Melbourne Football

Potential A-league signings

heart_fan10

Geez, how many Victory players are we going to get? Any of you have the time to investigate how many Heart players have previously played for Victory Vs Victory players who've played from Heart? With Foschini my calculations say 4:0. I don't think we've had any defectors to the dark side.

Mate D.

Fred

Behich

Foschini(?)

Anyone else?

Geez, how many Victory players are we going to get? Any of you have the time to investigate how many Heart players have previously played for Victory Vs Victory players who've played from Heart? With Foschini my calculations say 4:0. I don't think we've had any defectors to the dark side.

Mate D.

Fred

Behich

Foschini(?)

Anyone else?

If Victory had to build a squad from scratch next season, you would think they would sign a few ex Heart players. Means nothing.

I like the idea of us finding, promoting, developing our own players, rather than visitors hand-me-downs.

Aziz was alright as he was rejected, Mate is alright as he decided to come to us, Fred took me a little while to warm to as he had such a strong association with the blue side of town - he then won me over with his running and commitment.

I don't want a string of ex-visitors playing in red and white and I certainly don't want any of our players moving to the docks.

Let's have Heart men playing for us.

Mate D.

Fred

Behich

Foschini(?)

Anyone else?

If Victory had to build a squad from scratch next season, you would think they would sign a few ex Heart players. Means nothing.

true, but Foschini is absolute garbage. One of the worst players, mind you he's still contracted at the visistors for 1 more season even though they are desperate to release him.

I like the idea of us finding, promoting, developing our own players, rather than visitors hand-me-downs.

Aziz was alright as he was rejected, Mate is alright as he decided to come to us, Fred took me a little while to warm to as he had such a strong association with the blue side of town - he then won me over with his running and commitment.

I don't want a string of ex-visitors playing in red and white and I certainly don't want any of our players moving to the docks.

You can add Kristian Sarkies and Sebastian Mattei to the list.

IMO it's an image issue wrt to how the Melbourne football public see MHFC. If it's any run-of-the-mill A-League player who is ex-Victory I don't think we should sign him. But I guess we'd be pretty happy if it was Marco Rojas (just as an example).

In general terms I endorse your view. Taking on board ex-Victory players simply makes us look as though we have no ideas of our own. And that doesn't help our image.

IMO it's an image issue wrt to how the Melbourne football public see MHFC. If it's any run-of-the-mill A-League player who is ex-Victory I don't think we should sign him. But I guess we'd be pretty happy if it was Marco Rojas (just as an example).

In general terms I endorse your view. Taking on board ex-Victory players simply makes us look as though we have no ideas of our own. And that doesn't help our image.

Clearly no other Forest or Rams fans on here, these teams are massive rivals yet players from between these clubs every season.

And they both worship the same Footballing God as well. :up:

Clearly no other Forest or Rams fans on here, these teams are massive rivals yet players from between these clubs every season.

It can work for Forest and Rams as they have long histories with clear distinctions. We really need to make our own mark and consistently stand for something. There may be an overlap with other clubs, we don't have to be different just for the sake of being different, but we do need to be loud, clear and consistent. There's no reason to avoid players who have played for MV but any player needs to fit into a clear philosophy rather than just being signed because they are good players or might be good players for Heart. We need to get back to our core philosophy and recruit players for specific roles within the team, rather than just coming up with names of who is available.

• Like 1

It can work for Forest and Rams as they have long histories with clear distinctions. We really need to make our own mark and consistently stand for something. There may be an overlap with other clubs, we don't have to be different just for the sake of being different, but we do need to be loud, clear and consistent. There's no reason to avoid players who have played for MV but any player needs to fit into a clear philosophy rather than just being signed because they are good players or might be good players for Heart. We need to get back to our core philosophy and recruit players for specific roles within the team, rather than just coming up with names of who is available.

I 100% agree that one of the worst things what we lacked last season was a side that contained players who knew what their role was week to week.

However, ironically this what I think is Ange’s greatest asset as a coach and probably why he is much better suited to coaching at Club Level than he is at coaching National Teams.

And I'm not that confident that that's what we're going to do, although time will tell.

And I'm not that confident that that's what we're going to do, although time will tell.

I share your lack of confidence, hopefully we are both wrong!

Still doesn't take away from the fact that Matthew Foschini is a worse footballer than Jason Hoffman.

let's not say things we can't take back now :P

Remember, hoffman is still 'negotiating' his contract. Foschini doesn't even have a contract. Jason is still slightly ahead.

To anyone who can get in contact with the club...

Tell them to have a look a jake parry from Moreland city

He came from Wales recently from the Swansea academy looking for a different lifestyle here in Australia.

The kid is a natural born left back, defends well and is a regular goal scorer.

The scum(victory) already have people down there watching him and believe me we can't let them get here hands on this kid!

He came from Wales recently from the Swansea academy looking for a different lifestyle here in Australia.

The scum(victory) already have people down there watching him and believe me we can't let them get here hands on this kid!

Why not give the club a call. I would be interested to know what their response is to someone identifying talented players.

Why not give the club a call. I would be interested to know what their response is to someone identifying talented players.

Lol more than likely they would go and tell you to shove it. It doesn't sound like a bad idea in theory, but than any person could just ring in and say that 'this bloke deserves to be picked, same as this bloke' ext

So he was playing for a mid-table team in the Welsh Premier League not getting a game, a bit of research shows, couldn't have been all that flash surely, especially to take up a Visa spot?

Then there is also the question why is he not playing for a VPL Club?

Or even a SL1 Club like Moreland Zebras instead of Moreland Wolves?

He would take up a visa spot.if victory get there hands on him I will be extremely disappointed and boy would there defence be solid

You may be disappointed then. Do I look like I work for the football dept at MH?

So he was playing for a mid-table team in the Welsh Premier League not getting a game, a bit of research shows, couldn't have been all that flash surely, especially to take up a Visa spot?

Moreland City have signed a whole bunch (4 maybe?) players from Port Talbot in Wales over the past few years, I'd suggest he's over here with mates.

If that is true about Foscini we are getting worse. I don't think he played all season so when did JA get a chance to see him play competitively?

I just hope that JA has got experince recruiters with him in Europe because clearly his recruiting and decision making has been embarrassing...

Moreland City have signed a whole bunch (4 maybe?) players from Port Talbot in Wales over the past few years, I'd suggest he's over here with mates.

Bulleen has a pile of players with UK accents this season as well, does not mean they are not shit. :up:

Ramsay, Murdocca, Muscat...

MHFC trying to do a ctrl+c, ctrl+v of WSW next season? I wouldn't expect these guys to be much more than squad players or fringe 11 at best.

No frills, at its finest.

Edited by LR9
  • Like 1