Melbourne Football

Unpopular Opinions That You Have.

xXJawsaXx

People don't have the right to torrent/download copyrighted media just because they don't like how much it costs. Producers of content have a right to charge whatever they want for their product. 

I have no moral qualms about torrent/downloading copyrighted material. When geo-blocking ceases, I'll start paying.

People don't have the right to torrent/download copyrighted media just because they don't like how much it costs. Producers of content have a right to charge whatever they want for their product.

I agree. But if the content owners want to fight piracy through manipulating governments in to put in place legislation and other measures to try and stamp out privacy, rather than updating their business models, then legislation and other measures should also be put in place to increase competition in these industrys. The old business models are dead, and can't be allowed to continue.

I'm probably the strongest advocate and believer in the free market on here, but we live in a society that has accepted that sometimes measures need to be put in place to foster greater competition and deliver better outcomes in our economy, and I don't see why that shouldn't apply to industries such as tv and film.

Generally I buy things, but I will torrent stuff if there is no other option, for example, not all anime gets licensed in Australia, so the only way to get a lot of it is to torrent it, especially subbed stuff.

UOTYH: Anyone that believes shit in the media that comes from 'leading economists' about what will happen with various forms of speculative assets is a fucking moron.

These 'leading economists' are pretty much all employees of banks or other financial institutions and have vested interests in seeing the speculative assets move one way or another, and by talking them up or down they hope to influence the market. For example, it's been like a year now of 'leading economists' saying the AUD will crumble, the whole time i've known they are full of shit, and still the AUD is pretty much at the same place it was.

It';s all just one big Pump and Dump or Poop and Scoop, just because someone is described in the media as a 'leading economist', doesn't change that :up:

EDIT: Just went to look at the news after posting this and:

ONE of the country's largest property developers believes house prices will continue to rise for years to come, with the Sydney market set for a "golden decade".

My point exactly.

Edited by Tesla

UOTYH: Anyone that believes shit in the media that comes from 'leading economists' about what will happen with various forms of speculative assets is a fucking moron.

These 'leading economists' are pretty much all employees of banks or other financial institutions and have vested interests in seeing the speculative assets move one way or another, and by talking them up or down they hope to influence the market. For example, it's been like a year now of 'leading economists' saying the AUD will crumble, the whole time i've known they are full of shit, and still the AUD is pretty much at the same place it was.

It';s all just one big Pump and Dump or Poop and Scoop, just because someone is described in the media as a 'leading economist', doesn't change that :up:

ONE of the country's largest property developers believes house prices will continue to rise for years to come, with the Sydney market set for a "golden decade".

My point exactly.

Agree. GFC II is not that far away and will be much bigger and brutal this time around.

• Like 1

Tim Cahill is not even close to the best player in the Australian national team. Gun player, absolute legend, love him to bits, but would take Mile Jedinak in my side ahead of him every day of the week. Same goes for Matt Ryan, Robbie Kruse when uninjured and probably Breschiano.

My point exactly. Agree. GFC II is not that far away and will be much bigger and brutal this time around.

Firstly have been saying for a couple years that the real CFG has not occurred cad can back me up on that.

Second housing prices are definitely on the slump. It was my biggest concern when buying land recently, but chose to go ahead due to other factors.

My thoughts housing prices is that they wont decline for some time they will just stagnate. Equities tend to be a leading indicator for property. They in theory should drop in price before housing does.

The Australian dollar will fall. My prediction is a year and we will see some serious decline.

Tim Cahill is not even close to the best player in the Australian national team. Gun player, absolute legend, love him to bits, but would take Mile Jedinak in my side ahead of him every day of the week. Same goes for Matt Ryan, Robbie Kruse when uninjured and probably Breschiano.

You say that, but we would be nowhere this campaign without him. He's basically the only avenue to the goal we have had all tournament, constantly going against 2 or 3 defenders by himself and still scoring. After this campaign IMO he's cemented himself to me anyway as Australias greatest ever player. Forget about kewell and viduka, how many blokes have scored at 3 different world cups? You can say it's all about the service but just look at the heart, just because you get good service doesn't mean you're going to score. Takes a great finisher to finish a great cross and thats what timmy is.

It'll be interesting to see peoples opinion about this when he doesn't play next game. Lets see how good bresicano and co are without him. (Kruse is a gun i agree though, but right now i would take timmy :) )

• Like 2

John Aloisi is a decent football TV pundit.

DhMlg.gif Haha. Looked like a genius next to Kalac and Culina tbh. Well kalac seems like an idiot so that's not too hard to do. He's not that bad but I still cringe every time he says "creating chances".

I heard him say that enough last season for several lifetimes.

Edited by Tbitm

Agree that he has been our best form player in the tournament and that he is probably our all time best, but I still don't think he is the best player in our squad on any given day.

