Melbourne Football

Michael Mifsud

Tommykins

He spends most of the game offside and is too shy to pull the trigger and we he does they are off target, he just doesn't have what it takes currently.

We have better guys to take his spot 

Tell me who? If you're going to keep bagging Mifsud, fair enough. But include a few more to even it up. Ramsay was equally culpable - hashed two chances. Dugandzic made no impact whatsoever and hasn't all season. Williams just blazes away. The snails in my garden move faster than Kalmar.

The list goes on. Fact is Aloisi has selected a squad that simply isn't good enough to be anywhere other than it is. The table after almost one-third of the season doesn't lie.

• Like 2

He just never looks well balanced when he's over the ball and for someone that small I'm surprised how he struggles with keeping the ball close to his feet when trying to dribble defenders. The ball is at one foot too far in front of him every time he has it.

It's because we don't play with a size 4. Fix that and the goals will flow.

He spends most of the game offside and is too shy to pull the trigger and we he does they are off target, he just doesn't have what it takes currently.

Tell me who? If you're going to keep bagging Mifsud, fair enough. But include a few more to even it up. Ramsay was equally culpable - hashed two chances. Dugandzic made no impact whatsoever and hasn't all season. Williams just blazes away. The snails in my garden move faster than Kalmar.

The list goes on. Fact is Aloisi has selected a squad that simply isn't good enough to be anywhere other than it is. The table after almost one-third of the season doesn't lie.

I agree, others have not done anything impressive at all.

The names you listed above are class below where they once where and what we would expect from them this season.

The names you listed above are class below where they once where and what we would expect from them this season.

Well i guess we are screwed then as it appears we have no one that can play forward!

Well i guess we are screwed then as it appears we have no one that can play forward!

Yes there is

I'm afraid you're right. Macallister also offers nothing - in the pre-season he was totally ineffective against Oakleigh, which was the last time I saw him play.

Despite my comments above, if we're not going to persist with Mifsud (who I think is the best option - since he's been with us he's played three times with Malta and scored twice) then in fact I would play Williams. It's where he wants to play, and always has, and I'd have someone on the coaching staff spending a lot of time with him getting his balance right when shooting. Other than that we have to cut loose one or more of our injury-prone players and go out and find someone new. We're going to have to do that for next year anyway, as we have so many players coming out of contract.

I'm pissed off with us under-performing, but provided we're already looking at options for re-building ready for next season, I won't feel so bad. But we have to cut out this "saviour" mentality that JA has and is now seeping through to the fans - "we'll be fine just as soon as so-and-so comes back from injury." Last season it was Fred and Grella. This season it's Kewell and Engelaar.

The other reason we're in the shit is because we've abandoned our youth development value. Each season we sign a striker who is "going to take the league by storm." Last season Tadic, this season Mifsud. Hasn't worked. Where's the young striker coming through from our youth team?

I know I'm having a rant but JA just doesn't believe in youth. It was inevitable that it was Walker he left out of yesterday's squad. Instead he played Gerhardt who gave Adelaide's left wing acres of space all day.

Rant over.

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 2

last year 2 things I thought were working well for us were Behich and Walker on wings.

they offered great runs forward, took players on and made us look good.

This year Behich is a shadow of himself, appears hesitant at times and makes silly mistakes, last year I would have given him 8/10. Today he barely scores 5/10

the other side is a debacle full stop.

Walker, half as good as he was last season.

Hoffman is just Hoffman nothing to be excited about

Now Gerhard??? who is next....Ticker perhaps

none of it is working and the opposition is taking advantage of it and will continue to do so.

last year 2 things I thought were working well for us were Behich and Walker on wings.

This year Behich is a shadow of himself, appears hesitant at times and makes silly mistakes, last year I would have given him 8/10. Today he barely scores 5/10

none of it is working and the opposition is taking advantage of it and will continue to do so.

I dont remember Behich and Walker playing that many games together last season...

Regardless I agree that Behich is way out of form and TBH was always heavily overated by Heart fans in the first place.

Aye, Ticker.

I dont remember Behich and Walker playing that many games together last season...

Regardless I agree that Behich is way out of form and TBH was always heavily overated by Heart fans in the first place.

it was only early in the season as he then left for Turkey....now he plays like one.

Ill expect a bending over for this post but fuck it

Cant defend his performance yesterday. Was a little deflating to say the least, BUT we can all talk about how he missed a couple of clear chances, but at the end of the day, he is working his way into dangerous positions and you cant say the same for a few others in the squad.

Don't remember Dugandzic or Ramsey having a great game with Ramsey spraying a chance miles over the bar. Plus I remember this time last week a fair few were giving it to Migliorini about his performances, but now that he's scored 2 crackers, people are back on board the Migs Train.

Again im not defending his performance yesterday, BUT seriously some of the dribble of shit from some people needs to be wiped off some peoples mouths.

• Like 2

I think Williams should be playing as the striker, not Mifsud. 

I like Mifsuds intensity, and it looks like he tries hard, but he just isn't very good. He is too often offside, too often pushed off the ball, too often loses possession when he chooses to dribble, too small to have any impact anywhere other than along the ground, and despite having had numerous shots in his 6 or so games with us, including some very very good chances, I can only remember one shot on target, where he got it right infront of the keeper by himself and blasted it into the keeper. 

I'd drop Mifsud to the bench at best, and seriously consider putting him in the youth side for a week to try and get the goals flowing. 

