Melbourne Football

Luca$h Neill

Red or Dead

My understanding is that he said he would sign for us if brisbane failed to qualify for the champions League. When they failed to do so we assumed it was in the bag.

His rep told us before the game on Friday that sydney were now offering him a spot and we basically told them the offer is the same take it or leave it. He left it.

Yes he was playing off each other but we need to learn that nothing is a done deal until the contract is signed.

Either way its done. Glad he isnt here. Showed his true colours.

• Like 2

So when we're signing a player they're super open about it, the fans get our hopes up and then it doesn't happen and makes us look silly and feel horrible. But when were selling a player they tell us it's not happening then it does. Then the fans feel horrible. I know there's plenty of other factors involved but I'm annoyed at everything at the moment.

• Like 2

I don't think Heart should be criticised over arrivals and departures. IIRC in most cases we have had to drag the official confirmations out of the club rather than see them in the media.

Neill has had this to say (see HAL website).:

Neill used his first official press conference with Sydney to clear the air, apologising for any confusion he may have caused the Heart but said the chance to join his local club was too hard to turn down.

"I did give an indication that I would be excited about the opportunity of going to Melbourne (Heart)," Neill told reporters on Sunday.

"There was never a case of leveraging one club against the other.

"But when the opportunity became very real to join Sydney, it was a difficult decision, but it was an easy one from a family point of view.

"I was born in Sydney, raised in Sydney and it's exciting times here at Sydney FC to commit myself to this club."

Neill was adamant the decision had nothing to do with money, revealing he turned down a more lucrative offer from the Heart to play for the Sky Blues.

"As far as (the Heart) being gazumped at the last minute it was never a question of money. My intention was always to come here for football reasons and I made it very clear this wasn't financial," he said.

"It's well documented that Melbourne's offer was 100 ($100,000) and I've signed here for 70 ($70,000).

"To the Melbourne Heart board and Johnny Aloisi and Hayden (Foxe), I apologise if I gave too much of an indication I was heading down to Melbourne.

Edited by jw1739

If he really is only coming for the rest of this season, 2 months at the most, who cares where he lives. He's going to look so stupid if he goes back to the Middle East or something and only plays 6 or 7 games for Sydney 'i want to commit myself to this club'. And I don't believe what he's saying about the money being offered. I'm sure there's more to it. If he does stay for next season, then I will accept his decision.

But whatever, I now hate him.

We just have to win this week. What's happened has happened. I didn't have much respect for Neill before, and I certainly don't now.

But there's no point whinging. There's no point talking up this week's game as a grudge match. It's time to stop acting like the jilted lover. It's time to show a bit of backbone and just do the business on Sunday. That's how we come out of this looking good.

Edited by Sash
  • Like 1

I just want to know the truth. Did Heart lie about Sydney offering him more/double what we did. Or is Lucas lying that Sydney only offered him 70k.

It has made us look stupid.

But must admit, Lucas came across as very defensive in his press conference. Didn't come across as a very nice person, so maybe it's all for the best in the end.

Sydney are paying him $70,000. We offered $100,000.

Source: fox sports news

Luca$h is one irrational consumer. Glad that the club isn't signing someone who can't even economics.

consumer?

He is a producer of football services, in this case, not a consumer :up:

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 1

I just want to know the truth. Did Heart lie about Sydney offering him more/double what we did. Or is Lucas lying that Sydney only offered him 70k.

It has made us look stupid.

But must admit, Lucas came across as very defensive in his press conference. Didn't come across as a very nice person, so maybe it's all for the best in the end.

He was squirming in his seat when talking about the verbal agreement with us and the money. He was clearly lying about the money.

What seems to have happened is that Roar was first choice due to ACL, when that failed, Melbourne was next to show genuine interest so he verbally commited. Sydney FC, being the basket case that they are, failed to realise that Neill was about to sign with us and got wind of it and then they decided to make him a firm offer in the 11th hour.....He backflipped on his word to us and pissed off Aloisi, Foxe and Munn and then came out with his apology yesterday.

• Like 2

im against doing anything. as no one signs for us, why are we taking it so personally that he signed for SFC?

if we did anything, the $ signs that were held up for HK would do the trick. What a waste of money.

but seriously. get over it.

:droy:

Seriously, you really need to learn how to read inbetween the lines sometimes...

Even Neil himself thought an apology of sorts towards our club was needed.

• Like 1

these things happen all the time in the US sports I watch all the time.

In AFL too, Its not like Travis Cloke apologised to Carlton for not going.

:droy: :droy: :droy: :droy: :droy: :droy: :droy:

Who gives a fuck about the disloyalty in Franchise Yank Sports??? :hmm:

How is it even relevant to this conversation? :hmm:

Also did Travis Cloke ever verbally tell Carlton he was becoming a Blue??? :hmm:

He did not, therefore why is he relevant to this discussion either? :hmm:

Oh and its not the first time I have posted something in here that no one agrees with me.

:)

I know, that is why this forum created the following smiley:

:droy: :droy: :droy: :droy:

Edited by cadete