Melbourne Football

Luca$h Neill

Red or Dead

Looks as though we were dudded by FFA.

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/news-display/ffa-welcomes-home-lucas-neill/60974

Sydney-centric FFA. If they helped Sydney and didn't offer the same to us that is bloody disgraceful.

Says in the article they offered the same assistance to everyone who was interested in him.

And who is in a position to check if FFA provided Sydney more and Heart less?

http://www.footballa...cas-neill/60974

Sydney-centric FFA. If they helped Sydney and didn't offer the same to us that is bloody disgraceful.

Says in the article they offered the same assistance to everyone who was interested in him.

David gallop hates Melbourne :P

http://www.footballa...cas-neill/60974

There are ways of making something that is superficially the same completely different in reality.

Anyway, just venting my frustration at our season. Lousy fixture with our last two games away, lousy home KO times, all the penalties and yellows against us...everything going against us.

I agree with everything that's being said about Luca$. But, he would have been amazing for us if he joined for 2 reasons. 1. Lead on park. 2. Attract Crowd.

Heart are desperate for both. 1. Can be achieved easier than 2. Can only think of few other recent high profile socceroos that will pull the crowd in. Cahill is one. I hope we find a high profile player to help build our support base

I'm not too upset that we didn't sign Neill although I think we could use another experienced central defender.

What I am upset about is that once again we have gone in for a player, not been prepared to cough up the cash and again come away looking like a half baked amateur league club - which is what the general public think we are. If you can't take my word for it ask around.

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/news-display/ffa-welcomes-home-lucas-neill/60974

Id rather take their word instead of speculating and whinging about how everyones against us.

Can only think of few other recent high profile socceroos that will pull the crowd in. Cahill is one. I hope we find a high profile player to help build our support base

I'll say it again, Bresciano! He's one of our best Socceroos and he's already trained with Heart before ;-)

Agree, he's exactly what we need. But will his presence pull in another 5k fans? I think not

We need a "rock star" Marque. Worth creating another thread for this topic.

we were only ever in the picture to bump up his price

I was thinking this yesterday. I doubt he was ever going to sign for us.

The first story that came out on Thursday about him signing with us came from the Sydney press. So it wasn't leaked by anyone here. It was most likely leaked by Lucash's agent to put pressure on Sydney to up their offer. Two day's later, he of course signs with them.

He used us, and the media to get as big a deal for himself as he could. It's Kewell and Mandic type stuff. Fucking hate these pricks. And the FFA too.

In hindsight, we shouldn't have said anything, because we look kind of stupid now. It would've been nice to get the publicity, but $100,000 for the last bit of the season is too much anyway. Glad we didn't throw any more money at him.

• Like 2

Can only think of few other recent high profile socceroos that will pull the crowd in. Cahill is one. I hope we find a high profile player to help build our support base

I'll say it again, Bresciano! He's one of our best Socceroos and he's already trained with Heart before ;-)

Agree, he's exactly what we need. But will his presence pull in another 5k fans? I think not

I'll say it again, Lampard! I doubt we'll ever get him, I'm sure China or Turkey will throw several millions at him and sign him up.

Lampard WILL take our average to 15k!

http://www.theage.co...0216-2ejgo.html

"And Munn said Neill had ''backtracked'' on understandings he had with former international teammates John Aloisi and Hayden Foxe, Heart's senior coach and assistant, that he would join the side if the club that appeared to be his first choice, Brisbane, failed to qualify for the Asian Champions League.

''Certainly Lucas has probably stretched some long-term friendships providing some information that he has backtracked on,'' Munn said on Saturday. ''We are looking forward to playing Sydney and Lucas at AAMI Park next Sunday. It should be an interesting meeting.''

Munn and his football operations manager John Didulica met Neill's representative in Sydney on Friday before the Heart played the Jets in an A-League fixture in Newcastle on Friday night, a match that saw the Jets leapfrog Heart on the table with a 2-0 win. They warned after that meeting that they would not get involved in a bidding war for the rising 35-year-old."

Fucking Luca$h, what an absolute cunt.

Edited by Dylan

I'm not too upset that we didn't sign Neill although I think we could use another experienced central defender.

