Melbourne Football

Matchday Thread

mus-28

It's not really any different to a professional foul, should be a mandatory yellow.

Why do people go to games? To see goals or see professional fouls? If you made it a mandatory red for a professional foul the game would open up and we'd see a lot more goals. I just don't think teams should be advantaged by deliberately breaking the rules.

It's not really any different to a professional foul, should be a mandatory yellow.

Why do people go to games? To see goals or see professional fouls? If you made it a mandatory red for a professional foul the game would open up and we'd see a lot more goals. I just don't think teams should be advantaged by deliberately breaking the rules.

I get what you're saying, but I see football as more than just the goals. It's a contest and in some instances, you want to do all that you can to win no matter the cost (including rugby tackles) and that struggle to do whatever it takes to win is part of the appeal for me anyway. 

But of course, acts such as those should be penalised.

Nice seeing such a big crowd in Perth, I do hate them but they're great for the league and pretty enjoyable to watch as a mutual this season.

12 thousand. Personally I think it's a little poor. Perth is a club with the longest history in the A-League. They're top of the table, just qualified for the FFA Cup Final, perfect weather, perfect time slot and playing the Asian Champions. I would have thought they would have been aiming for 15 thousand.

imagine if our 36 spastic scouts could find someone half as good as keogh 

lol you can find a Keogh by just watching the 1st or 2nd Diviison in England........the last time I saw him playing was for Wolves and he wasn't ripping up any tree's then.

the scouts can find them but it is convincing them to come that may be the problem.

I've got a short memory, but has the league been stretched out like this before so early in the season - 17 points between top and bottom?

I am with you jw.  My memory of every season is its been tight.  At times there has been teams that weren't at the boat races (eg Knights, Aloisi's Heart) but overall the league table has been compact.  This breakaway top 4 (with Perth up front getting 3 points week in/week out) is different.  Even when Brisbane shredded the league first time around they took a while to get going that year.