Melbourne Football

After Aloisi, who's next ?

Puertoboca

The majority believe (of which I am one) that it is time for Aloisi to fall on his sword, but who is the person best equipped to replace him?

For me I think it would be a perfect fit for Miron Bleiburg - tough talking, no nonsense boss. Likes his teams to play attractive football already experienced in A-League, high achiever with low rated club (perfect fit with Heart).

Your thoughts...

My thoughts are that if your a genuine supporter then you should have seen the other 10 topics already open for aloisi and shouldn't feel the need to open another one.

My thoughts are also that if your just a troll then your probably some cunt from victory that should fuck off back to your own forum and stop wasting time on oppositions forums.

Welcome aboard buddy!!

Edited by n i k o

My thoughts are that if your a genuine supporter then you should have seen the other 10 topics already open for aloisi and shouldn't feel the need to open another one.

My thoughts are also that if your just a troll then your probably some cunt from victory that should fuck off back to your own forum and stop wasting time on oppositions forums.

Welcome aboard buddy!!

OP has 4 posts, don't think he has been around too long

Yes not made many comments in last few years and obviously a troll!!

Thanks guys, but a foundation member who is sick of the slide into mediocrity this team and club has been in since JA has been at the reigns.

Over it and want to look forward to a positive fresh start, not sure who will be able to achieve this within our clubs budget whilst trying to re-capture the vision Heart once had for the beautiful game and one that promoted youth.

I think the majority are with you in that regard but surely you have seen the other threads on the same topic. If mods merge this for me:

Interim for this season would be JVS. I think where we are at he would be perfect to lay a new foundation on the path we intended. So get rid of the guys who won't be with us for the future, blood and develop kids and play an attacking game with no fear in losing. Get a good vibe back into the team and fan base.

Then take a real process interviewing a number of potential candidates like Arthur Papas, Mark Rudan, Ante if he will listen to us, Miron, and approach overseas candidates. Have clear wants in what we have to achieve. Our values and principles need to return and a mandate be set for points that are set in stone.

Reading up on all potential achievable targets Papas seems the best candidate long term.

• Like 2

I think the majority are with you in that regard but surely you have seen the other threads on the same topic. If mods merge this for me:

Interim for this season would be JVS. I think where we are at he would be perfect to lay a new foundation on the path we intended. So get rid of the guys who won't be with us for the future, blood and develop kids and play an attacking game with no fear in losing. Get a good vibe back into the team and fan base.

Then take a real process interviewing a number of potential candidates like Arthur Papas, Mark Rudan, Ante if he will listen to us, Miron, and approach overseas candidates. Have clear wants in what we have to achieve. Our values and principles need to return and a mandate be set for points that are set in stone.

Reading up on all potential achievable targets Papas seems the best candidate long term.

I think Papas is almost perfect for the role, and I'd throw him in now. Let him work out what personnel he wants on HIS list, not JD's, ala Ange at Brisbane. The man is ready. For once, make the smart call MHFC.

• Like 1

Papas did raise mention before JA was appointed, agree that he has qualities that we need for long term, have we (club & supporters alike) got patience after the last 18 months debacle.

Happy to cease thread, can you suggest which one to switch to?

The fans will have patience if they have a reason to be excited. A good start would be appointing a young, ambitious coach who knows the Australian game, will develop youth and has served a successful apprenticeship.

Yeah agree, he seems to be a man waiting to prove himself at a higher level, has a vision and philosophy that made him coach of the year after only one full season in VPL. Not sure it would cost much to get him out of India and has great knowledge of local game and youngsters ripe for the jump into the A-League i.e Goodwin.

I think Papas is almost perfect for the role, and I'd throw him in now. Let him work out what personnel he wants on HIS list, not JD's, ala Ange at Brisbane. The man is ready. For once, make the smart call MHFC.

Maybe but surely he will have things to finish and moving mid season would be disruptive.

I agree with you though he seems perfect for the role. Let him bring in his own team also. Sack JD and Foxe.

I think he would be perfect for us.

Would it be seen as a move forward or backward? Majority of fans would probably expect and accept bigger name to stabilize ship, in the ilk of Miron? 

But I agree make a bold statement and go with Papas, re-affirm community and youth approach with attacking attractive football. Would rather that than accept current feeling of slow death by way of bleeding by internal hemorrhage. 

Would it be seen as a move forward or backward? Majority of fans would probably expect and accept bigger name to stabilize ship, in the ilk of Miron? 

But I agree make a bold statement and go with Papas, re-affirm community and youth approach with attacking attractive football. Would rather that than accept current feeling of slow death by way of bleeding by internal hemorrhage. 

But doesn't Papas have a contract in India?

But doesn't Papas have a contract in India?

All contracts can be terminated - just depends on the terms.

IIRC Arthur Papas' name was put forward by fans at the time via Twitter. The response from Munn was to the effect that "he's welcome to apply if he wants to" - something like that. Which you can interpret any way you like, but my take on it was"piss off we're not interested." As we now know, the process was a sham.

Papas had already been poached from us by Newcastle as an Assistant Coach. Showing that he was respected by others, if not by the Heart's administration.

Milicic will never come back after the shabby way he was treated by Munn - not while the current administration remains anyway.

Along with the re-commitment to our fundamental values, Papas would be ideal. Bold and visionary.

Mike Phelan has lifted the lid on Sir Alex Ferguson's last few seasons as Manchester United, and as assistant manager for half a decade the 51-year-old had a front-row seat and has now provided a fascinating insight in to how things were run at the club.

