Melbourne Football

2013-14 MEMBERSHIPS

Red or Dead

There was a lovely lady that was there, taking membership orders from the fans at the training session. I think she assumed to be there around 30 mins, she was there for a lot longer than that! Plenty of paper work filled out and questions answered.

• Like 1

Not signing up until I see the squad complete. Making sure I get value for money

y u do dis, keng?

But seriously, poor form.

I'll definitely sign up just like every other season I am just A bit worried about the lack of direction our list is showing atm. Also most of my money atm is going into other projects, so I don't have a lot to spare atm lol

Putrid form you too (HeartFc and Kingofhearts) sorta expected it out of one of you. Kingofhearts you contradict yourself.... You say you want to see the whole squad but then you say you definitely will.

Signed up from day 1 and none of the interstate bullshit! Active all the way!!!

Lol your right, more or less I'll end up resigning due to the fact I love the club, I probably would've resigned quicker if I didn't have such a bad taste in my mouth after the end of last season.

Putrid form you too (HeartFc and Kingofhearts) sorta expected it out of one of you. Kingofhearts you contradict yourself.... You say you want to see the whole squad but then you say you definitely will.

Signed up from day 1 and none of the interstate bullshit! Active all the way!!!

Lol your right, more or less I'll end up resigning due to the fact I love the club, I probably would've resigned quicker if I didn't have such a bad taste in my mouth after the end of last season.

Mate try and do a bus trip to Central Coast to watch em play they way they did.

Now thats a bad taste in your mouth.

Only good thing that came out of it was grabbing Mitchinson's match top :)

Back on topic. What's a good goal for before Round 1? I think 7,000 is gettable if we all work hard. I've signed up three people so far and am working on four and five at the moment. Everyone needs to push hard and sign up as many people as they can. There's no reason why we can't average 10k this season.

Currently at 2463. Reasonably good considering there is another 3 months till the season starts. Goals that we should be aiming for are about 6.5-7.5K, just as R1 starts against Victards FC. Although, if we sign a marquee (which i doubt we will) id say 10-13K would be immense. Although its all good to make predictions, make sure everyone is on baord! Hopefully this is a solid season ahead.

Edited by Victards

Currently at 2463. Reasonably good considering there is another 3 months till the season starts. Goals that we should be aiming for are about 6.5-7.5K, just as R1 starts against Victards FC. Although, if we sign a marquee (which i doubt we will) id say 10-13K would be immense. Although its all good to make predictions, make sure everyone is on baord! Hopefully this is a solid season ahead.

I feel we're setting ourselves up for disappointment. For a marquee to bring in that many new members they have to be of the ADP calibre, I doubt that's the sort of marquee we're targeting. SM has said numerous times that Heart's after more of a Shinji Ono type of marquee. What's the theory behind getting that sort of marquee? They're cheaper!  That sort of marquee will not bring in that many new fans/regulars.

If they want this club to grow faster than a snail's pace they need to get serious and dig a little deeper in those already shallow pockets! Because in the end, you get what you pay for!

• Like 1

I beg to difer tbh, i think even a Shinji Ono esque type player would make us reach that 10-13K mark. If anything, just touching over 10K, we have many fans who dont come to games, well a marquee of anysort, with enough publicity, will make us reach 10-13K, ofcause on-field success always helps us hit over 10K but look, anything at this point is possible considering we're 3 months away till the start of the season

I guess the best we could hope for is for a marquee who will actually help us finish top 2 or top 4 at worst and get that all important home-final.

If it's an Ono-esque type of marquee that can do that for us then fine, but the way I see it, a big-name marquee will get those silent supporters to come out of hiding and Heart winning games (or at least performing well) will keep them from going back into hiding.

Attendance will come before membership.

Attendances will increase once we start winning on a regular basis and challenging for the Premiership - something like 9-3-1 at home and 4-4-5 away or better would start to draw the fans in.

It has a better chance of happening quicker once we have a couple of exciting players in the squad.

I agree with Cadete that our potential supporter base is much larger than we think. My experience is that there is a lot of goodwill out there towards the Heart. The club's values appeal to a lot of people. On that note it's good to read the comments made by Clint Bolton on how he feels about the club.

All we need to do (sounds simple!) is pull the trigger that gets the silent ones to AAMI Park. If we deliver on the pitch IMO we could regularly draw in excess of 15,000 to our games, and more for the "bigger" matches.

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 3