Melbourne Football

Christmas derby 21st December 7:45ko

RedAndWhiteSoldier

Those Victory scumbags causing trouble behind the Yarraside completely sum up that club for me.

They spend so much time trying to get into us, whether verbally or physically, and the rest of their time boycotting their own side. They can talk about their larger fan base all they want but their attitude is that of a small time club, fucking disgusting stuff tonight.

It was disappointing to see families leaving before half-time because they clearly didn't feel safe, shit like this damages the game in this country.Can someone explain why they were even allowed to buy tickets/sit there???

The business of making GA members reserve a seat for this match will have contributed. Once it was known that there were going to be empty seats at the Yarraside End then they were sold to whoever wanted to buy them. Hence the presence of MV supporters there.

This was a terrible mistake by Heart HQ. A cheap grab for a few dollars more.

It wasn't a case of them innocently buying into area, those Mongs were there to cause trouble and agitate.

They had come with home made t-shirts of the zara/muscunt tackle on them. Didn't ended up leaving with them still on though :up:

Edited by FB.
  • Like 4

Wtf is in charge of the big screen at our home games? What's the point in showing us lose to Sydney just before kickoff?

They have gone through last 15 weeks of footage and that's the best they could do?

This club ....... For crying out loud!!!!

Just so stupid

Wtf is in charge of the big screen at our home games? What's the point in showing us lose to Sydney just before kickoff?

They have gone through last 15 weeks of footage and that's the best they could do?

This club ....... For crying out loud!!!!

Just so stupid

The footage of us last winning a game was shot in black and white and the film is being restored for the FFA museum, all they had to choose from were losses

• Like 2

A note from last night:

I have been sitting in the Yarraside for the past year so I am not sure who the main culprits are, I'm not blaming the core or any particular groups or anything because I know even a lot of families come up to the fence after the game to see the players but seriously those people who continuously clap the team and were clapping Aloisi after last nights game are pathetic. All I hear on this forum is the Aloisi out Aloisi out, which don't get me wrong is great. Then when push comes to shove no one has the balls to say it to his face, or even boo the team because enough is enough. My brother was a few rows back at the end and was booing and rightfully so and he had 2 blokes have a go at him and say support the team stop booing. This IMO is completely wrong. How can so many people bag out players and Aloisi then completely crumble when it comes to voicing your concerns? The same thing happened against Adelaide and you can maybe excuse this behaviour for one week and when we look like we actually gave a shit. But to do it after we have lost in a derby and have not won one game in 15/16 matches is pathetic. I also tried to begin an Aloisi Out chant and yes I know it's fairly stale but I was meeted with stares and had a couple of people have a go at me as well. These are probably the same flogs on twitter who continue to "#heartbelieve" and "have faith in the board"  :droy: . 

Wake up people.

The last time we all had a huge go at Aloisi it created headlines and was talked about heaps on social media and in prominent news outlets which in turn put pressure on the club and Aloisi to make things better. Obviously it hasn't worked but the more pressure the better. And a lot of people crumbled and showed no balls yet again like after the Adelaide game and again pretended like this performance was ok because they didn't have the balls to stand up and say no this is shit lets make a stance and tell these people what we are actually thinking then. Until then the MH board will use these things such as clapping the coach and the team as an excuse to keep Aloisi on as our coach as they believe he still has the support of the fans. If he is kept on as coach mark my words we will be getting Gold Coast like crowds towards the end of the season.

Next game show some balls and tell the players/Aloisi what you really think instead of doing it on a forum. 

My apologies, I was so distressed I left after the game and didn't realise that Aloisi was coming over with the team or I would have waited and told then what I think.

-Loved the pub turnout and train trip, sadly it will be the complete opposite next game.

-Had security called on me for the second derby in a row for somebody complaining that I was in their seat.

-Worst Heart game Ive been to, and first time I felt like leaving early. I'll continue to sing, but its emotionally draining to try and keep high spirits when we're always behind and chasing the game.

-If I was a board member I'd be wanting Aloisi gone before next weeks game, as a win against Wellington (which theres a good chance of) will justify the decision.

-Worst Heart game Ive been to, and first time I felt like leaving early. I'll continue to sing, but its emotionally draining to try and keep high spirits when we're always behind and chasing the game.

-If I was a board member I'd be wanting Aloisi gone before next weeks game, as a win against Wellington (which theres a good chance of) will justify the decision.

