Melbourne Football

Club Website

George Cross

Is there anyone out there who can establish a new supporters website. All A league club's website are so regimented and dour they are not worth looking at. Nearly all clubs overseas have a supporters website why can't we.?

i've just put one up mate, i'll put a link below to it.

www.lemonparty.com

Its a bit weird of a name but trust me, you'll like everything about it :)

• Like 4

What else do you want? This forum and redwhiteunite.com both cover the club from a supporters' perspective quite well.

Would be good to have a front page, with club news, articles, history section on our club, blogs from fans etc., ladder and whatnot.

Something that would draw more people into reading and being involved on this site, like what Yellowfever, WestSydneyfootball, WeAreTheReds etc. all do. Which in turn would build a better community, add more ideas to improve this club and hopefully get more people involved in the Active support of this club aswell.

MHFCindex was doing a pretty good job with all that, until the site closed after the person running it had no time to continue it.

• Like 2

Sorry to offend, but this site is a bit clicksphere.

I agree, the ffa site is rubbish, porely updated and short of club news.

Maybe a fan run website might be awesome, but who has the time? The FFA homepage is shite, this place is clicky, 442 fills in the gaps?

The club website is rigidly controlled by FFA and has to conform to its template.

For there to be another "supporters' website" (as opposed to a forum such as this one), you're going to have to have two basic things:

- an inside line to the club to pick up the news stories etc.;

- the time to run it.

Huge commitment. Would be almost a full-time job.

The Red & White Unite website is currently being re-developed.

I would like to bring all of these types of ideas into place on the new site, with THIS forum being a KEY part of that.

There is no reason for yet another one (in my opinion), merely for what is in place to improve, and this is happening as we speak!

I personally see no reason why the RWU website can not include many of these ideas discussed, ie

• Club news
  • Articles
  • History section on our club
  • Blogs from fans
  • Ladder
  • Pre-Season content and the like
  • Match Photos

Anything else that hasn't been listed so far? Please let me know.

Also, anyone who is keen to contribute, Any and all are welcome, we have the means and the people power to get stuff like this done, and this is more or less the sort of stuff RWU should have been doing from day dot (no?).

There are many more things that I and the others involved have in the works, and you need only ask to hear more! But for now, please get involved and we will get this sort of stuff off the ground asap!

• Like 3

The Red & White Unite website is currently being re-developed.

I would like to bring all of these types of ideas into place on the new site, with THIS forum being a KEY part of that.

There is no reason for yet another one (in my opinion), merely for what is in place to improve, and this is happening as we speak!

I personally see no reason why the RWU website can not include many of these ideas discussed, ie

• Club news
  • Articles
  • History section on our club
  • Blogs from fans
  • Ladder
  • Pre-Season content and the like
  • Match Photos

Anything else that hasn't been listed so far? Please let me know.

Also, anyone who is keen to contribute, Any and all are welcome, we have the means and the people power to get stuff like this done, and this is more or less the sort of stuff RWU should have been doing from day dot (no?).

There are many more things that I and the others involved have in the works, and you need only ask to hear more! But for now, please get involved and we will get this sort of stuff off the ground asap!

Is there a simply explanation why RWU would run in parallel with this web site? Just asking.

Edited by HEARTinator

Would be better and easier if the new website was on the same domain as this one, that way people can participate on commentating on articles and forum discussions without having to switch between the two websites.

No reason why we can't find a way to get them to blend together. I see a reason for these things to be kept somewhat separate though. Unless you think completely re-doing this website is required (which I believe it is not).

What I do think should happen soon, is for the Y-Side website to have some work done, and perhaps some definition as to what should exist in that domain, so that it does not exist in the RWU domain.

The 2 are both co-habiting elements to the Melbourne Heart Supporter experience and should be kept separate, and we all know that neither group needs to, or should, be trying to do something the other one does, as overall we are all one big group, basically just with two more well defined purposes.

Am I expressing myself well enough that my message is being conveyed?

Also to comment on something specific

commentating on articles and forum discussions without having to switch between the two websites

This was along the lines of how RWU website was setup to begin with if I remember correctly, and I think it did not work. However I think this was because of how it was done, and I think it was done the wrong way and it looked crap and was functionally even worse.

In short, perhaps it would be good to implement many of the ideas and concepts on to the RWU website, get them a little refined, figure out what sort of things we want and don't want, and after a few months, then turn attention to working on a way to streamline it all into one big website?

Just a thought

I thought that the RWU site was supposed to be shut down upon the creation of this forum?

The forum element was, but there is a lot more to RWU then that part.

Edited by Bozza

• 5 months later...

Just wanted to say that despite its shortcomings the club website has some good up-to-date profiles of the players in the current squad.

They are all worth a read.

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/melbourneheart/players Just click on a player's image to the to read his profile.

For example, here's GolGol's bio:

'Melbourne Heart FC identified a potential key figure in its future attack when it signed Queensland youngster Golgol Mebrahtu on a two-year deal. Capable of playing as a winger or attacking midfielder, the versatile Mebrahtu joined Heart in 2012 following three years with Gold Coast United. Pacy, and capable of cutting defences to shreds, Mebrahtu has shown his potential, and Aloisi is sure he will continue to improve. “He is one of those players that show a lot of ability…very good at one-on-ones, quick and now we just have to work on his end product and I’m sure he will make a big impact for us.” Off the park, Mebrahtu is equally as committed to the Melbourne Heart community program. Born in Sudan, to Eritrean parents and raised in Brisbane, Gol is the ideal choice as the Club’s Ambassador for Refugee Week. Refugee groups and new arrivals appreciate the time he gives them. He is also an Ambassador for MHFC’s harmony promotion alliances such as Harmony Day, Cultural Diversity Week and the FFA’s anti-racism strategy.'

Nice work from Heart HQ.

Just had a look at RWU and found it to be rather boring ,out of date with a lot of it's "news"etc can't see myself going there very often the way it is. To which i must add, i didn't know it existed until i read some of the replies on this thread.

Edited by johnno cpfc

Just wanted to say that despite its shortcomings the club website has some good up-to-date profiles of the players in the current squad.

They are all worth a read.

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/melbourneheart/players Just click on a player's image to the to read his profile.

For example, here's GolGol's bio:

'Melbourne Heart FC identified a potential key figure in its future attack when it signed Queensland youngster Golgol Mebrahtu on a two-year deal. Capable of playing as a winger or attacking midfielder, the versatile Mebrahtu joined Heart in 2012 following three years with Gold Coast United. Pacy, and capable of cutting defences to shreds, Mebrahtu has shown his potential, and Aloisi is sure he will continue to improve. “He is one of those players that show a lot of ability…very good at one-on-ones, quick and now we just have to work on his end product and I’m sure he will make a big impact for us.” Off the park, Mebrahtu is equally as committed to the Melbourne Heart community program. Born in Sudan, to Eritrean parents and raised in Brisbane, Gol is the ideal choice as the Club’s Ambassador for Refugee Week. Refugee groups and new arrivals appreciate the time he gives them. He is also an Ambassador for MHFC’s harmony promotion alliances such as Harmony Day, Cultural Diversity Week and the FFA’s anti-racism strategy.'

Nice work from Heart HQ.

"Pacy, and capable of cutting defences to shreds"

And cracking goals!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tu7oDqVDh3g

• 2 weeks later...