Melbourne Football

Location of New facilities ?

InMyHeart

The real question should be ... Must we have our home ground(s) collocated with the training, administration etc? Whilst that is obviously ideal, the lack of available property (though not anywhere near as bad as in NYC) may force us to consider alternatives.

At least initially, we will probably play our home games at AAMI and train at Latrobe. The major consideration for the future home ground has to be access to public transport, particularly when one remembers that this was a real factor in the failure of the AFL Waverley ground. In this regards Melbourne's city centric system pretty much dictates a location close to the heart of Melbourne. I would be horrified if CFG decided to have their main stadium at relatively “remote” places like Latrobe, Seaford, Cranbourne even possibly Northcote (bogans, air quality, intelligence etc notwithstanding) let alone Ballarat.  There must be somewhere available within about 2 train stations of Spencer street (oops, I mean Southern Cross).

I wasn't aware that there was any intention to move away from AAMI Park in the foreseeable future, and have always regarded the concept of "Heartlands" as just a dream.

My understanding is that CFG are looking to establish a state-of-the-art training and development complex here, incorporating administration facilities, with one of the pitches being a small "stadium" to accommodate NYL matches or their equivalent. Of course, if they could incorporate a proper stadium then they would do it but only if it fitted their business model - they are not going to throw away cash on this franchise if there is no need to do so.

I still think Latrobe is the front runner. The University wants us there, there is enough land (guess on my part), and IMO the NIMBY factor would be small. The absence of a decent rail link is a drawback if we are contemplating anything more than a training, development and administration complex.

I think the security in sunshine too is something you can't get anywhere else:

10171086_505326289593230_401769544469306

Maybe we could get google earth to secure our training facilities too?

LOL - I think the Masons would be losing their war in Sunshine... :droy:

Way back when sunshine was a pommy immigration destination the mason's where thriving in that area.

• Like 1

I think the security in sunshine too is something you can't get anywhere else:10171086_505326289593230_401769544469306

Way back when sunshine was a pommy immigration destination the mason's where thriving in that area. Perhaps but I have seen recent Census figures for the place and the war is def lost...

• Like 1

I think the security in sunshine too is something you can't get anywhere else:10171086_505326289593230_401769544469306

Way back when sunshine was a pommy immigration destination the mason's where thriving in that area. Perhaps but I have seen recent Census figures for the place and the war is def lost...

LOL - I think the Masons would be losing their war in Sunshine... :droy: Way back when sunshine was a pommy immigration destination the mason's where thriving in that area.Perhaps but I have seen recent Census figures for the place and the war is def lost... Asians took over and have been moved out in recent years now it's becoming an African enclave

Way back when sunshine was a pommy immigration destination the mason's where thriving in that area.

Perhaps but I have seen recent Census figures for the place and the war is def lost...

Asians took over and have been moved out in recent years now it's becoming an African enclave

Place is fucked, the less said about Sunshine the better, where else will you find a shopping centre with half the shops just abandoned.

But what you said is like the same thing that has happened in St Albans, when I was a kid there was still a decent wog presence, but eventually the Asians took over, and now the Africans have taken over from the Asians. It's like reverse gentrification, the people get richer and move out. But actual gentrification will probably hit Sunshine soon, it is fairly inner, no way it will stay a shithole for ever.

I know this sounds odd but i have only just relocated back to Melbourne two months ago, so - where exactly is the training ground located at La Trobe ? When i left melbourne some 37 years ago La trobe university was only just opened, i know this as i worked there on student accommodation buildings .

• Like 1

I know this sounds odd but i have only just relocated back to Melbourne two months ago, so - where exactly is the training ground located at La Trobe ? When i left melbourne some 37 years ago La trobe university was only just opened, i know this as i worked there on student accommodation buildings .

Directly opposite the campus, over the road, kind of behind the next to/behind the AFL ground you can see from the road.