weillardt should be making better decisions but isn't, Williams, Ramsay, Dugandzic, and Mifsud have cost us half as many goals we've scored and if they're not better by now aren't going to be much better next season.

I could go on, but it will basically be a new club next season in every sense of the word-and I am now convinced that that is a good thing.

Some notes from today:

-For all the good Mate and Williams do, they can't finish for shit. Both of these blokes (especially Williams) need some shooting practice.

Funny this can be said about equal top scorer in the A-League...

Give us a break, most of his goals have been tap ins, and somehow he still manages to fuck them up from time to time. You are delusional if you think we are going anywhere with Williams as our striker next year

I was being serious in that it's funny that such a flawed striker can be equal top scorer. 

Can someone explain the concept of cheezel's the other night?

2 blokes behind me had a box of them and started chanting about them or adding it to current chants (Don't you want some cheezles? Cheezleeeeeeees, Cheezleeeeeeees) then someone held the box up and eventually everyone caught on 

I think all points made regarding our performance where pretty much true

a couple of points I'd like to bring up

at the start of the second half, the way the Phoenix played, was as if they had 11 players and we had 10

the chances that we missed, specifically Mate's in the first half and Willo's in the second, just showed the gulf between A league "strugglers" and the European Leagues

we had more than enough chances to win this, ( without going into Refereeing decisions) we just failed to take them

I think you hit the nail on the head. If they were as good as the European league strikers, then they would be playing in the European leagues that you speak of, and quite likely earning a lot more than the A-League would be able to pay them.

• Like 1

Berisha...? Go back and see his last 5 goals every1 works class. No exucess our finishing is lower than Aleague standard!

I did want to mention that he would have scored those in his sleep, but he is such a nutcase that I couldn't bring myself to mention it

great striker though

I was at the game yesterday as per usual. Pretty dissapointed in the result like everyone else as we probably wont make finals now. Also....im an active member as most of you are and sometimes i hate sitting there because theres so many flogs in the yarraside its not even funny and tryhard wannabee 15 year olds acting like they own the club and swearing infront of young kids with familys around them. And also morons who took beers outside the imperial for the march to the derby and took them on the train are absolute idiots. This is the pub that we drink at and shouldnt be stealing glasses at our own clubs pub and it just reflects on how bad the yarraside is run. Id like to mention that im not pointing fingers at anyone here but im sure we all know ans saw who the idiots were. Anyway, up the heart and hope for a good upcoming season. COYBIR. Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I was at the game yesterday as per usual. Pretty dissapointed in the result like everyone else as we probably wont make finals now. Also....im an active member as most of you are and sometimes i hate sitting there because theres so many flogs in the yarraside its not even funny and tryhard wannabee 15 year olds acting like they own the club and swearing infront of young kids with familys around them. And also morons who took beers outside the imperial for the march to the derby and took them on the train are absolute idiots. This is the pub that we drink at and shouldnt be stealing glasses at our own clubs pub and it just reflects on how bad the yarraside is run. Id like to mention that im not pointing fingers at anyone here but im sure we all know ans saw who the idiots were. Anyway, up the heart and hope for a good upcoming season. COYBIR. Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Guess what I hate?

• Like 1

I was at the game yesterday as per usual. Pretty dissapointed in the result like everyone else as we probably wont make finals now. Also....im an active member as most of you are and sometimes i hate sitting there because theres so many flogs in the yarraside its not even funny and tryhard wannabee 15 year olds acting like they own the club and swearing infront of young kids with familys around them. And also morons who took beers outside the imperial for the march to the derby and took them on the train are absolute idiots. This is the pub that we drink at and shouldnt be stealing glasses at our own clubs pub and it just reflects on how bad the yarraside is run. Id like to mention that im not pointing fingers at anyone here but im sure we all know ans saw who the idiots were. Anyway, up the heart and hope for a good upcoming season. COYBIR.Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Totally agree krejic. Love the passion and atmosphere of Yarraside and go to the game as much for them as anything. But I wish and hope that they can control the element that behaves stupidly and paints all of us as ratbags. We don't need this. I want to see Melbourne Heart as being all that is good about the game. Our colours are not blue. COYBIR.

