Melbourne Football

Heart offer JVS coaching role

Murfy1

Anyone speak Dutch? Google translate below:

Thu 25 Jul 2013, 06:33

Melbourne draws to Van 't Schip

From our TelesportredactieA

AMSTERDAM -

John van 't Schip holds an offer from his former club Melbourne Heart under consideration. The Australian Association, where the former Ajax player and coach held sway from 2009 to 2012, the 49-year-old Van 't Schip asked if he also wants the youth development and an advisor will perform around the bench the first team Melbourne Heart.

"I think about it. After I left early this year as head coach at the Mexican Chivas Guadalajara I would like to get back to work in football," Van 't Schip, who also had FC Twente under his wing and four-year assistant was national coach Marco van Basten for the Dutch national team.

Edited by Murfy1

Man, the club is throwing everything they can to make sure the appointment of J.A doesn't become a monumental floop.

Harry Kewell, JVS, Bhich, and there are still 2 international spots left... What else can J.A ask for???

You forgot the re-signing of hoffman.

• Like 1

Some statements from our CEO Scott Munn about Heart bringing in more coaching staff. The first made in late May the second made in late June:

We’re now in a position where we can invest in the football department and we must and I think we’ll see some great appointments.

(http://sportsbusinessinsider.com.au/news/category/financial-and-governance/staying-on-track-melbourne-hearts-mission/)

the CEO added the Red and Whites will give head coach John Aloisi more support in the coming season.

"We're probably going to add a few more staff around him this year and I think that's one of the most important things after last year," Munn said.

"Our board was really clear in investing more money into the football department.

"We didn't do that last year and we'll see more players, a higher spend on salaries and also (more money invested) in the football department."

(http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/news-display/heart-confident-of-retaining-garcia/69586)

I reckon Aloisi could do a solid job with some more good coaching staff around him. Also, I reckon JVS wouldn't undermine Aloisi if JVS' main focus and duty at Heart was youth development. If JVS only became an assistant coach to Aloisi, then I reckon Aloisi could possibly be undermined, but it doesn't sound like that would happen. 

Edited by Murfy1

This would be an excellent investment. I don't know if you could ask for a better youth team coach. While I think his youth focus was a hindrance at times to our first team aspirstions. His ability to spot youth talent cant really be questioned. Imagine what state we would be in if we didnt have the transfer fees from the youth he brought through.

would he undermine Aloisi?

Doubt that JvS would deliberately undermine JA as it would not be in his interest to do so, but if he comes I'd suggest that JA ought to learn the meaning of Mene, Mene, Tekel, Upharsin. 

Bringing back JvS would produce an intriguing set of circumstances for all of Aloisi, Foxe and Palatsides.

Genuinely excited by this if it happens. Has got a great tan, suit hangs off him really cool like, and would compliment JA in the media. Plus yoof development and talent identifcation and a ready made alternative just in case JA fucks up again. Win win win win !!  Make it happen Munn :P

• Like 1

the club needs to pay him a fuck load, embed him at the club and make this long term, not some 1 year shit like they have been doing lately. Also, hire him an assistant that can learn off him so if he leaves again we have a ready replacement.

But in saying that, could turn out to be a great move.

• Like 1

Basically admitting JA is a lemon with all this talk of extra support staff, mentors etc around him.

Don't see any other A-League team doing this to cover up their Head Coach's inadequacies!

Its laughable isn't it?

You are either The Man or you're not.

If Aloisi  thinks he needs a mentor then he should do the decent thing by the club, players and fans and just resign- if he's not up to it, he's not up to it.  Go and coach in the VPL.

Basically admitting JA is a lemon with all this talk of extra support staff, mentors etc around him.

Don't see any other A-League team doing this to cover up their Head Coach's inadequacies!

Its laughable isn't it?

If Aloisi  thinks he needs a mentor then he should do the decent thing by the club, players and fans and just resign- if he's not up to it, he's not up to it.  Go and coach in the VPL.

If this is going to happen more likely the board and Munn are instigating it to give themselves an option if things don't turn around this season.

Its laughable isn't it?

If this is going to happen more likely the board and Munn are instigating it to give themselves an option if things don't turn around this season.

TBH that seems the most likely scneario.  Better to have someone lined up who can seamlessly step in.

The first 8 weeks will be make or break for Aloisi. 

I assume JVS would only be interested in this if he was after a less intensive role than head coach. If that's what he wants then this could be a good fit. His sons still here I think. So maybe a part time role or something with us might work, and help JA and HF.

Here's a new dutch article on JVS coming to Heart:

John van 't Schip looks so far as to re-trainer of the Australian Melbourne Heart, but is willing to act as the club where he served as head coach between October 2009 and April 2012. Consultant The former 49-year-old Orange -international traveling down to Melbourne next week to discuss a possible role as a sounding board for the current trainers and set up youth academy. The option to settle again full time in Melbourne sees Van 't Schip off anyway."Given the conditions, it is not necessary for the job to be there permanently," responds the former Ajax player. "That would be in the future may be the case. But for the present, I prefer to do this work. More on a consultancy basis Three, four times in the season, I could travel to Melbourne, with the bulk of the work can be done in the Netherlands, but we will talk more next week. " 

Since his resignation from the Mexican Chivas Guadalajara early January, Van 't Ship without employer. Afterwards he did speak with some potential employers about various functions, but not concrete. Was this , "If I can do something like Melbourne. I do that If I can do that by visiting a few moments, I am not bound in case something comes my way soon. Otherwise I can only look back on over eight months that I do not find it most convenient. "

(translated: http://translate.google.com.au/translate?hl=en&ie=UTF8&u=http://www.vi.nl/nieuws/244493/Van-t-Schip-Hooguit-als-adviseur-terug-naar-Melbourne.htm)

(original: http://www.vi.nl/nieuws/244493/Van-t-Schip-Hooguit-als-adviseur-terug-naar-Melbourne.htm)

Im repeating myself here a bit but,

IF the club wants this to be a positive move they need to give JVS some ownership of what he is doing. Make him want to be apart of the club, that he is in control of something with a real benefit for the club in the long term. Put alot of money in development of players and let JVS take charge of that, they did say they were going to have the youth team mirror the senior training or even train with them, no idea if they still do it but if they want this model of developing youth they  need to basically make this a long term program with as much money as they can squeeze into it done. No one year fixes, no under funded annoucements. Do it, do it long term and make it count. They have these new Bolton videos about community engagement, well this is probably the best thing the club can do for the 'community'.  They also need to provide clear roles and boundaries within the coaching structure of the club, we are dealing with egos here, so in fact that perhaps could be the critical thing. JA and HF clearly need help I just hope they both realise that and embrace JVS back at the club if this deal happens.