Macallister (1 year)

Mauk (1 year)

Mebrahtu (1 year)

Redmayne (2 years)

Vrankovic (1 year)

Walker (1 year)

Williams (1 year)

:droy:  :droy: this club i swear..

So after a year we'll be running a 1 0 0 formation with Redders in goal and nobody else :lol:

Babalj (1 year)

Dugandzic (1 year)

Garuccio (1 year)

Gerhardt (1 year)

Macallister (1 year)

Mauk (1 year)

Mebrahtu (1 year)

Redmayne (2 years)

Vrankovic (1 year)

Walker (1 year)

Williams (1 year)

:droy:  :droy: this club i swear..

So after a year we'll be running a 1 0 0 formation with Redders in goal and nobody else :lol:

Not to worry, we''ll be promoting youth and getting players from o'seas that can't play :wacko:

I just posted on the Represent the Heart thread that the noises from Heart HQ were encouraging. However, having read that Walker has only signed for one year I am not filled with confidence. How can the club ask people to support it when it seems to just blow around with the wind?

I would like to see action to give confidence in what Heart is doing. At least if we announced we had first option on a second year...

i guess the club are thinking that he's still young and he still needs to work hard and prove himself more if he wants to earn a bigger contract. Then if he doesn't perform well and live up to his potential, we'll have the flexibility of signing someone else for the following season.

It's hard when the a-league squads are so small and the salary cap restricting the spending, which is why every spot is important.

i guess the club are thinking that he's still young and he still needs to work hard and prove himself more if he wants to earn a bigger contract. Then if he doesn't perform well and live up to his potential, we'll have the flexibility of signing someone else for the following season.

It's hard when the a-league squads are so small and the salary cap restricting the spending, which is why every spot is important.

Yes.

Other than MHFC and Jezza no-one knows what the terms of the contract are. Nor what MHFC might have wanted or Jezza himself might have wanted.

How about people laying off with the criticism until they know the facts?

Contracts are often quite difficult to get right. Too long, and the player gets complacent and comfortable. Too short and the club risks losing good players to better offers.

Short term contracts are and have been the name of the game in the A-League since it began.

On first consideration with Walker it is disappointing that we would only sign the kid for a year....but....

No other A-league club can now grab him in the off season (like with Goodwin). He is a youth player who would officially be without a club as soon as the season ends if he wasn't signed up so grabbing him now is a good thing.

Also, like someone else already said, we don't know whats in the contract, but if you look at the Eli saga as a point of reference, I am confident that the club will have gotten this one right

I was taking the piss

Perhaps. However the clubs lack of investment and promotion, appearing only to value obtaining players to sell them on has me doubting the intentions of the board compared to what was given as the mantra for the club when it began.

As I said earlier, recent comments from the club have been encouraging, but the words need to be backed up by action.

• Like 1

Sarcasim hey. It's fucked though. First time someone from this state get an a league contract and not a word on the news. Backwards state! Can't wait for tomorrow early start at the imp!

Only one of the about 10 Taswegians i know doesn't despise soccer - backwards indeed.

It's changing. There is more registered soccer players in tassie then Aussie rules. Anyway different topic. In the commentary of last weeks game they said Sam mitchinson had signed a new deal. Haven't heard anything about it. Any idea whether it was a youth or senior contract?

Handy squad player Mitchinson.

It's changing. There is more registered soccer players in tassie then Aussie rules. Anyway different topic. In the commentary of last weeks game they said Sam mitchinson had signed a new deal. Haven't heard anything about it. Any idea whether it was a youth or senior contract?

I think you'll find he'll turn 21 just before next season starts. So it would need to be a senior contract.

I think the club will dribble out signings and releases to try to keep in the news.

Edit: However, just watching the video with Aloisi and Walker, JA refers to Mitchinson and says something like ' We're hoping to tie him down (for next season)....' Meaning he has not signed yet.

Edited by jw1739

Germano contract extension to be announced soon...

G

ermano contract extension to be announced soon...

Best news yet

Surely not serious?

I'm not sure what is going on with that young fella. Last year he looked like a world beater, this year he's looked like a VPL player. Unless he is recovering from/playing with an injury, I'd show him the door. He was terrible last night too, set their first goal up, for one.

After some thought I've joined the view that says visa players have to be better than what you can get locally. He's not in the category anymore.

Surely not serious?

I'm not sure what is going on with that young fella. Last year he looked like a world beater, this year he's looked like a VPL player. Unless he is recovering from/playing with an injury, I'd show him the door. He was terrible last night too, set their first goal up, for one.

After some thought I've joined the view that says visa players have to be better than what you can get locally. He's not in the category anymore.

Germano>Thompson

yeah he's better than what we already have

Spot on. Measured by his potential Germano has had as poor a season as anyone else. Should be released.