What I am upset about is that once again we have gone in for a player, not been prepared to cough up the cash and again come away looking like a half baked amateur league club - which is what the general public think we are. If you can't take my word for it ask around.

Nah its all part of Scott Munns philosophy that the only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about.

"Oh yes, lets get some publicity by saying we'll get Beckham, let do the same with Neil, as long as we get media attention".

Fucking joke of a CEO and the slowly becoming the laughing stock of the A-League.

Nah its all part of Scott Munns philosophy that the only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about.

"Oh yes, lets get some publicity by saying we'll get Beckham, let do the same with Neil, as long as we get media attention".

Fucking joke of a CEO and the slowly becoming the laughing stock of the A-League.

I have noticed you're always negative in your posts. Just chill. Who gives a toss of we didnt get Lucash! I said ti from the start I never wanted Grella nor did I want Lucash. So all good and lets focus on next weekend.

I have noticed you're always negative in your posts. Just chill. Who gives a toss of we didnt get Lucash! I said ti from the start I never wanted Grella nor did I want Lucash. So all good and lets focus on next weekend.

The Grella 'experiment' as its called, was something the club should have done, sure it didnt work out but he offered to play for nothing and when the club couldnt do that legally, he got paid less than a youth player, payed for most of his re-hab and bought a box at AAMI park for the season.

• Like 1

I don't give a rats about not getting Lucas. What I don't like is the way this club makes "announcements" that are either "nothing" announcements, like Bolton re-signing, or announcements when they have nothing concrete, like the Beckham saga and now the Lucas deal. Its amateurish and does nothing to grow the club's standing.

And no I'm not always making negative comments, but Blind Freddy can see there are many many things wrong with what is happening at the club. Its the fucking truth! The table doesn't lie.

A youth policy doesn't work in a low salary capped A League because we have to put up with all their mistakes while blooding them. Then the moment they stop making the mistakes of youth they understandably piss off overseas to earn the $$$$$$ which are impossible to pay under FFAs shit low salary cap.

Grella=Club Legend

I think I'm glad that we got Grella, I just don't understand why the played him against Western Sydney. One would wonder, if they didn't fly him up to Sydney for a 21 minute appearance which ended his career, would it have been better to "unveil" him at the Derby or even our next home game!?! He may have not torn his calf and we would've actually had a chance to see him play in Melbourne!!

I was thinking give him a 20 minute appearance at the Derby and if it went well potentially start him at our next home game. If marketed right, he could've potentially attracted a few more fans to our home game!

If they didn't fly him to Sydney, the calf tear may never have happened and he'd still be playing!! I guess we'll never know! :unsure:

I'll say it again, Lampard! I doubt we'll ever get him, I'm sure China or Turkey will throw several millions at him and sign him up.

Lampard WILL take our average to 15k!

I'm not objective as a Chelsea fan, but Lampard would be amazing! He's a huge name and still a very good player in the EPL which means that he'd probably dominate the A-League.

I don't see it happening though, either Abramovich will finally "Sign him up", he'll go to another top European club outside of England (I'd guess Italy), go and play in the MLS or go to some Arab/Asian club offering him huge $$$$ (doubt that though).

I'd love the signing of Bresciano though, definitely realistic with him training at the club, JA and Foxe as coaching staff and his best mate Grella's praise of the club. He's a Melburnian and still a very good player for the Socceroos.

Edited by MPM

Think that's crap. He got more both financially and other perks at BlingFC. Am certain that Heart were used as an eBay like auction to get to a reserve price. Heart would have had intention to sign him but somehow the media got hold of the news. Strange don't you think?

Heart haven't operated like this before. They only announce when something is done, and even then they hold off. I smell a rat

• Like 1

Heart haven't operated like this before. They only announce when something is done, and even then they hold off. I smell a rat

Are you bring sarcastic?

No. Somehow the media get hold of it before its officially announced. And when it IS announced, it seems late to the party. Everything happens swiftly. Behich was quick, Babalj was quick. Neill obviously just used heart for

Publicity and negotiations.

Yes, heart were forthcoming with intentions for Beckham but that was a huge longshot.