Melbourne Football

Melbourne Heart FC buy out - Man City, Melbourne City FC, etc.

AntiScum

I've had a real good think about what I said previously n I take it all back.

Our name will be a small price to pay for where this club can go.

I think this needed to happen. I think I overreacted in an extreme way.

Don't get me wrong I would still love to stay as Melbourne Heart, but I can deal with the change of it means we become the dominant team in the A League

Owe you a like. The future is so bright!

I gotta wear shades!

man-city-with-sunglasses.jpg

I can already see Victory singing there new chant.

"This is how it feels to be City"

"This is how it feels to be small"

"This is how it feels when your team wins nothing at all, nothing at all"

Finally Heart make the front page of the Sun!

A dirty rag man united song. Tell them to eff off and think up one of their own :-)

Can't be arsed reading all the posts in here, but how good is this exposure for the club, nationally and internationally!

Keep the colours, not too fussed about the name, providing they acknowledge the 'heart' in some way or another.

Damn next season is going to be exciting!

Buy out aami park and make it exclusive to heart. No storm and no victory teams. The stadium just for heart.

Name change I don't mind at all. Colour change yeah I do mind.

Make the club massive. I like how he says they want the stadium full. One day it'd be nice to see those tards sitting in their little corner of the stadium during a derby.

Well the storm and rebels will definitely still play there mate.

Buy out aami park and make it exclusive to heart. No storm and no victory teams. The stadium just for heart.

Name change I don't mind at all. Colour change yeah I do mind.

Make the club massive. I like how he says they want the stadium full. One day it'd be nice to see those tards sitting in their little corner of the stadium during a derby.

Well the storm and rebels will definitely still play there mate.

How about letting everyone play there except the 'tards :P

I can already see Victory singing there new chant.

"This is how it feels to be City"

"This is how it feels to be small"

"This is how it feels when your team wins nothing at all, nothing at all"

Finally Heart make the front page of the Sun!

What about

This is how it feels to be Victory

This is how it feels to be poor

This is how it feels when your teams worth nothing at all, nothing at all

• Like 2

Good to see the forum getting some serious use! I'm still not sure about what this means for us who strongly identify with Melbourne Heart. Its certainly great news for the development of the game, but if the name changes, the colours change and the badge changes, is it still the club we have supported through these past 4 years, or is it a completely new club?

Very happy for the investment, but I'm sure it will work just as well if we are still called Heart and play in red and white!

Its certainly changed the atmosphere as we get ready to bunk off work early for the road trip to Adelaide. I will be interested to hear the viewpoint of the other die hard supporters who are in the away section this weekend. For those less rusted on to Heart, I can fully understand your excitement at the prospect of a football club being run and resourced as a complete football machine in Melbourne and I'm sure the competition will benefit as a result.

Feels like the Bellarine Heart banner might be consigned to a Melbourne City Football Club museum ...

• Like 1

Quick question from an uneducated pom, how come you guys play October to April? Isn't this your summer? Must get a bit hot for the players.

Its so our Season does not compete with Rugby League and inparticlar Aussie Rules which is by far the most popular form of football in Australia.

Quick question from an uneducated pom, how come you guys play October to April? Isn't this your summer? Must get a bit hot for the players.

Hi Bluemoon, season runs then so it doesn't have to compete with National Rugby League and Australian rules competition for spectators and media coverage. It also fits in with FIFA calendar for international comps. 

Its so our Season does not compete with Rugby League and inparticlar Aussie Rules which is by far the most popular form of football in Australia.

Ahhh. Cheers mate, thanks

Hi Bluemoon, season runs then so it doesn't have to compete with National Rugby League and Australian rules competition for spectators and media coverage. It also fits in with FIFA calendar for international comps. 

Thanks yampy. Yeah get the FIFA thing now. Completely forgot about that.

It´s hard to say for sure how but they will absolutely listen before they act in regards to changing things ...CFG are suits yes, top executives without doubt and usually they have others doing the listening bit. But when they act things move quickly indeed.
For example I´m sure they are monitoring this forum, twitter, facebook etc. Not themselves of course but we have seen in the past how out of the blue they have quoted suggestions made online by fans.
So speak out..Somewhere someone will make a note

The history of Heart will always be Heart and can never be changed. This is by far the best thing that could have happened to the club. The current owners seem to have stalled after season 1 and not known or been willing to move the club forward.

The new owners have knowledge and structure to make our team the best not only in the league but also Asia. And what is the worst that can happen? Name/Kit change? Or beating the record for most games lost and languishing at the bottom of the table if we had stayed on the current track?

It will always be the same team due to its history. I will always have memories from season 1 getting smashed at the Riser, making loads of new mates and generally causing trouble. An ownership/kit/name change will never change my memories.

I woke up singing blue moon and had to pinch myself to realise that yesterday was not a dream..