This was my first ever game I DID leave early for. Enough was enough. 3-0 down with 10 men? As if. I beat the crowd and didn't have anyone in blue rubbing it in my face

Sat about 2m from Yarraside with the wife and the 3 kids. Loved that but the missus was quite unnerved by the heavy security, the retarded tards and little things like being forced to leaving the stadium by the back door.

The cops were all wearing protective eyewear ready to capsicum spray everyone. I said to one of them 'what are you wearing all that stuff for, this isn't AFL or the cricket' and he looked at me like he was going to spray me!

• Like 1

This was my first ever game I DID leave early for. Enough was enough. 3-0 down with 10 men? As if. I beat the crowd and didn't have anyone in blue rubbing it in my face I stayed till the very end and was hoping JA was going to get closer then his safe 20mtrs from the boundary as few of us were waving him on.

He wasn't silly and kept his distance.

Missed opportunity.

Sat about 2m from Yarraside with the wife and the 3 kids. Loved that but the missus was quite unnerved by the heavy security, the retarded tards and little things like being forced to leaving the stadium by the back door.

The cops were all wearing protective eyewear ready to capsicum spray everyone. I said to one of them 'what are you wearing all that stuff for, this isn't AFL or the cricket' and he looked at me like he was going to spray me!

Was pretty insane at half time, there were about 10-15 of them lined up in the entrance to the bay looking like something from a South American game or road tunnel protest. Wish I had my camera on me.

This was my first ever game I DID leave early for. Enough was enough. 3-0 down with 10 men? As if. I beat the crowd and didn't have anyone in blue rubbing it in my face I stayed till the very end and was hoping JA was going to get closer then his safe 20mtrs from the boundary as few of us were waving him on.

He wasn't silly and kept his distance.

Missed opportunity.

If we all collectively chanted he would have heard us. As well as the board, media and players. We could have created the opportunity!

Here you go. Took a photo. Have a look at the number of security for yarraside vs other enddeta7a8y.jpgbuse8uze.jpgSent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Expected.

1 -we lost, frustrated, angry

2 -ugly scenes with those tards getting belted

3 -few near "misses" as few ppl in active had varying levels of opinions during the game where AGC had to step in.

Here you go. Took a photo. Have a look at the number of security for yarraside vs other enddeta7a8y.jpgbuse8uze.jpgSent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Expected.

3 -few near "misses" as few ppl in active had varying levels of opinions during the game where AGC had to step in.

Errrr. That was before the game.

Expected.

Aren't these photos pre kick off? That would negate all your reasons

not an unexpected result .... and another step closer to the inevitable (i hope we get there soon!)

Wasn't displeased with how we played for the first 20 ... good to see a slightly different set up that was marginally more attacking (purely as a result of HK & NK in the midfield). Probably worth stating that it was Hoff's best game for the club ... but I would still play Walker.

Once we went down a man we were never going to get anything from the game...and Redders .... too many mistakes. He can make a good theatrical save, but he is in no way a complete goalie. He needs to work on his total game and should spend some time in reserve, which will be a good incentive for him to improve.

In terms of the atmosphere / crowd, if empty seats in the key fixture for our season doesnt send a message to the board, then I dont know what will.

The most horrible thing about it all was we had no come back to the tards... we're crap, we know it & they know it.

Expected.

Point 3 - I asked an AGC staff what was happening (when the Victory fan was set upon), he said not sure as I didnt see but said two MH were involved in a scuffle and one punched the other. Can anyone confirm this?

Expected.

Point 3 - I asked an AGC staff what was happening (when the Victory fan was set upon), he said not sure as I didnt see but said two MH were involved in a scuffle and one punched the other. Can anyone confirm this?

Can confirm this is complete bullshit :up:

Expected.

3 -few near "misses" as few ppl in active had varying levels of opinions during the game where AGC had to step in.Point 3 - I asked an AGC staff what was happening (when the Victory fan was set upon), he said not sure as I didnt see but said two MH were involved in a scuffle and one punched the other. Can anyone confirm this?

Can confirm this is complete bullshit :up: Yeah he looked like a typical uneducated shit talking Arab

Edited by Tony999

Expected.

3 -few near "misses" as few ppl in active had varying levels of opinions during the game where AGC had to step in. Point 3 - I asked an AGC staff what was happening (when the Victory fan was set upon), he said not sure as I didnt see but said two MH were involved in a scuffle and one punched the other. Can anyone confirm this? Can confirm this is complete bullshit :up: Yeah he looked like a typical uneducated shit talking Arab

any chance of rephrasing that without the racial vilification? 

