Melbourne Football

Round 2 | 19th of October | Melbourne VS CCM

Jimmy

First home game of the year and a good chance to see how much we've really improved over the off season. There's no excuses for JA and the players not to try and take this game by the scruff of the neck and push for the three points.

I'm expecting a strong crowd for this game if our early membership sales are anything to go by so a positive performance is even more vital.

Kick off is 5:30PM

• Like 1

Excited to be back at AAMI. We got 8 wins and a draw there last season, so hopefully like ThePolo says we can keep it a fortress. The Mariners are a bit of a bogey team for us though, so it should be interesting.

The Mariners are a defensive side, and they only had 47% possession at home to the Wanderers this weekend. So there's no reason for us not to try and take the game by the scuff of the neck.

I'm sure I speak for many when saying that I miss standing with Yarraside at AAMI Park. The 7 month period away from it was too long. Hope the attendance is no less than 7k and if we play well and get the win this week and the couple of weeks away from home after, the next home game (WSW) could get well over 8-9k.

I was looking forward to seeing Mifsud play but if he actually does arrive Friday night then there'll probably be no chance of seeing him. But if e can get firing against Brisbane and Perth, we will have an exciting season ahead.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/a-league/harry-kewell-is-in-doubt-for-melbourne-hearts-clash-with-central-coast-after-suffering-whiplash/story-e6frf4gl-1226739422649

HARRY Kewell is in doubt for Melbourne Heart's clash with champions Central Coast on Saturday after suffering whiplash in the Melbourne derby.

Kewell lasted just 68 minutes of the Round 1 derby after feeling the effects of the ball cannoning into him from a Pablo Contreras clearance and Adrian Leijer’s accidental forearm, which required stitches.

Heart will almost certainly be without Michael Mifsud, who won’t return from international duty until late Friday as he’s due to play a World Cup qualifier against Denmark on Wednesday.

Mifsud celebrated his 100th cap for Malta by scoring although his team lost 4-1 to Czech Republic, while winger Mate Dugandzic has been cleared for Round 2 after succumbing to cramp.

"Michael probably won’t be available and Harry’s pretty sore and sorry at present and we’re not ruling him in or out, we’ll see how he goes day by day," Heart football operations manager John Didulica said.

"If he can do some serious training closer to the game he might be a chance but with neck and head injuries it’s not an area you want to take risks with."

Hopefully big H gets up, I'd rather not play Kalmar unless we absolutely have to.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/a-league/harry-kewell-is-in-doubt-for-melbourne-hearts-clash-with-central-coast-after-suffering-whiplash/story-e6frf4gl-1226739422649

HARRY Kewell is in doubt for Melbourne Heart's clash with champions Central Coast on Saturday after suffering whiplash in the Melbourne derby.

Kewell lasted just 68 minutes of the Round 1 derby after feeling the effects of the ball cannoning into him from a Pablo Contreras clearance and Adrian Leijer’s accidental forearm, which required stitches.

Heart will almost certainly be without Michael Mifsud, who won’t return from international duty until late Friday as he’s due to play a World Cup qualifier against Denmark on Wednesday.

Mifsud celebrated his 100th cap for Malta by scoring although his team lost 4-1 to Czech Republic, while winger Mate Dugandzic has been cleared for Round 2 after succumbing to cramp.

"Michael probably won’t be available and Harry’s pretty sore and sorry at present and we’re not ruling him in or out, we’ll see how he goes day by day," Heart football operations manager John Didulica said.

"If he can do some serious training closer to the game he might be a chance but with neck and head injuries it’s not an area you want to take risks with."

Hopefully big H gets up, I'd rather not play Kalmar unless we absolutely have to.

It would be stupid IMO to rush either of them back and risk further absences. Utterly stupid. We have a sound squad and this is where the others have to stand up and be counted. 

I really hope Kewell plays at least 60 minutes...

It be great to get a good start to the season for once and to have four points from two matches.

We had that last year... 

True, but game 2 was against Wellington Youth Team and we still fucked it up (Colosimo ffs, not gonna miss that cunt).

I really hope Kewell plays at least 60 minutes...

It be great to get a good start to the season for once and to have four points from two matches.

We had that last year... 

True, but game 2 was against Wellington Youth Team and we still fucked it up (Colosimo ffs, not gonna miss that cunt).

Thats what I meant...

I don't see why Kewell wouldn't start.  A few stitches in the noggin won't hurt his legs and I can't see any "medium term risks" assoicated with that.  He can wear one of those stupid looking (and that's being nice) headbands that Rooney is profiling if he's worried.

He came off complaining of neurological pain in his back/legs according to JA press conference. Would think he would recover in time but with the whispers about hamstring tightness a couple weeks ago I'm not so sure what to believe.