Melbourne Football

Colosimo, Thompson and Bolton

Tbitm

Had to be done. Good to see that it looks as if the club is moving forward. Congrats to all of these blokes (including Fred) for their service, each one having been a good player for us at a specific time throughout their time at MHFC.

These are all the players (bar Hoffman) we wanted gone and the board have come home with the goods!

Colosimo, Thompson, Fred, Meeuwis and Coyne all really had to go. I'm guessing Edwards will be picked up by Perth and not sure why we couldn't keep Bolton on the bench and on a reduced salary - I feel for him somewhat.

I have this weird feeling now that they're gone. I knew it was coming and we're MUCH better off for it, but I still feel somewhat empty and little sad.

Thanks for the contribution in getting the club off the ground boys. I'll be forever grateful.

• Like 3

@FOXFOOTBALL: .@MelbourneHeart also release mid-season signings Marcel Meeuwis, Jamie Coyne and Cameron Edwards #ALeague

Cam Edwards is a strange one, obviously isn't good enough to cut it in professional football. Can see him doing a Kliment and dominating VPL.

This also is clearly leading up to Richie being offered captaincy, there isn't anyone else at the club essentially.

Edited by Che

The Club continues to negotiate with a number of players who are coming out of contract, including Richard Garcia and Jason Hoffman, and is hopeful of retaining them for next season and beyond.

love how the club is "hopeful" of retaining hoffman. Shouldn't it be the other way around? :lawl: :lawl: :lawl:

• Like 4

@FOXFOOTBALL: .@MelbourneHeart also release mid-season signings Marcel Meeuwis, Jamie Coyne and Cameron Edwards #ALeague

Cam Edwards is a strange one, obviously isn't good enough to cut it in professional football. Can see him doing a Kliment and dominating VPL.

This also is clearly leading up to Richie being offered captaincy, there isn't anyone else at the club essentially.

Cam is likely due to his dad coaching Perth.... But that's a good point about Garcia. Would be a good announcement in the coming days.

Also I really didn't think Aloisi would let Colosimo go so I give him credit that a he didn't let his friendship get in the way of making a professional decision.

Had to be done, for the club's sake.

Thanks for the memories lads, and best wishes for the rest of your careers if they do not come to an end.

It seems like the club has been looking at these forums

They clearly haven't seen the "objects that would be better footballers than Jason Hoffman" topic just yet. Soon.

• Like 1

Hope Dugandzic is on base wages due to him effectively not deserving a new contract.

Ian Ramsay is a quality pick up - he destroys us every time we play.

Ramsay and Dugandzic bombing down the wings to feed to ball to Babalj and Tadic is dreamworthy.

surely he was good enough last year to warrant a decent wage, nothing bank breaking but he is better than minimum, much better

Who knew the club had balls! Made my day coming home from work to hear this!!! 

But we had to try and re-sign hoffman, have to just be happy with what we have done so far.

Makes me laugh when Thompson said in the paper a couple of games before our last, that he was 'primed to play many more' Good luck with that Matty :up:

• Like 1

Thankyou to these boys, including Fred, for the service they gave us.

I am sad to see them go but it was rather obvious they didn't play well in the formation JA is trying to play.

We now have 8 spots (if I'm correct) to bring in players who can play in JA's formation.

Thanks for the memories boys, what a legendary bunch. I'm sorry they have gone but I think the time is right.

You are all extremely special, and if they aren't at any other clubs next season perhaps first home game we could get a chance to say farewell properly.

Good to see the club is willing to make the tough decisions. Fred, Thommo and Bolton have all made a great impact at the club and wish them well for the future. Same can't be said for Colosimo, I pity the fools that give him a contract.

Guessing Tadic won't be re-signed, the club would've expected more in the way of goals from open play. Probably not his fault that the service was garbage and that he was often isolated up front. In Babalj and Gol Gol we have 2 guys that can play that role, expecting we'll use our foreign spot on a creative midfielder and a defender as number 1 priorities.

• Like 1

Heart management has given the supporters (including me) what they wanted. People have been held accountable for us finishing 9th. The clean out had to be done, and I reckon the club will be better off for it.

Now we have a pretty clean slate to build on for next season. We have several months to bring in the best players we can get. We also now have some VISA spots free, so I'm happy for the club to take its time to signup some quality internationals that can slip into our starting 11.

I'm pleased with all Bolton, Fred Thompson and Colosimo gave to Heart. They were the nucleus of the team for Heart's first 3 seasons, and they provided some good memories. 

The club has a good opportunity to be a real force next season now. I'm looking forward to the future.

Happy that all senior players have not been re-signed.

If Fred wasn't on a 2 year deal I'd let him go last season.

But what is all this Bolton love?  There is no room for being sentimental in professional sport. The guy was on borrowed time last season.  Half the Benny Hill moments can be traced back to him and his inability to control and communicate with his defense.  Please go gracefully Clint.

Hoffman, DMac must go as well.

Please make a quality CB, a quality number 10 and a marquee with a name a priority.  And give Klim Taseski another chance.

• Like 1

our foreign signings have to be absolutely spot on if we want to do well next season. We've got a pretty good base of players to build on, so now we should be expecting at least 3-4 BIG players signings due to the most recent departures which has freed up close to 1 million in our salary cap.

Also given that the club has said we're looking for a marquee, it should give us more salary cap to work with. I'm very interested to see who we'll be targetting.

Good to see the club is willing to make the tough decisions. Fred, Thommo and Bolton have all made a great impact at the club and wish them well for the future. Same can't be said for Colosimo, I pity the fools that give him a contract.

Guessing Tadic won't be re-signed, the club would've expected more in the way of goals from open play. Probably not his fault that the service was garbage and that he was often isolated up front. In Babalj and Gol Gol we have 2 guys that can play that role, expecting we'll use our foreign spot on a creative midfielder and a defender as number 1 priorities.

If that was the case why haven't they announced Tadic's departure with the other twitter announcement on Coyne etc.?

We've been bagging some of these players fairly regularly during the season, but now that they're going it's only right that we can publicly acknowledge their contribution to the club. Effort is not always reflected in results.

I'd like to see a video made of the classic good moments from the boys that are leaving, and that it be shown at half-time at our first home match of next season to give Heart fans a chance to show their appreciation. Have the video narrated by someone like Nicky Kalmar would be a nice gesture too.

People are always crapping on about Heart having no 'identity.' One way we can show who and what we are is to acknowledge players who leave in the way suggested above.

• Like 2