Melbourne Football

2013-14 MEMBERSHIPS

Red or Dead

• walk in a military manner with a regular measured tread:thousands marched behind the coffin
  • walk quickly and with determination:without a word she marched from the room
  • [with object and adverbial of direction] force (someone) to walk somewhere quickly:she gripped Rachel’s arm and marched her through the door
  • walk along public roads in an organized procession as a form of protest:unemployed workers marched from Jarrow to London they planned to march on Baton Rouge
  • (of something abstract) proceed or advance inexorably:time marches on
  • Like 6

Could someone find out by the club how many Active Supporter memberships have been sold? Reading the threads I cansee that there's a lot of people signing up in Active, whether they are new or not there's a shitload of Actives it seems. Terrace expansion upwards by any chance come round two?

Edited by RedAndWhiteSoldier

Bays 18 and 16 will never be full of active supporters,j ust about 5 seats in on the side closest to bay 17. One bay behind the goals is where it's at. Just look at the Norf end.

Thanks for the update but those are the facts. The active area will only be extended upwards when the other bays are full.

Last season I was in bay 18 with couple if mates. We stood and sang white the rest of the ppl in there just sat like dead flogs

Active bay?

Not at all!

Middle bay was full so there was no option.

But if the middle bay was extended up .....

• Like 1

Last season I was in bay 18 with couple if mates. We stood and sang white the rest of the ppl in there just sat like dead flogs

Active bay?

Not at all!

Middle bay was full so there was no option.

But if the middle bay was extended up .....

When my wife stays home with the little one, I will bring the two older boys down and stand with you.

Last season when a fair proportion of bay 17 went to make relations at the north end, my eldest said "we should go down there dad". So down the thee of us went and stood on the non-slip sticky malt and chanted with those left in the bay. It is good to give the young ones a bit of space to be "active".

Only question is though, is there plenty of room to put the hamper?

• Like 1

if they complain about people standing in bays 16 and 18 then just stay standing and explain to them that it is a standing only area

I did that, believe me but there are ppl in 18 with young kids who complain when we stand up

Should I feel sorry for the 8 yr olds in active area

Ps. Care factor zero

Some advice for club administration to help increase membership:

1) I was a member last season and have not received anything about new memberships, by email or post. The first I heard about this were those Melbourne Heart website ads that are everywhere these days.

Hopefully these ads attract new members, but also need to maintain the existing membership.

2) There are many empty seats at the regular games so would be great to give members free tickets for friends. I invited a friend to that new years match last season and they loved the supporter atmosphere.

3) I would guess that the majority of members (like myself) are not actively reading these forums so should email the membership about exciting developments, like signing Kewel. I just discovered that this morning.

• Like 1