Melbourne Football

Tadic GONE

MrAiDaN66

No! We need a finisher! Get Ronaldo out of retirement and he'll still rip the players you mentioned apart!

D-Mac can definitely score and knows where the goals are...against VPL sides! Then again Aloisi would only bring him on for the last 5mins of a game and expect him to win the game for us!

Babalj could still flourish. He's shown us that he has the talent and with the right support and ball distribution to him he could dominate!

Sorry to see Tadic go - probably another Aloisi fuck up! Since we're getting a new midfield I think Tadic could've benefited.

Having said that, this opens the door for RAUL!! He has the name, he has the goods, he has the power, he's got the look!  ;)

Well acccording to half the posters on here,

We should pouring are resources into watching the VPL so it looks like our job is done then.

In all seriousness it would be good to give Hoffman a go at CF if he's to re-sign. Poor bloke doesn't get a chance to perform in his natural position but is crucified when he has a poor game at LB.

He had about 5 or so patches of 30 minutes to have a good a CF in Season Two when our side was in its best form patch ever and he still failed then...

ffs if it wasn't for the discounts at the imp I'd seriously reconsider renewing my membership next season.

I thought that was the only reason people signed up :P

Now that we're losing him and most likely Eli we are building up a shit tone of money to sign someone really good so i wouldn't be upset.

Would've i liked to keep him??? Yes, but i think we can more than likely find a suitable replacement for him.

The clean out continues. Its good to see that the players who had so-so seasons are being moved on. We're actually starting to become a club that demands excellence and nothing else out of its players.

LOL... like Hoffman and Dmac

I don't know why Dmac cops so much shit on this form. The guys not a super star, but was nearly our BOG when we beat Victory in the season opener this year and for the wages his on i think he's a good buy. Hoffman however is indefensible, every other de-listting/resigning has been spot on.

No! We need a finisher! Get Ronaldo out of retirement and he'll still rip the players you mentioned apart!

D-Mac can definitely score and knows where the goals are...against VPL sides! Then again Aloisi would only bring him on for the last 5mins of a game and expect him to win the game for us!

Babalj could still flourish. He's shown us that he has the talent and with the right support and ball distribution to him he could dominate!

Sorry to see Tadic go - probably another Aloisi fuck up! Since we're getting a new midfield I think Tadic could've benefited.

Having said that, this opens the door for RAUL!! He has the name, he has the goods, he has the power, he's got the look!  ;)

Tadic scored 6 goals - 3 of which were penalties.

The argument writes it self, and you even contend it above. We need a better midfield to service the forwards. Therefore, it doesn't make sense to fork out buckets of cash for Raul when Mauk, Germano, Hoffman and co. will be providing the service (or lack thereof) to him.

In all seriousness it would be good to give Hoffman a go at CF if he's to re-sign. Poor bloke doesn't get a chance to perform in his natural position but is crucified when he has a poor game at LB.

He had about 5 or so patches of 30 minutes to have a good a CF in Season Two when our side was in its best form patch ever and he still failed then...Fine. If he is played, what position should it be in? Edited by Jimmy

ffs if it wasn't for the discounts at the imp I'd seriously reconsider renewing my membership next season.

I thought that was the only reason people signed up :P

Now that we're losing him and most likely Eli we are building up a shit tone of money to sign someone really good so i wouldn't be upset.

Would've i liked to keep him??? Yes, but i think we can more than likely find a suitable replacement for him.

The clean out continues. Its good to see that the players who had so-so seasons are being moved on. We're actually starting to become a club that demands excellence and nothing else out of its players.

LOL... like Hoffman and Dmac I don't know why Dmac cops so much shit on this form. The guys not a super star, but was nearly our BOG when we beat Victory in the season opener this year and for the wages his on i think he's a good buy. Hoffman however is indefensible, every other de-listting/resigning has been spot on.

Im not giving him shit. Dmac had a descent preseason, tadic had virtually no preseason plus had to deal with a broken toe during the season. Dmac peaked in round one and did little since then. One thing in his defence is he didnt have game time on his side. I think for his price he is a descent player, but if your putting tadic in the "so-so" bucket then Dmac is definitely in there as well.

Tadic scored 6 goals - 3 of which were penalties.

The argument writes it self, and you even contend it above. We need a better midfield to service the forwards. Therefore, it doesn't make sense to fork out buckets of cash for Raul when Mauk, Germano, Hoffman and co. will be providing the service (or lack thereof) to him.