I was at the game yesterday as per usual. Pretty dissapointed in the result like everyone else as we probably wont make finals now. Also....im an active member as most of you are and sometimes i hate sitting there because theres so many flogs in the yarraside its not even funny and tryhard wannabee 15 year olds acting like they own the club and swearing infront of young kids with familys around them. And also morons who took beers outside the imperial for the march to the derby and took them on the train are absolute idiots. This is the pub that we drink at and shouldnt be stealing glasses at our own clubs pub and it just reflects on how bad the yarraside is run. Id like to mention that im not pointing fingers at anyone here but im sure we all know ans saw who the idiots were. Anyway, up the heart and hope for a good upcoming season. COYBIR.Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk Totally agree krejic. Love the passion and atmosphere of Yarraside and go to the game as much for them as anything. But I wish and hope that they can control the element that behaves stupidly and paints all of us as ratbags. We don't need this. I want to see Melbourne Heart as being all that is good about the game. Our colours are not blue. COYBIR. Thanks buddy. Yeah exactly. I mran im not one to be all good boy or anything especially when i was a teenager but at least i had respect in public. Il be first to admit that i followed victory when the keague stsrted but didnt go to game or follow or anything passionatly but i did attend a few games 8-9 years ago and ictory fans are comolete morons in the way they act thinking they are european hooligans ehen clearly the a league fans arnt. Im borin in europe and theres a long history to why they act this way and in some cases rightfully so but our league is 10 seasons on and no need to act like dic&heads. Support the club and go from there on..as you said COYBIR.. Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I was at the game yesterday as per usual. Pretty dissapointed in the result like everyone else as we probably wont make finals now. Also....im an active member as most of you are and sometimes i hate sitting there because theres so many flogs in the yarraside its not even funny and tryhard wannabee 15 year olds acting like they own the club and swearing infront of young kids with familys around them. And also morons who took beers outside the imperial for the march to the derby and took them on the train are absolute idiots. This is the pub that we drink at and shouldnt be stealing glasses at our own clubs pub and it just reflects on how bad the yarraside is run. Id like to mention that im not pointing fingers at anyone here but im sure we all know ans saw who the idiots were. Anyway, up the heart and hope for a good upcoming season. COYBIR.Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk Totally agree krejic. Love the passion and atmosphere of Yarraside and go to the game as much for them as anything. But I wish and hope that they can control the element that behaves stupidly and paints all of us as ratbags. We don't need this. I want to see Melbourne Heart as being all that is good about the game. Our colours are not blue. COYBIR. Thanks buddy. Yeah exactly. I mran im not one to be all good boy or anything especially when i was a teenager but at least i had respect in public. Il be first to admit that i followed victory when the keague stsrted but didnt go to game or follow or anything passionatly but i did attend a few games 8-9 years ago and ictory fans are comolete morons in the way they act thinking they are european hooligans ehen clearly the a league fans arnt. Im borin in europe and theres a long history to why they act this way and in some cases rightfully so but our league is 10 seasons on and no need to act like dic&heads. Support the club and go from there on..as you said COYBIR.. Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punctuation

• Like 1

Cool beans :up:

Am I the only one who's getting sick of reading stuff about people not liking swearing etc.in Yarraisde?

One of things I love about the Yarraside is that I can say what i feel without having people call security on me like at the AFL. Obviously there are lines which you don't cross but if I think Glen Moss is a fuckwit then I'm going to call him a fuckwit, and if there's someone in earshot who doesn't like it then there's plenty of room in AAMI for them to stand/sit in.

My biggest problem with AFL (don't get me wrong, I'm a rabid AFL fan) is that I can't even say something like 'that's bullshit' at a game without an entire row of people giving me dirty looks, that game is ridiculously sanitized now and I don't want to see Football go that way too.

Gosh, you are a scallywag KM!

