Melbourne Football

Get Jacob Burns!!!

AntiScum

We need to go back to what we stand for, Burns is a dirty and cynical footballer in the Muscat mould (without his ability), is 35 and can't add anything to the possession football all the fans want our club to play. Remember we have Engelaar coming back and have extended Migliorini's deal, what would he add over the midfielders we already have? We are sure to sign him and probably Carney as well. 

I'm resigned to seeing nothing of Garruccio, Mitchinson, Vrankovic or any NYL team player and little more of walker, Retre and Mauk whilst Aloisi remains coach until the end of next season.

• Like 1

We all know he is a scumbag, and we would hate to see him in the Red and White. But...

This bloke has a bit of talent left in him. I've watched him closely in every Perth match (that I have watched) and despite his uncontrollable aggression, which by the way is sorely needed in our midfield, he keeps the ball and plays some nice forward passes. At the start of his career, he wasn't actually a bad midfielder. I'm not saying he was anything more than an average Aussie footballer, but he always had that edge over his peers. He runs hard and is quite strong too. Tackles hard and tackles well. I rate him as a player, more so as a captain and a leader, but he would do wonders for our gutless midfield.

Imagine him in the derby. His age and lack of pace is a big question mark though, especially in a team supposedly focused on developing youth. Also, he recently signed a long contract with Perth (three seasons?), so I doubt he would leave.

I'd take him for the rest of the season. He'd give our midfield some teeth.

Edited by Harrison