I am not saying it does not have some validity,

But I have been reading/hearing "The Bad Service" argument for twenty years now to justify the bad scoring rate from World Soccer's Biggest Stars all the way down to pathetic 1990's Fremantle Dockers players like Kingsley Hunter.

He had about 5 or so patches of 30 minutes to have a good a CF in Season Two when our side was in its best form patch ever and he still failed then... Fine. If he is played, what position should it be in?

As a foward in the NSWPL or VPL as he is not good enough to play anywhere (including up foward) in A League.

Sad. :(

Hope it was player decision and not the club.

I'll always look back to that 4-1 home win over the Roar where he and Richie tore them apart combining beautifully. I thought they were a dream pair until aloisi moved Garcia wide and Jos hurt his toe, it was never the same, as was our season. :(

Well its a small club - And one that has open training sessions,

I know for a fact that I am not the only one here who heard such rumours from a number of sources - And I am not passing judgement in repeating them...

Edited by cadete

NEWS | In regards to Josip Tadic's situation, it has remained the same since day one: the striker signed with the Club on a one year contract. Josip is heading to Croatia next week with the plan to marry his partner in Croatia during the off-season break. The Club will remain in communication with Josip in regards to the 2013-14 season during this period.

Why would he return, he was made to look not even half the player that he is due to having an incompetent coach and having to play with guys like Hoffman.

And if I read another post about him not winning headers ffs :droy:

Neither Tadic or Babalj are that type of player (despite their height, especially Balaj's), just because a forward is tall doesn't mean he is an aerial targetman, please refer to Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 2

I'm actually worried with all the holes in midfield and the fact that we now don't have tadic and could possibly lose Garcia, will the club be able to sign enough players with the time we have???? Lets hope it doesn't get to July and we have to go buy anyone just to fill spaces.

NEWS | In regards to Josip Tadic's situation, it has remained the same since day one: the striker signed with the Club on a one year contract. Josip is heading to Croatia next week with the plan to marry his partner in Croatia during the off-season break. The Club will remain in communication with Josip in regards to the 2013-14 season during this period.

From the club facebook page. What does the last sentence mean exactly?

Why would he return, he was made to look not even half the player that he is due to having an incompetent coach and having to play with guys like Hoffman.

And if I read another post about him not winning headers ffs :droy:

Neither Tadic or Babalj are that type of player (despite their height, especially Balaj's), just because a forward is tall doesn't mean he is an aerial targetman, please refer to Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

this farken.

I completely agree with Defibrillator and others who point out the terrible service Tadic received. I think he could have been a top A-League striker, perhaps even a golden boot winner, if he received the service that Berisha, Thompson or Bridge got. I don't think Tadic would ever have been a world beater, a striker who could score bags of goals at a big European club, but I believe he had the potential to dominate the A-League. But the fact is, it looks like we'll never know.

If we bring in a better striker, then I don't have a problem with us letting Tadic go. The club could be looking at bringing in a marquee striker, since players like ADP or even Heskey are widely liked by club supporters no matter what. Maybe a Theofanis Gekas, Luca Toni or even Raul is in the club's sights, and they'll try to sign Tadic or another non-marquee international striker if they can't secure a marquee first.

I'm not concerned at all about the time Heart has to sign new players. This season began on the 5th of October and we brought in Garcia on the 23rd of August, and despite missing a lot of preseason he was still our best (or equal best) player. Likewise Sydney signed ADP on the 5th of September, and ADP was quality throughout the season and easily Sydney's best player, despite only having two or three weeks of preseason. The most important thing is signing quality players. A good preseason can really lift a team, but even the best of preseasons can't compensate a team that is lacking in quality.

• Like 2

I really can't see the point in the club 'keeping in contact' with Tadic. He's making it fairly obvious that he doesn't have a burning desire to play for Heart, so why bother? Throwing money at a player might secure his signature but doesn't mean that he'll suddenly be prepared to work hard and die for the shirt.

Tadic's career is on the slide anyway. He's out of contract so let him find a new club.

• 1 month later...

Tadic gone to NK Rijeka

http://gol.dnevnik.hr/clanak/hnl/rijeka-dobila-novo-pojacanje-stigao-bivsi-napadac-dinama---289375.html

Quick translation: Ex-Dinamo Zagreb player gone to NK Rijeka. Melbourne Heart got a mention in the article.

My mums hometown. Qualified for Europa League this season I think as they came 3rd in the league. Will be interested to see how much gametime he gets there.