• Like 1

I was at the game yesterday as per usual. Pretty disappointed in the result like everyone else as we probably won't make finals now. Also...I'm an active member as most of you are and sometimes I hate sitting there because there's so many flogs in the Yarraside its not even funny and try-hard wannabee 15 year olds acting like they own the club and swearing infront of young kids with families around them. And also morons who took beers outside the imperial for the march to the derby and took them on the train are absolute idiots. This is the pub that we drink at and shouldnt be stealing glasses at our own clubs pub and it just reflects on how bad the Yarraside is run. I'd like to mention that im not pointing fingers at anyone here but im sure we all know ans saw who the idiots were. Anyway, up the heart and hope for a good upcoming season (upcoming? the season is 4 games from finishing?!?). COYBIR.Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk Totally agree krejic. Love the passion and atmosphere of Yarraside and go to the game as much for them as anything. But I wish and hope that they can control the element that behaves stupidly and paints all of us as ratbags. We don't need this. I want to see Melbourne Heart as being all that is good about the game. Our colours are not blue. COYBIR. Thanks buddy. Yeah exactly. I mean I'm not one to be all good boy (I don't even know what this means) or anything especially when I was a teenager but at least I had respect in public. I'll be (the) first to admit that i followed Victory when the league started but didn't go to (a) game or follow or anything passionately but I did attend a few games 8-9 years ago (but you just said you never went to a game?) (and Victory fans are complete morons in the way they act thinking they are European hooligans when clearly the A-League fans are not. I'm born in Europe and there's a long history to why they act this way and in some cases rightfully so (you don't want people to be hooligans but you say they can rightfully do so in some cases??) but our league is 10 seasons on old and no need to act like dickheads. Support the club and go from there on..as you said COYBIR.. Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I shouldn't bother wasting my time but I thought I'd give my English translations skills a crack.

Am I the only one who's getting sick of reading stuff about people not liking swearing etc.in Yarraisde?

One of things I love about the Yarraside is that I can say what i feel without having people call security on me like at the AFL. Obviously there are lines which you don't cross but if I think Glen Moss is a fuckwit then I'm going to call him a fuckwit, and if there's someone in earshot who doesn't like it then there's plenty of room in AAMI for them to stand/sit in.

My biggest problem with AFL (don't get me wrong, I'm a rabid AFL fan) is that I can't even say something like 'that's bullshit' at a game without an entire row of people giving me dirty looks, that game is ridiculously sanitized now and I don't want to see Football go that way too.

Gosh, you are a scallywag KM!

Oh yeah, I'm out there  :lol:

I was at the game yesterday as per usual. Pretty disappointed in the result like everyone else as we probably won't make finals now. Also...I'm an active member as most of you are and sometimes I hate sitting there because there's so many flogs in the Yarraside its not even funny and try-hard wannabee 15 year olds acting like they own the club and swearing infront of young kids with families around them. And also morons who took beers outside the imperial for the march to the derby and took them on the train are absolute idiots. This is the pub that we drink at and shouldnt be stealing glasses at our own clubs pub and it just reflects on how bad the Yarraside is run. I'd like to mention that im not pointing fingers at anyone here but im sure we all know ans saw who the idiots were. Anyway, up the heart and hope for a good upcoming season (upcoming? the season is 4 games from finishing?!?). COYBIR.Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk Totally agree krejic. Love the passion and atmosphere of Yarraside and go to the game as much for them as anything. But I wish and hope that they can control the element that behaves stupidly and paints all of us as ratbags. We don't need this. I want to see Melbourne Heart as being all that is good about the game. Our colours are not blue. COYBIR. Thanks buddy. Yeah exactly. I mean I'm not one to be all good boy (I don't even know what this means) or anything especially when I was a teenager but at least I had respect in public. I'll be (the) first to admit that i followed Victory when the league started but didn't go to (a) game or follow or anything passionately but I did attend a few games 8-9 years ago (but you just said you never went to a game?) (and Victory fans are complete morons in the way they act thinking they are European hooligans when clearly the A-League fans are not. I'm born in Europe and there's a long history to why they act this way and in some cases rightfully so (you don't want people to be hooligans but you say they can rightfully do so in some cases??) but our league is 10 seasons on old and no need to act like dickheads. Support the club and go from there on..as you said COYBIR.. Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk I shouldn't bother wasting my time but I thought I'd give my English translations skills a crack. Congratulations. I didnt realise that this forum was an english high school class and im sorry that i accidently pressed the wrong key on my phone to make a few spelling mistakes. Now that youve told me that my spelling matters to younso much i will kindly face the other way to not give two shits Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I was at the game yesterday as per usual. Pretty disappointed in the result like everyone else as we probably won't make finals now. Also...I'm an active member as most of you are and sometimes I hate sitting there because there's so many flogs in the Yarraside its not even funny and try-hard wannabee 15 year olds acting like they own the club and swearing infront of young kids with families around them. And also morons who took beers outside the imperial for the march to the derby and took them on the train are absolute idiots. This is the pub that we drink at and shouldnt be stealing glasses at our own clubs pub and it just reflects on how bad the Yarraside is run. I'd like to mention that im not pointing fingers at anyone here but im sure we all know ans saw who the idiots were. Anyway, up the heart and hope for a good upcoming season (upcoming? the season is 4 games from finishing?!?). COYBIR.Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk Totally agree krejic. Love the passion and atmosphere of Yarraside and go to the game as much for them as anything. But I wish and hope that they can control the element that behaves stupidly and paints all of us as ratbags. We don't need this. I want to see Melbourne Heart as being all that is good about the game. Our colours are not blue. COYBIR. Thanks buddy. Yeah exactly. I mean I'm not one to be all good boy (I don't even know what this means) or anything especially when I was a teenager but at least I had respect in public. I'll be (the) first to admit that i followed Victory when the league started but didn't go to (a) game or follow or anything passionately but I did attend a few games 8-9 years ago (but you just said you never went to a game?) (and Victory fans are complete morons in the way they act thinking they are European hooligans when clearly the A-League fans are not. I'm born in Europe and there's a long history to why they act this way and in some cases rightfully so (you don't want people to be hooligans but you say they can rightfully do so in some cases??) but our league is 10 seasons on old and no need to act like dickheads. Support the club and go from there on..as you said COYBIR.. Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I shouldn't bother wasting my time but I thought I'd give my English translations skills a crack.