True - Just almost every single day the National Team has played a match in the past six years...

Edited by cadete

My point exactly.

Agree. GFC II is not that far away and will be much bigger and brutal this time around.

Firstly have been saying for a couple years that the real CFG has not occurred cad can back me up on that.

Second housing prices are definitely on the slump. It was my biggest concern when buying land recently, but chose to go ahead due to other factors.

My thoughts housing prices is that they wont decline for some time they will just stagnate. Equities tend to be a leading indicator for property. They in theory should drop in price before housing does.

The Australian dollar will fall. My prediction is a year and we will see some serious decline.

I agree with houses prices, there won't be a crash, more just a stagnation (and therefore probably a decrease in real terms).

TBH I certainly don't have the confidence in the AUD going forward I've had until now, I think we're at the point now where anything can happen, but I still don't see a major fall. I can see it falling to around 0.9 in the next few months, but that's about it. I can also see it rising to 0.95. Even if it falls sharply, kunts that have incorrectly timed their opinion on the AUD by 6-12 months are still incorrect. It's a volatile asset, it's both going to rise and fall sharply at times, if you can't give a timeframe your opinion isn't worth shit.

I do not share your view of another financial crisis, and TBH if people are going to make predictions like that they should give a time frame, because otherwise that's BS, people have been saying since 09 that another/worse financial crisis was around the corner, and 5 years later it still hasn't happened.

I just don't see it, there is no financial crisis coming, you blokes need to just relax, spend your money with confidence, and enjoy the good times ahead :up:

I just don't see it, there is no financial crisis coming, you blokes need to just relax, spend your money with confidence, and enjoy the good times ahead :up:

You getting financial advice from Gerry Harvey?

Just trying to do my part for the economy and raise consumer confidence :up:

Really, we're fucked, but don't tell anyone that :up:

Edited by Tesla

I wouldnt mind some race tips from Gerry Harvey. :up:

• Like 1

I wouldnt mind some race tips from Gerry Harvey. :up: Id rather get race tips from mokbel

You getting financial advice from Gerry Harvey? I wouldnt mind some race tips from Gerry Harvey. :up: Id rather get race tips from mokbel LOL - On when Danny is gonna pull up Mummify...

You say that, but we would be nowhere this campaign without him. He's basically the only avenue to the goal we have had all tournament, constantly going against 2 or 3 defenders by himself and still scoring. After this campaign IMO he's cemented himself to me anyway as Australias greatest ever player. Forget about kewell and viduka, how many blokes have scored at 3 different world cups? You can say it's all about the service but just look at the heart, just because you get good service doesn't mean you're going to score. Takes a great finisher to finish a great cross and thats what timmy is.

It'll be interesting to see peoples opinion about this when he doesn't play next game. Lets see how good bresicano and co are without him. (Kruse is a gun i agree though, but right now i would take timmy :) )

Take a bow your highness.  Your best ever post.

Monty python sucks. Maybe for its time it would be seen as 'edgy' but watching it now it's not even funny, just cringeworthy

Monty python sucks. Maybe for its time it would be seen as 'edgy' but watching it now it's not even funny, just cringeworthy

You need help

The famous skits are timeless, but most of it is pretty annoying to me. But thats me having grown up with my dad quoting it over and over.

I'm not putting the likes of Fast Forward in the same league as Monty Python, but at the time, Fast Forward was the funniest thing on Australian TV and I looked forward to it each week. Now when I see re-runs of it on Channel 11 I cant believe I used to find that shit funny.

You need help

The famous skits are timeless, but most of it is pretty annoying to me. But thats me having grown up with my dad quoting it over and over.

I'm not putting the likes of Fast Forward in the same league as Monty Python, but at the time, Fast Forward was the funniest thing on Australian TV and I looked forward to it each week. Now when I see re-runs of it on Channel 11 I cant believe I used to find that shit funny.

I had the same reaction when I saw some Fast Forward recently...

it was really depressing how unfunny it actually was as like you we thought it was greatest show on earth at my school and would discuss it all the time.

The Best of the Late Show however has held up a lot better with time FWIW.

• Like 1

You need help

it was really depressing how unfunny it actually was as like you we thought it was greatest show on earth at my school and would discuss it all the time.

This +100000

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqBztKRiP7Q

• Like 1

Monty Python is not that bad but nerds who repeat the lines from Monty Python over and over again fucken suck.

Think this was my problem tbh. As well as what Bazzatron was saying, my dad was a really big fan of it, and so many of the lines he used to say to me around the house made sense when i finally watched it. It was already ruined before i watched it! Regardless, i think something like the young ones is 100 times funnier then monty python

Edited by kingofhearts

You need help

This +100000

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqBztKRiP7Q

Leave my uncle out of this...

• 3 weeks later...