I'd choose Williams ahead of him because unlike the other options (Macallister and Gol Gol) he has pace, works hard, constantly works to get in better positions and unlike Mifsud can get behind defences without being offside. His shooting is very hit and miss I admit, but I don't think it's any worse than the other blokes, and he has shown he will pull the trigger which is something too many of our players are reluctant to do. 

Gol Gol is very talented, but he was recruited from a park and it shows. Lots of technical skills, but very little awareness, very little work ethic and very rarely does he use his attributes like his pace. I like him, but he isn't the man to be our striker.  

Cant defend his performance yesterday. Was a little deflating to say the least, BUT we can all talk about how he missed a couple of clear chances, but at the end of the day, he is working his way into dangerous positions and you cant say the same for a few others in the squad.

Don't remember Dugandzic or Ramsey having a great game with Ramsey spraying a chance miles over the bar. Plus I remember this time last week a fair few were giving it to Migliorini about his performances, but now that he's scored 2 crackers, people are back on board the Migs Train.

Again im not defending his performance yesterday, BUT seriously some of the dribble of shit from some people needs to be wiped off some peoples mouths.

I agree with you' I'd persist with him. Everytime we talk about him it reminds me of Torres at Chelsea, until Mourinho came along it looked like he'd totally lost jis scoring mojo (and was poor enough to be signed by us). A good coach and he's shining again. He is certainly in need of some goals but his positioning is generally good and that's a good skill in a striker. I suspect if we actually got the ball into the box more often we'd find him on the scoresheet.

• Like 2

I agree with you' I'd persist with him. Everytime we talk about him it reminds me of Torres at Chelsea, until Mourinho came along it looked like he'd totally lost jis scoring mojo (and was poor enough to be signed by us). A good coach and he's shining again. He is certainly in need of some goals but his positioning is generally good and that's a good skill in a striker. I suspect if we actually got the ball into the box more often we'd find him on the scoresheet.

Well after watching the interview JA did after the game on Shootout, i think he will stick with him.

Aloisi being a striker himself, he would know the hardest part is working yourself into a position to score and with Michael's proven record with Malta, JA knows that he can finish.

A strikers confidence is very easy to lose or gain. One good game and he can be on top of the world and couple of bad ones can see him drop off in form big time. Torres like you said, is a perfect example of that.

He'll come good.

Well after watching the interview JA did after the game on Shootout, i think he will stick with him.

Aloisi being a striker himself, he would know the hardest part is working yourself into a position to score and with Michael's proven record with Malta, JA knows that he can finish.

A strikers confidence is very easy to lose or gain. One good game and he can be on top of the world and couple of bad ones can see him drop off in form big time. Torres like you said, is a perfect example of that.

He'll come good.

Yeah and I'll get a root before that happens

He'll come good.

hope you'll come good too then :)

Ball in the box lol first they need to control the ball that's taken a one way flight from gerhardt to mifsud

yes I know that I'm being overambitious expecting a ball delivered on the ground into the box under our current coaching regime, but when it happens he's likely to score and if he doesn't then someone else will. The reality is that most goals are scored from zone 14 and inside the box, we have the lowest box penetration stats in the league, you never score if you can't penetrate the box (we all know that!!)

Ball in the box lol first they need to control the ball that's taken a one way flight from gerhardt to mifsud

yes I know that I'm being overambitious expecting a ball delivered on the ground into the box under our current coaching regime, but when it happens he's likely to score and if he doesn't then someone else will. The reality is that most goals are scored from zone 14 and inside the box, we have the lowest box penetration stats in the league, you never score if you can't penetrate the box (we all know that!!)

love your work

He'll come good.

Well i dont know how much of an effort it is for you to get your end in.

Maybe you need a little "Flores Flavour"

He'll come good.

Well i dont know how much of an effort it is for you to get your end in.

Maybe you need a little "Flores Flavour"

Mate me and the missus are in our 50's .... things stop happening after a while ..... i vaguely remember what it was like ..... and I'm also talking about a win for the Melbourne Heart ! :lol:

Edited by japiedog
  • Like 2

I believe the French have a little story about marriage. When you get married you put an empty lolly jar on the bedside cabinet, and every time you score you put a lolly in it. After your first anniversary, every time you score you take a lolly out of it. The story goes that the jar never gets empty...

• Like 1

I believe the French have a little story about marriage. When you get married you put an empty lolly jar on the bedside cabinet, and every time you score you put a lolly in it. After your first anniversary, every time you score you take a lolly out of it. The story goes that the jar never gets empty...

there are a few variations on that story... when I was young, i thought it was all BS..... but now with wisdom of age and hindsight...................

there are a few variations on that story... when I was young, i thought it was all BS..... but now with wisdom of age and hindsight...................

its just as well, as we age our metabolism cant deal with the sweets as well, not to mention the increasing risk of type 2 diabetes. 

• Like 2

Then you have a kid and it gets even worse! Then you look forward to the next home game just so you can get your frustrations out...and no I don't mean in the toilets! :P

its just as well, as we age our metabolism cant deal with the sweets as well, not to mention the increasing risk of type 2 diabetes.

I owe you each a LIKE !!

I'll be back later

unless this guy dramatically improves we should discard him at season's end and throw whatever it takes at Berisha. 

i mean, i hate Berisha as much as the next guy, but he will guarantee goals - and we've lacked that since our very first season imho. 

Haha they are smart people.

I agree when kids come, party tends to stop occurring at the same frequency.

Need a thread on sex therapy LOL :) :) ;)

Maybe we could have a slogan like "When HeartFC score, YOU SCORE! "

Shit, maybe that means lean spells as well :(

Would be a good way of boosting numbers, we'd have 3000 junkies hanging around the Yarra end each week in hope
  • Like 1