Melbourne Football

Melbourne City's New HQ and Training Facility

Dylan

Anyone know when and where training is tomorrow or next week

It looks like the team will be training at Hume City FC's training ground tomorrow and this week (source: http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/melbourneheart/news-display/Melbourne-City-FC-building-towards-Manchester-camp/91040). And the team will fly off to the UK this Sunday, so they'll be training at Manchester City FC's splendid & expensive Carrington training ground next week (source: http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/melbourneheart/news-display/Melbourne-City-FC-to-embark-on-Manchester-training-camp/91018 ). The team will be in the UK for about 17 days, and will be back in Australia around July 25th 

Murfy that will look like a second hand shop when the new academy opens hopefully sometime around October

BAM Construction are running late, hence why Laing O'Rourke won the tender for the stadium expansion

In time you will also have a state of the art training facility :)

So a little tid bit from that press conference....

Latrobe pitches have been re developed and will be ready from when the players return from manchester. There has been no final decisions to where the new facilities will be built but preference is latrobe

• Like 2

If Latrobe is the preferred site..why no decision? :huh:

Well it seems like it will be a huge build so there are lots of things to work out in terms of size and location etc. The grounds now are on a flood plain which makes it even more difficult. I am happy for them to take their time with this and make the right decision rather than rushing into something.

It's in a once a century type of flood plain. Drainage would be the issue. Bundy is known for highly reactive clay. Only way to fix properly is dig deep greater than 600mm and mix/fill with sandy soil. I assume they've opted for a kick fix and spiked the soil and chemically treated it.

Possibly a few APS/AGS sporting fields might be another stopgap solution, if one is required, while Latrobe gets up to scratch.

AFL clubs regularly use these schools' facilities, especially in preseason and, of course, they're immaculate. And most of these schools (and/or their sporting complexes) are also pretty central as well (inner-east, primarily), which may also be a bonus and I'm sure most of them aren't adverse to the publicity.

Possibly a few APS/AGS sporting fields might be another stopgap solution, if one is required, while Latrobe gets up to scratch.

AFL clubs regularly use these schools' facilities, especially in preseason and, of course, they're immaculate. And most of these schools (and/or their sporting complexes) are also pretty central as well (inner-east, primarily), which may also be a bonus and I'm sure most of them aren't adverse to the publicity.

LOL - Clearly you haven't seen the ovals at Skevs then...

Well, there's plenty to choose from. I remember playing footy at Trinity and they had that checkerboard design that they sometimes do at the MCG mowed into the field.

Well, there's plenty to choose from. I remember playing footy at Trinity and they had that checkerboard design that they sometimes do at the MCG mowed into the field.

What a pity then that such a field will never be used for proper APS Competition. :up:

• Like 2

What a pity then that such a field will never be used for proper APS Competition. :up:

Haha...well played. Carey's not a bad patch of grass, off the top of my head.

• 3 weeks later...

From the documents that were just placed on my desk... Epping stadium WILL NOT be our home, not now, nor ever!

BUT!!!... There is a small chance that our youth league team may use it... with a provision for B-League definitely on the cards for our game.

• Like 1

From the documents that were just placed on my desk... Epping stadium WILL NOT be our home, not now, nor ever!

BUT!!!... There is a small chance that our youth league team may use it... with a provision for B-League definitely on the cards for our game.

Please explain!?!

If i could i would. Once i'm able to, i'll definitely be putting more info up.

Please explain!?!

If i could i would. Once i'm able to, i'll definitely be putting more info up.

I just didn't think that sentence made much sense "B-League definitely on the cards for our game"?

• 4 weeks later...

Hmmm, it was definitely open only two weeks ago. I was even able to chat with some of the boys.

The carpark is shared with the uni students parking, so not sure how they can keep people out or even stop you from just sitting in your car and watching them.

Will probably be so they can control when Villa is presented to the supporters / public???

Right after the socceroos play and have all the media attention, unveil Villa and show his goal in the world cup on repeat.

TTDIM: Looking forward to my sunday team playing latrobe this week away so our team get to play on the ground we train on. 

I went out and had a look at training a few days ago and it seems like the intensity has picked up a lot since last time I watched which was a couple of weeks ago prior to the other day. So maybe this might be a bit of an indication of everything ramping up. I also think I saw chapman training too. I couldn't see too much detail so to speak as they were training at the far end of the fields. Germano was training by himself for some of it probably as apart of his program.

The fields are top notch too, and there is so much room out there so I can't see why they wouldn't build the facilities where they are now since Latrobe seems so keen to keep us. It's also a nice secluded area. I hope as apart of the facilities they build a field with a small stand for seating so the club can host tournaments or finals and have preseason matches there as well but I'm not holding my breath

If it gets built we would probably also become if not the most high value club certainly close to it because we would probably own the facilities and I think most other clubs lease their current facilities but I'm not too sure about that.

• Like 4

First time I had been out to Bundoora in a while and those pitches look very nice. Decent set up, but the clubhouse still is tiny.

Do the club use other facilities at the university?

Will be interesting to see what they will do with the major upgrade when it eventually happens. Wonder if they would look at a covered field for winter and inclement weather, as they have now built in Manchester. Could be good :)

Agree about the pitches. First time I'd seen the area for some time and the grounds looked fabulous. However the small building adjoining the pitches looks far too small to accommodate a professional sporting club. In fact it looks like something that a medium side suburban sports club would have - the rooms at Port Melbourne Sharks are bigger :lol:

Edited by HEARTinator

• 2 weeks later...

Got inside word of the new base we are building... Sounded mint the way it was explained, can't go into too much depth, however what I will say is from what I was told the most impressive thing was the actual pitches being built.... was still informed about the new building but that was less convincing and a bit more ambiguous (was informed about it but with very little detail.... from what was said it should be epic). 

I'm very confident the news will come out in the coming months, which will clear some questions that I still have

Edited by InMyHeart
  • Like 1