Love your work but its time to look at picking up a serious hobby to keep you out of trouble.

:)

Am I the only one who's getting sick of reading stuff about people not liking swearing etc.in Yarraisde? One of things I love about the Yarraside is that I can say what i feel without having people call security on me like at the AFL. Obviously there are lines which you don't cross but if I think Glen Moss is a fuckwit then I'm going to call him a fuckwit, and if there's someone in earshot who doesn't like it then there's plenty of room in AAMI for them to stand/sit in. My biggest problem with AFL (don't get me wrong, I'm a rabid AFL fan) is that I can't even say something like 'that's bullshit' at a game without an entire row of people giving me dirty looks, that game is ridiculously sanitized now and I don't want to see Football go that way too. I follow the afl to footy as you do and i dont disagree with you and as you said there are lines which you shouldnt cross but please enlighten me to why you think glen moss is a fuckwit? Im pretty sure he's on the field doing his job like everyone else. So please go ahead and tell me to why you think hes a fuckwit and why theres a need to swear in this case?

Am I the only one who's getting sick of reading stuff about people not liking swearing etc.in Yarraisde? One of things I love about the Yarraside is that I can say what i feel without having people call security on me like at the AFL. Obviously there are lines which you don't cross but if I think Glen Moss is a fuckwit then I'm going to call him a fuckwit, and if there's someone in earshot who doesn't like it then there's plenty of room in AAMI for them to stand/sit in. My biggest problem with AFL (don't get me wrong, I'm a rabid AFL fan) is that I can't even say something like 'that's bullshit' at a game without an entire row of people giving me dirty looks, that game is ridiculously sanitized now and I don't want to see Football go that way too. I follow the afl to footy as you do and i dont disagree with you and as you said there are lines which you shouldnt cross but please enlighten me to why you think glen moss is a fuckwit? Im pretty sure he's on the field doing his job like everyone else. So please go ahead and tell me to why you think hes a fuckwit and why theres a need to swear in this case?

Because I want to  :up:

I shouldn't bother wasting my time but I thought I'd give my English translations skills a crack. Love your work but its time to look at picking up a serious hobby to keep you out of trouble.

:)

Hahha I'm off work for the day, might well brush up ;)

Stats from the game:

Melbourne Heart v Wellington

Shots 26 or 27  to 9

2zfnxfn.png

Corners 5 to 2

Passes completed 431 to 214

Possession 62.5% to 37.5%

Total Heart passing completed 431 out of 510 (85%)

o8wktv.png

Total individual passing completed (%)

Murdocca 50 out of 53 (94%)
Kalmar 38 out of 41 (93%)
Dugandzic 18 ot of 20 (90%)
Hoffman 45 out of 52 (87%)
Kisnorbo 48 out of 56 (86%)
Wielaert 42 out of 49 (86%)
Mauk 6 out of 7 (86%)
Engelaar 27 out of 32 (84%)
Germano 26 out of 31 (84%)
Garuccio 36 out of 44 (82%)
Williams 38 out of 48 (79%)
Redmayne 13 out of 17 (76%)
Kewell 42 out of 58 (72%)
Ramsay 2 out of 2