• Like 2

I actually found the AGC boys to be pretty good.

I was speaking to them pretty frequently about moving the Victory fans out of our area, which to their credit they actually attempted to do a couple of times but as they advised me later it's hard to move someone who paid for a ticket.

No issues with them for this game.

Edited by King Malta
  • Like 2

We've become a bit of a laughing stock.

It was pretty bad when I heard jokes about us on the radio while driving to the game.

For example: there was cross over to an "expert" on SEN who gave the team news which went along the lines of:

"Heart's team is the same as it has had all year. Up front is Missed Chances. In the back four is Belief in Heart and on the bench is Support From the Board. Heart are looking for a big game today from Houdini who will be starting."

not an unexpected result .... and another step closer to the inevitable (i hope we get there soon!)

Wasn't displeased with how we played for the first 20 ... good to see a slightly different set up that was marginally more attacking (purely as a result of HK & NK in the midfield). Probably worth stating that it was Hoff's best game for the club ... but I would still play Walker.

Once we went down a man we were never going to get anything from the game...and Redders .... too many mistakes. He can make a good theatrical save, but he is in no way a complete goalie. He needs to work on his total game and should spend some time in reserve, which will be a good incentive for him to improve.

In terms of the atmosphere / crowd, if empty seats in the key fixture for our season doesnt send a message to the board, then I dont know what will.

The most horrible thing about it all was we had no come back to the tards... we're crap, we know it & they know it.

I agree fully with what your have said there about redders. His ball distrubution is the worst in the league and it was only a matter of time before it cost is a goal. I know that he can make a good save but this year some of the goals he has let in have been horrible.

It was pretty bad when I heard jokes about us on the radio while driving to the game.

For example: there was cross over to an "expert" on SEN who gave the team news which went along the lines of:

"Heart's team is the same as it has had all year. Up front is Missed Chances. In the back four is Belief in Heart and on the bench is Support From the Board. Heart are looking for a big game today from Houdini who will be starting."

SEN interviewed Aloisi?

A bit?

Mate we have become a complete joke and the worst thing is we can't defend ourselves.

We are a joke. Those in charge have made sure of that.

FWIW my take on the match on the morning after...

Cynically pleased that the attendance was lower than previously. Good kick in the teeth for whoever came up with the ludicrous idea of making GA members pay to reserve seats.

Thought we went fairly well in the first 20. Kewell showed his class with one delightful pass inside the full-back for Williams to run on to. The Kisnorbo tackle was stupid, and even more so was Aloisi's substitution of Gerhardt for Mifsud. MM had had a couple of nice runs forward and IMO should have stayed on. Dugandzic should have come off - he did nothing all day and couldn't win a tackle in an Under-10's match.

While we kept coming forward we still looked as though we could make a fight of it but then came that moment of madness with the unnecessary pass back to Redmayne and we're a goal down. Redders has followed the rest of the players downwards IMO - yes a couple of fingertip saves but he's way below what he was when he took over from Bolton last season. Almost every time we passed the ball backwards we started to run into trouble.

Even when 3-0 down we could have come back - a good team would have done, but there was seemingly no extra effort from anyone. In the last few minutes Kalmar, Williams and Dugandzic all spurned opportunities. Williams didn't even pull the trigger - instead passed to Murdocca who hasn't scored for about 20 years. Dugandzic could have tried a volley but didn't pull the trigger either. What really pissed me off was to see Williams, Golgol and Dugandzic all in a line across the field waiting for the lofted through ball and not one of them going into the vast open space in midfield behind them.

Overall I expected the result. The table doesn't lie, but in reality MV are not that good a team. At 3-0 they blew several chances and it could easily have been 6-0 or 7-0.

As for Heart? On the field IMO half the players are just going though the motions. Several are aerobically not fit enough to be A-League players and shouldn't be there. No-one is playing anywhere near their potential - I'd find it hard to give anyone more than 4/10.

The fans are demoralised, no doubt about that. Plenty of red and white in the stands but you can't "believe" for ever.

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 2

I took my boys down to the active area after the game and clapped the players. As I have voiced on here and to the club, I have had enough with what has been dished up this season and the lack of respect towards our supporters over the past two seasons.

When the "Aloisi out" chant started I removed my boys from being associated with it. Wrong time, wrong environment as our players had just ran their guts out again and deserved our support regardless of the outcome, although I share others frustration.

Yes, the result was poor as has been the case all season. If there was to be an organised protest I would be in favour of it. Change is needed and now.