Melbourne Football

Melbourne Heart vs Perth Glory Friday 9:45EST

kingofhearts

was in there few weeks back $8.90 pint of Carlton Cold which isn't the best ,same pint in Wheelbarrow was $11, maybe its not cheaper for everybody 

Mid-strength before football? Bad enough that's all you can drink once your in the gates. Load up early mate.

It's shit, but it aint mid strength.

Surely you have Kalmar and Murdocca the wrong way round in that formation? I'd probs drop Walker and Ramsay from the squad. Don't need cover for right back when Gerhardt can be moved there or to DM if needed and Kisnorbo slot into his CB spot.

Nope, I don't. Last game against the Mariners Murdocca was higher up the pitch than Kalmar for effectively the whole game. On a few occasions Murdocca dropped deep to play alongside Kalmar, but Kalmar was effectively our lone DM for most of the game.

And this midfield worked pretty well, and both Kalmar and Murdocca had pretty good games IMO.

I'm not sure I fully understand why JVS employed this midfield, but I think one of the main advantages of it is that Murdocca's intensity can be put to work in our opponents half, increasing the chances of us winning the ball in our opponents half. Having watched some of that game again, I think a significant amount of CCM's sloppy possession and turnovers can be attributed to Murdocca playing higher up the pitch, working hard to win the ball and effectively marking our opponents' DM.

I also think Heart need a largely settled and unchanged lineup to improve the possession game that JVS wants the team to play, so that's why I'd like to see Kalmar and Murdocca play in similar positions again.

Surely you have Kalmar and Murdocca the wrong way round in that formation? I'd probs drop Walker and Ramsay from the squad. Don't need cover for right back when Gerhardt can be moved there or to DM if needed and Kisnorbo slot into his CB spot.

Nope, I don't. Last game against the Mariners Murdocca was higher up the pitch than Kalmar for effectively the whole game. On a few occasions Murdocca dropped deep to play alongside Kalmar, but Kalmar was effectively our lone DM for most of the game.

And this midfield worked pretty well, and both Kalmar and Murdocca had pretty good games IMO.

I'm not sure I fully understand why JVS employed this midfield, but I think one of the main advantages of it is that Murdocca's intensity can be put to work in our opponents half, increasing the chances of us winning the ball in our opponents half. Having watched some of that game again, I think a significant amount of CCM's sloppy possession and turnovers can be attributed to Murdocca playing higher up the pitch, working hard to win the ball and effectively marking our opponents' DM.

I also think Heart need a largely settled and unchanged lineup to improve the possession game that JVS wants the team to play, so that's why I'd like to see Kalmar and Murdocca play in similar positions again.

This is something I didn't understand with JA. If he had a particular game plan and was going to utilise a big a guy like engelaar as a defensive mid, kalmar is also a big guy, why not play him also as a defensive mid, similar role to what engelaar would play.

This is something I didn't understand with JA. If he had a particular game plan and was going to utilise a big a guy like engelaar as a defensive mid, kalmar is also a big guy, why not play him also as a defensive mid, similar role to what engelaar would play.

I'm still sceptical JA had a gameplan.

Kalmar is offensively a solid DM. He's as good with the ball as Murdocca is, and also  equally good at passing (Kalmar might even be a slightly better passer IMO).

His defensive abilities have always been the issue, and he was good enough last round.

I'm just glad we're playing a competent midfield with Kalmar, Murdocca and Kewell all on the pitch at once. Hopefully they get better as they are all now playing regularly together.

Same starting XI as last week according to Fox Sports, presumably in the same formation:

Redmayne

Hoffman  Wielaert   Gerhardt   Behich

Kalmar

Dugandzic                   Ramsay

Murdocca

Mifsud            Kewell

BENCH

Velaphi

Kisnorbo

Macallister

Williams

Migliorini

Edited by Murfy1

Pissed off walker or garuccio arnt even on the bench

I'm annoyed as well. But I'm more annoyed at Aloisi. Should have played Mauk for a least a few games when Kewell and Kalmar were both injured (he may not get many chances to play now that he's in the U22 team). And the same is true of practically all our young players, who Aloisi went out of his way not to play (like Gerhardt at RB, WTH!?).

Macallister and Williams better stand up.in this game and play well if they get subbed on.

I'm still sceptical JA had a gameplan.

Kalmar is offensively a solid DM. He's as good with the ball as Murdocca is, and also  equally good at passing (Kalmar might even be a slightly better passer IMO).

His defensive abilities have always been the issue, and he was good enough last round.

I'm just glad we're playing a competent midfield with Kalmar, Murdocca and Kewell all on the pitch at once. Hopefully they get better as they are all now playing regularly together.

I was expecting someone to say that about JA not having a gameplay haha.