Total individual forward passing completed

Kisnorbo 35 out of 42 (83%)
Kalmar 32 out of 35 (91%)
Wielaert 25 out of 32 (78%)
Murdocca 25 out of 28 (89%)
Germano 21 out of 25 (84%)
Hoffman 19 out of 25 (76%)
Williams 17 out of 22 (77%)
Kewell 15 out of 28 (54%)
Garuccio 14 out of 21 (66%)
Engelaar 10 out of 14 (71%)
Dugandzic 4 out of 5 (80%)
Mauk 4 out of 5 (80%)
Ramsay 1 out of 1

Tackles completed

Garuccio 7 out of 9
Hoffman 4 out of 4
Williams 3 out of 4
Murdocca 2 out of 4
Germano 2 out of 6
Kisnorbo 1 out of 1
Kalmar 1 out of 1
Dugandzic 1 out of 3
Wielaert 0 out of 1
Mauk 0 out of 1
Kewell 0 out of 2
Engelaar 0 out of 0
Ramsay 0 out of 0

Interceptions 

Kewell 2
Garuccio 2
Williams 1
Hoffman 1
Kalmar 1
Dugandzic 0
Germano 0
Murdocca 0
Kisnorbo 0
Wielaert 0
Engelaar 0
Mauk 0
Ramsay 0

Clearances

Wielaert 4
Garuccio 3
Kisnorbo 3
Hoffman 3
Murdocca 2
Kewell 1
Williams 0
Engelaar 0
Dugandzic 0
Germano 0
Kalmar 0
Mauk 0
Ramsay 0 

My 2 cents

Heart's finishing was the biggest let down, IMO. Heart had 3 times as many shots on goal, about 27 shots, and could only score twice with 1 deflected shot and with 1 penalty. Contrast Heart's finishing with that of Wellington, who scored 2 decent goals from open play with only 9 shots (and only because of 1 or 2 impressive reflex saves from Redmayne they didn't score 3 or 4).

Garuccio was targeted (as he was always going to be), and both goals came down his side. I'm pretty sure the stats incorrectly confuse interceptions (which is where a pass is intercepted) and tackles (where the ball is taken off the opponent), so I'm not sure that Garuccio had 7 out of 9 tackles, but still he was so involved in the game defensively because Wellington targeted him. He wasn't too bad defensively (getting several interceptions and tackles) but he was a defensive weakness, especially due to his positioning in my judgement. IMO, Garuccio looked best when he got up field and assumed the position of winger, with some good ball skills, good passing and good crosses being whipped into the box. I really hope he gets more game time there, rather than as LB.

I don't think Heart's wide players were very useful, especially when Heart was attacking. Hoffman made 52 passes, but less than half of them were forward passes (and he only completed 19 forward passes, and IMO they weren't especially effective forward passes). Like I said, Garuccio was fairly good, but IMO he'd be a lot better if he was a winger. Dugandzic had a quiet game, apart from his deflected shot, and didn't impact the game as well as he could have (for instance, he didn't effectively take on his defenders, like he did so well when he provided the assist for Engelaar against Brisbane). Williams had a bit of a better game than Dugandzic, but also didn't have a big impact. And Ramsay was only noticeable for his offsides when he came on (maybe 1 or 2 of those calls were wrong, but still he didn't make a big enough impact off the bench).
Heart being rather ineffective out wide really hurt the team's overall effectiveness IMO, because with the possession game that JVS wants to play requires fullbacks to occasionally bomb forward down the flanks and make an impact, and wingers to provide creativity out wide. Maybe if the finishing were better than these shortcomings wouldn't have been so important, but Heart's lack of effectiveness out side (maybe especially damning because we have so many wingers) was noticeable yesterday.

Even though most of the Wellington attacks came down the flanks, I don't think our DMs were that good defensively (although they were pretty helpful in possession), and our central defensive pairing didn't show some of the stellar defending that it has this season.

Some standout positives for me was our midfield with the ball. Our midfielders rarely gave the ball away with sloppy passing, which was good to see. Also, Kalmar once again impressed coming off the bench, providing 3 times as many forward passes as Engelaar (despite only having about half as long on the pitch as Engelaar). And it was nice to see Kewell play 90 minutes, as his fitness was a bit uncetain going into this match, and provide some moments of brilliance (although he can do more and be more consistent IMO).

So there's actually a fair bit to work with IMO, and if Heart can sharpen up the finishing over the remaining games, then we could finish the season pretty strongly.
Edited by Murfy1
  • Like 3