The former United right back, who graduated to become Ferguson's right-hand man at Old Trafford for five years until the Scot finally retired in the summer, suggests that he took charge of most of the first-team responsibilities himself, albeit "undercover", while the 71-year-old took the plaudits.

Phelan is now looking for work as a manager – rather than assistant – having been let go as Ferguson's successor, David Moyes, sought to stamp his authority on his new regime and sever ties with the old rule. It is a role he feels he is more than able to excel at, having effectively been in charge of first-team operations at United for so long, he believes."My first thoughts are to be the boss," Phelan told the Daily Mail, having been asked about a return to football. "It’s the progression for me now. That’s what I’ve been doing for the last five years, albeit with the title of assistant boss.

"[Ferguson] was the head of the establishment, there’s no doubt about it and rightly so. He didn’t get to where he’s got through not being a big decision maker but he’ll be the first to admit that a lot of people played their part in that.

"We all were undercover in that respect. We weren’t the face of what was going on but that was our job."

Phelan, winner of one England cap, insists that he is "more than capable of handling" decision making at added: "It’s a case now that if the opportunity comes up to be a boss then I’ll have a look at it. [My qualities] have been shown there (at Manchester United)."

Additionally, Phelan revealed in the Daily Mirror earlier in November that Ferguson used to make key choices by the toss of a coin.

"Part of my job was to hold him back because he could come out with some very strange decisions at times," Phelan said. "I had to guide him through them and I managed to do that.

"It’s one of the hardest things for a manager to say to a player that they’re not involved in a particular game after a hard week’s training.

"But he would toss a coin at times in situations like that. Big managers have to make big decisions and over a period of more than 20 years he made more right decisions than he did wrong ones."

This guy would be Perfict! Come to Oz and show us just how good you are, by taking Heart from last to first!!

• Like 2

Mike Phelan has lifted the lid on Sir Alex Ferguson's last few seasons as Manchester United, and as assistant manager for half a decade the 51-year-old had a front-row seat and has now provided a fascinating insight in to how things were run at the club.

The former United right back, who graduated to become Ferguson's right-hand man at Old Trafford for five years until the Scot finally retired in the summer, suggests that he took charge of most of the first-team responsibilities himself, albeit "undercover", while the 71-year-old took the plaudits.

Phelan is now looking for work as a manager – rather than assistant – having been let go as Ferguson's successor, David Moyes, sought to stamp his authority on his new regime and sever ties with the old rule. It is a role he feels he is more than able to excel at, having effectively been in charge of first-team operations at United for so long, he believes."My first thoughts are to be the boss," Phelan told the Daily Mail, having been asked about a return to football. "It’s the progression for me now. That’s what I’ve been doing for the last five years, albeit with the title of assistant boss.

"[Ferguson] was the head of the establishment, there’s no doubt about it and rightly so. He didn’t get to where he’s got through not being a big decision maker but he’ll be the first to admit that a lot of people played their part in that.

"We all were undercover in that respect. We weren’t the face of what was going on but that was our job."

Phelan, winner of one England cap, insists that he is "more than capable of handling" decision making at added: "It’s a case now that if the opportunity comes up to be a boss then I’ll have a look at it. [My qualities] have been shown there (at Manchester United)."

Additionally, Phelan revealed in the Daily Mirror earlier in November that Ferguson used to make key choices by the toss of a coin.

"Part of my job was to hold him back because he could come out with some very strange decisions at times," Phelan said. "I had to guide him through them and I managed to do that.

"It’s one of the hardest things for a manager to say to a player that they’re not involved in a particular game after a hard week’s training.

"But he would toss a coin at times in situations like that. Big managers have to make big decisions and over a period of more than 20 years he made more right decisions than he did wrong ones."

This guy would be Perfict! Come to Oz and show us just how good you are, by taking Heart from last to first!!

I like your post BUT, i think you are dreaming the guy wants to manage at the highest level not some obscure league in Australia and i am not denegrating the a- league but the higher levels of English football think that the world ends at the English Channel.

Is Aloisi sacked yet or am I the only one that thinks a draw at home with the worst side is not acceptable?

Judging it on twitter some fans seem to think everything is rosy now. These fans who seem to think they are what I call the brainwashed. Unable to think for themselves and will believe everything coming out of the club.

That first half was a disgrace. We got absolutely lucky. Yet people are happy.

Sigh.

Aloisi aand the board out.

• Like 4

Is Aloisi sacked yet or am I the only one that thinks a draw at home with the worst side is not acceptable?

Judging it on twitter some fans seem to think everything is rosy now. These fans who seem to think they are what I call the brainwashed. Unable to think for themselves and will believe everything coming out of the club.

That first half was a disgrace. We got absolutely lucky. Yet people are happy.

Sigh.

Aloisi aand the board out.

We scored some goals for a change, can't we just be happy for a little bit before we turn into negative kunts :)

No, everything is not rosy. And I agree that JA should be moved on. But today was the first time I've seen the Heart come back from being two goals down (have we ever done it before?), and for the first time for over a season that I've really seen us fight like good teams do every week. And I think we do have to recognise that. Perhaps that's why there are some positive comments going around.

• Like 3

25 minutes of good passionate football doesn't make a season. It does however show that we have players who can damage the opposition.

I have nothing against JA, in fact I like him, however the team structure is generally poor as are the results. It is time for Heart to get a manager for the long term who can restore the club to it's original ideals and bring us the results we all desire.

• Like 2