Melbourne Football

Start planning for 2016-17 now

AntiScum

Looks like a full strength team, arguably the first time we've played a full strength team (albeit missing a striker). Will be interesting to see how they go.

Dunno about you but my full strength 11 does not include Ramsay, Murdocca, Redmayne and Archbald...

Much rather Gooch, (a striker), Velaphi and Germano/Hoffman respectively...

My guess on the line-ups:

Duncan

Risdon   O'Neil   Djulbic   Clisby

Ferriera  Edwards

Garcia    Marinkovic    Harold

Maclaren

Duff    Dugandzic

Mooy             Koren

Paartalu  Murdocca

Ramsay Kisnorbo©  Wielaert Archibald

Redmayne

Bench

Velaphi
Brown
Retre
Kalmar
Prelevic (T)
Dekker (T)
Symeoy (T)
Mullet (T)

My guess on the line-ups:

Duncan

Risdon   O'Neil   Djulbic   Clisby

Ferriera  Edwards

Garcia    Marinkovic    Harold

Maclaren

Duff    Dugandzic

Mooy             Koren

Paartalu  Murdocca

Ramsay Kisnorbo©  Wielaert Archibald

Redmayne

Bench

Velaphi

Brown

Retre

Kalmar

Prelevic (T)

Dekker (T)

Symeoy (T)

Mullet (T)

I reckon you're right there murf. They played without a striker against Adelaide and this looks the same too.

Inb4 we concede 85th and 90th minute goals to lose 2-1.

Nah. I have a good feeling that our duck will be broken this afternoon to be fair I'm not sure the team Perth have fielded can actually be considered an A-League team...

We should piss this in

More reason why were gonna cop 2 late ones.

Looks like a full strength team, arguably the first time we've played a full strength team (albeit missing a striker). Will be interesting to see how they go.

Dunno about you but my full strength 11 does not include Ramsay, Murdocca, Redmayne and Archbald...

Much rather Gooch, (a striker), Velaphi and Germano/Hoffman respectively...

Agree about Redmayne. I'd prefer Tando. But still, I don't think there is much between them, so out of the 2 keepers we have, I don't think it matters that much which is selected.

The Murdocca selection is interesting. I think something might be up with Williams, which is why he's not playing. James Brown and Marc Marino are currently the other options to play striker, and given how Brown's went as a striker I can understand why Murdocca was selected. As I've said before though, the club needs to increase its fire power to be successful this season.

On Ramsay, I think he's playing because Garuccio is injured. Also, I believe the Young Socceroos will miss the first few rounds of the A-League season, so we'd probably be without Garuccio then anyway, so the team needs a backup LB, and Ramsay has seemingly been groomed as that backup LB.

I'm okay with Archibald at RB. I've seen him there, and I think he's pretty solid defensively, and he's good on the ball and can get forward (he used to be a holding midfielder). Maybe Germano pips him for the RB spot if he's fit, but it doesn't seem that Germao is fit enough right now, hence Archibald at RB. But still even when Germano's fit I wouldn't rule Archibald out of getting the RB spot on merit, as he's had a full pre-season and he seems to be going well.

So it's full strength given the players that are available and fit. It'll be interesting though to see what happens when strikers like Villa/Williams are available, and when Garuccio, Hoffman, and Germano are fully fit.

Edited by Murfy1

I've changed my view on these matches. They're merely training runs in which the players on both sides get used to how their teammates move in various situations, some experiments are made in terms of positional play, set-pieces etc., and players who might be knocking on the door of the club at either an A-League or NYL level get a chance to show their wares.

We could also ask, amongst many questions, what's happened to Tom King? He's had an extended trial, to the point of being at Carrington, but isn't playing today.

I've changed my view on these matches. They're merely training runs in which the players on both sides get used to how their teammates move in various situations, some experiments are made in terms of positional play, set-pieces etc., and players who might be knocking on the door of the club at either an A-League or NYL level get a chance to show their wares.

We could also ask, amongst many questions, what's happened to Tom King? He's had an extended trial, to the point of being at Carrington, but isn't playing today.

Pre season had always been about experimenting and trying things. The problem is that it's shown that what we have experimented with hasn't worked and wasn't even attempted to be fixed by the start of the season. This close to kick off all the kinks should be ironed out and we should be ready to go. Perth obviously have been focusing on the FFA cup so this match doesn't mean a lot to them I assume by the lineup.

But to us this is pretty much our final dry run before we get down to business. So far it sounds very encouraging

Edited by KSK_47

1-0 at half time.

Goal from penalty (handball apparently).

Other opportunities described sound like long range speculators rather than clear cut chances.

Hard to say how encouraging this performance really is tbh, especially when we're analysing tweets. And Perth are missing about 6 first 11 players.

Edited by loriente

1-0 at half time.

Other opportunities described sound like long range speculators rather than clear cut chances.

Hard to say how encouraging this performance really is tbh, especially when we're analysing tweets. And Perth are missing about 6 first 11 players.

True. But I am trying to stay positive for once lol.

1-0 at half time.

True. But I am trying to stay positive for once lol.

Counterpoint to my own argument: we're not playing a striker, so no surprises the midfielders are taking shots.