Melbourne Football

Orlando Engelaar

Murfy1

If there´s one thing good players like, it´s seeing even better players arrive.. So it´s possible than he will come back I guess.

Just imagine, Engelaar and Duff as visa players in the cap, Lampard marquee.

Can that really happen? Not to mention the addition of an Australian marquee to that.

It'd be quite remarkable, really. Imagine if this was a thing that actually happened. Cannot deal.

Actually add Kennedy or Bresciano.

Duff, Lampard, Mauk, Engelaar in the midfield with Villa and Kennedy up front.

Out of control.

and mooy

This seems to be the main Dutch article on Engelaar that came out overnight:

“Doubt whether I want to be another year so far from home”

05 June 2014

The chances are minimal that Orlando Engelaar in the new season playing for Melbourne City. “I see what my options are. “

The contract of the fourteen-time Dutch national team-player has recently ended and concrete talks on an extended collaboration have yet to take place.

“The agreement is that we will soon start talking again," says Engelaar in interview with Voetbal International. “There is still nothing definitive decided. But for a while now I doubt if I want to be so far from home another year. “

In addition, the former midfielder of inter alia, NAC Breda, FC Twente and PSV its status as a marquee player in the team of trainer John van 't Schip has lost anyway. With the temporary attracting David Villa is the role of foreign marquee player-a player who falls outside the salary cap-forgiven. Engelaar can only continue if he just as Robbie Wielaert within the salary ceiling.

“Immediately after the takeover of the club by Manchester City (at the beginning of this year, ed.) they have indicated that there were plans for the new season to attract a major foreign player“, know Engelaar, whose input was limited due to a tibial fracture last season to twelve League games.

“Not a problem, since it went to the adventure in Australia especially me. I have never found the financial aspect the most important. I see what my options are. Just maybe I stay though. Or who knows something comes passing by from a stronger League closer to home ...“

Manchester City earlier this year acquired a controlling stake of 80% in Melbourne Heart. Today, the club announced immediately to continue under the name Melbourne City. The red and white shirts in the new season are replaced by blue, the color of The Citizens.

http://www.vi.nl/nieuws/twijfel-of-ik-nog-een-jaar-zo-ver-van-huis-wil-zijn-.htm

(translated with Babelfish)

Hopefully when the club start actually talking with Engelaar, he can be persuaded to sign on for next season inside the salary cap. The idea of Engelaar being in the league for a whole season blows my mind, and I really hope the club can secure him for next season.

Edited by Murfy1

• 2 weeks later...

It might also be a case of Melbourne City holding out talks to figure out first how much money they'll have left in the cap to offer Engelaar.

Once we get to say 21 signed players (inc. INTL, Dom & Youth Marquees) then they might be like, "Okay, we can offer Engelaar $350k-$375k and have $60-85k left over for a local lad or in reserve for the January transfer window."

We used the Engelaar money on Duff.

So, not sure what the option would be, I thought both parties made it clear to part ways after the marquee spot was going to a bigger name.

As far as I have read, this idea is just media speculation. The club hasn't said anything official on the topic.

From the last interview a few weeks ago he was thinking about or waiting for some offers in Europe and he preferred to stay there for family reasons not the cash. I assume if they fall through he has a backup deal on the table here. That's why there's no official word yet from him or the club on him leaving (or staying). Having said all that I don't think that he'll be back.

What would peoples thoughts be on having him even if he comes back as marquee again? I know the expectation for our new marquee is pretty big but he performed outstanding through the matches he did play, and by far our best marquee in our brief history

It really depends on who we have lined up to be honest.

If someone like Lampard or Xavi is on the cards, then I imagine Engelaar will be forgotten about pretty quickly.

Easily the best player we've ever had though, I'd desperately love to keep him.

What would peoples thoughts be on having him even if he comes back as marquee again? I know the expectation for our new marquee is pretty big but he performed outstanding through the matches he did play, and by far our best marquee in our brief history

It really depends on who we have lined up to be honest.

If someone like Lampard or Xavi is on the cards, then I imagine Engelaar will be forgotten about pretty quickly.

Easily the best player we've ever had though, I'd desperately love to keep him.

I would too, some of the best moments came from engelaar last season

• 4 weeks later...

Someone please shoot rockets into my ass

How has the rocket phenomenon not become a terrace classic

I'm forever seeing rockets

Pretty rockets fired in the air

The reach the sky

Explode and Die

While poor Marteaux sits down to cry

Anus prepared and waiting

Come on now fair is fair

Just unleash one big rocket