WE ARE FUCKING CITY, WE ARE FUCKING CITY, LETS GO FUCKING MENTAL, WE ARE FUCKING CITY

still so soo happy

With your Isco pic in your signature, I'm not sure if you followed the Isco saga over summer but we had well over 1000 pages (spread over a few threads as they kept having to be restarted) on Isco over on our Bluemoon forums (mostly people losing their insanity and posting cat gifs) hoping we were gonna clinch his signature - was a right roller coaster transfer saga, we basically had him in the bag until Zidane got involved. If any of you are interested in our forums (http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk) you will be welcome to join just like you've all been very welcoming on here to us.

I think it's probably, mostly a regional thing to Manchester/the NW of England due to the miserable skies but we as City fans always have to moan about something but nowadays with every thing going so right, you might wonder why we are moaning over how to receive free pies at the game and similar meaningless things - just to give you a heads up it's because we were so used to moaning but now there isn't really anything football related to moan about!

By the way if some of you haven't realised, you'll now have over 48,000 City fans taking an interest in your club (which is quite an improvement from your 7000 or so fans at the moment). To quote our official site (www.mcfc.co.uk) we have 8,610,435 FB Likes, 1,443,499 Twitter followers and 2,929,043 Google Plus Ones and of course football fans world wide will also take an interest in this so I don't think it'd be unfair to say your the most well known Australian football club right now.

Edited by M24 Citizen
  • Like 2

Off to bed following the best news of the year so far. Most likely will have major wet dreams over skeiks, melb city, money ect. Will report back in the morning!

How'd you go? Got yourself cleaned up yet LOL?

Twas a warm night last night and can confirm the sheets are being washed as we speak.

• Like 1

It´s hard to say for sure how but they will absolutely listen before they act in regards to changing things ...CFG are suits yes, top executives without doubt and usually they have others doing the listening bit. But when they act things move quickly indeed.

For example I´m sure they are monitoring this forum, twitter, facebook etc. Not themselves of course but we have seen in the past how out of the blue they have quoted suggestions made online by fans.

So speak out..Somewhere someone will make a note

yep, so make sure to slag em off ;)

Excited about a re-birth of Melbourne City. It kinda gives it a 'region' whilst not.. So I like just Melbourne City or Melbourne City Heart.

There isn't a south, west, south east, etc.. Just a city!. Exactly what Melbourne is. I like.

But yes, sky blue I can't live with for a home kit.. I don't mind a Prahran City look (the club I played with) as a compromise of sky-blue and red.

image.jpg

As many have said I'm fine with Melbourne City.. nickname Heart, The Heart, Hearts etc..

that's what most will still refer to the club as. Not the official longwinded name..

also agree with most about the colours. Can compromise with sky blue collars or the like on the home kit and maybe a sky blue away kit as these are changed regularly by clubs.

So whilst a bit worried about colours and relationship with fans I'm justt over the moon about the potential excitement this will bring upon this football club.

Seriously, what are will those Sydney FC peasants do if we were to change to Sky Blue? When the sheik whips out the cash for a law suit they'll be begging not to take things further :D

Shit attitude, mate. All this talk of us turning sky blue makes me sick. Name change? Sure, I've always liked the idea of being Melbourne City etc, but fucking hell there's some on here that are happy to lose one of the few things that gave us a little bit of identity.

Obviously you didn't sense the humor mate. So let me confirm: I want the colors to remain, I would like "Heart" to be kept somewhere in there and I certainly don't expect a cashed up sheik to pour millions and millions into my club. What I do want is attractive football that aims to win silverware.

Edited by Tony999
  • Like 1

"It's day one. As we did in Manchester and New York we will listen to the players, coach and also the fans and have a good understanding before deciding,'' Soriano said.

"For us today is day one, so we need a bit of time and our plan is to listen, understand, learn about everything that's going on here then come up with a plan.

I think the new owners will see a name change to Melbourne City as being a step in the right direction in reaching those that never wanted to get onboard with heart originally and also as a way of separating the club from being seen as unsuccessful to successful. I welcome the change and have even before this liked the idea of being known as Melbourne City FC.

I'm wondering if they do build a multimillion dollar training facility where it will be. Hopefully somewhere in the vicinity of the cbd. After all we are Melbourne.

Edited by n i k o

Always believed life is about balance.

After touching obscurity, irrelevance, hitting the bottom of the barrel then digging even deeper, as a club we were in coma.

Lowest of the low

The only place where this heart was still beating was here in the support group that somehow held on, wishing, hoping and fighting for our club.

Being bought by another cash hungry business group or some mining cashed up bogan would have put us in a better position then we were in, however we deserve better.

Owners of one of the largest sporting conglomerate are not here to tarnish their brand by going into a venture unprepared without best intentions to make our club a success

For us we are always going to be heart!

Get on board

We deserved best of the best, as this is IT!!!

well said Jestr