Tando Kisnorbo Miglorini Ramsay Mifsud/DMac

Or something totally different up front:

Redmayne

Jez/Hoff Gerhardt Wielart Behich

Murdocca Kalmar

Garuccio Kewell

DMac Mifsud

Tando - PaddyK - Migs - Willo - Duga

Only enough room for one of Jez / Hofd in each squad. Can swap the Paddy's around if wanted. Much of a muchness really. Thought Nicky was solid playing deep last week.

We just need something new going forward!!!

Sorry formations don't look very nice when typed on my phone.

Edited by billyheart

Pre match drinks are at the Brass Monkey in Northbridge from 4pm ,Perth Hearts have a facebook page if any WA based fans want to join ,Wheelbarrow is a Glory pub ,always a few Heart in the Monkey and the beer is around $3 a pint cheaper than the Wheelbarrow :D

Can confirm beer is not cheaper in Brass Monkey. $10 bucks standard. $11+ if you want something that doesn't taste like piss. Welcome to Perth.

Would like to see this!

Redmayne

Kalmar

Mass Kewell

Dugandzic Garuccio

Williams

Redmayne

Murdocca Kalmar

Garuccio Kewell

DMac Mifsud

Only enough room for one of Jez / Hofd in each squad. Can swap the Paddy's around if wanted. Much of a muchness really. Thought Nicky was solid playing deep last week.

Like the second option.

I think we'll see more out of Mifsud if he's playing with D Mac as the target man up front.

Seems like we've played 433 from day 1 and would be interestiong to see a different formation

Would like to see this!

Redmayne

Kalmar

Mass Kewell

Dugandzic Garuccio

Williams

Redmayne

Murdocca Kalmar

Garuccio Kewell

DMac Mifsud

Like the second option.

I think we'll see more out of Mifsud if he's playing with D Mac as the target man up front.

Seems like we've played 433 from day 1 and would be interestiong to see a different formation

The formation is a nominal static snap shot of the way that the team plays, what is important is how any formation is used, how compact the lines are, the freedom of movement given to each player, the rotations overlaps and speed of ball movement. Any nominal formation is only ever in the device of these things. Think about it like a ballet performance, take a snapshot during the performance and this is the ballet dancers' formation at that moment

can anyone confirm i will be able to purchase tickets at the stadium? it seems there is a $5.95 handling fee on ticket master online. never been to an A league match before. i usually go to the footy (west coast supporter)

I don't think Melbourne Heart will be a sell out in Perth, not with that nice new stand. You can buy tickets prior to non-sell out games at Melbourne Park and I don't think Perth would send you away if you wanted to give them some coin to watch the football.

Worst case scenario, someone should have a spare ticket to get you in (just don't reveal your Heart top until you are in the ground ;)).

We seemed to play a 4 4 2 (diamond) last week, with Kalmar at the bottom of the diamond and Murdocca at the top. Also worth noting that Kewell and Murdocca would occasionally drop deep to try and help us play out from the back.

It's a bit hard to tell though if we set up that way to thwart CCM, who play the same formation, or if JVS intends to play Heart that way every round.

I reckon we'll field a pretty similar team today, as I think JVS wants to play 2 players up front:

Redmayne

Hoffman  Wielaert   Gerhardt   Behich

Kalmar

Dugandzic                   Ramsay/Garuccio

Murdocca

Mifsud                             Kewell

The bench is interesting with Walker in the extended squad and Dmac coming back from injury. I'm really not sure which 2 of these 6 outfield players should be dropped:

Kisnorbo

Macallister

Williams

Garuccio/Ramsay

Migliorini

Walker

We seemed to play a 4 4 2 (diamond) last week, with Kalmar at the bottom of the diamond and Murdocca at the top. Also worth noting that Kewell and Murdocca would occasionally drop deep to try and help us play out from the back.

It's a bit hard to tell though if we set up that way to thwart CCM, who play the same formation, or if JVS intends to play Heart that way every round.

I reckon we'll field a pretty similar team today, as I think JVS wants to play 2 players up front:

Redmayne

Kalmar

Murdocca

The bench is interesting with Walker in the extended squad and Dmac coming back from injury. I'm really not sure which 2 of these 6 outfield players should be dropped:

Kisnorbo

Macallister

Williams

Garuccio/Ramsay

Migliorini

Walker

Surely you have Kalmar and Murdocca the wrong way round in that formation? I'd probs drop Walker and Ramsay from the squad. Don't need cover for right back when Gerhardt can be moved there or to DM if needed and Kisnorbo slot into his CB spot.

Redmayne

Kalmar

Murdocca

Kisnorbo

Macallister

Williams

Garuccio/Ramsay

Migliorini

Walker

for me it has to be Ramsay and i hate to say it, but if Hoff gets a start (which he will) then id say Walker will get the chop.

ramsay is really quick. i want to see williams starting, i've seen good things from him, he has a lot of energy.

If you want to start guy plainly because he's quick an has lots of energy, you might as well play some little kid hyped up on red cordial, it's time for Williams and Ramsey to be dropped and for somebody else who is deserving of a spot in the team to get a start. We cannot continue to have players knowing no mater how poorly they can play they will still start next match,we need to create pressure for spots on the team.

• Like 2

Redmayne

Hoffman Wielaert Gerhardt Behich

Kalmar

Dugandzic Ramsay/Garuccio

Murdocca

Mifsud Kewell

Kisnorbo

Macallister

Williams

Garuccio/Ramsay

Migliorini

Walker

As previously posted Walker is still here in Melbourne so is already out of the equation.

JvS doesn't really have a lot of choice because the squad is so unbalanced. IMO Williams=Ramsay=Dugandzic - all the same sort of player and all badly out of form.

The other problem he has is that despite what he says about focussing on the football he knows there is pressure on him from above to deliver at least some decent results, so in that sense he's now in the same position as Aloisi - does he persist with the same players in the hope of squeezing out a win, or does he say enough is enough and bring in players such as Garuccio?