Melbourne Football

Aziz Behich Gone?

Surely he'd be worth more than our previous transfers? i.e. over 500k(?)

Should get a decent amount for him! Hopefully somewhere around what we got for Good, which was 600ish.

Please, Behich is an established player and has played for the national team and come out with flying colours. Both Good and Babalj were still developing players when they left, it would be an insult if they let him go for anything less than a million.

I can't see any reason players with potential and or proven ability shouldn't command a 1million plus fee. I think people saying otherwise are unfairly running the league down. Look at the prices paid for unproven young english players?!? An absolute joke. Perhaps at the moment we are seen as a cheap hunting ground but the more teams demand the higher fees will go. It really lies in the hands of the clubs as to how much they get for players.

So much for no offers and not wanting to sell! Behich gone! Won't play Derby!

....................... Geez!

Another lie from the club... great.

No a league player is worth $1mil. Period. Anyone who thinks different is tripping balls.

Why?

Fwiw, Tommy Oar, Langerak, Rukavytsya, Rostyn Griffiths and Barbarouses (I think) were all 1m+ transfer fees.

Wasn't Oar a package deal with Sarota and Zullo to Utrecht

It's common acknowledge that the Majority of that fee was for Oar, and the others were just deal sweeteners for both parties.
  • Like 1

How long 'til the end of the transfer window?

We NEED to sign a direct replacement for him. Unlike the Marrone and Walker scenario, we don't have a ready made left back to just step into Aziz's shoes. We can't play out the rest of the season with Mitchinson/Hoffman at LB.

While we're at it we should really find a holding mid aswell.

Good luck to him. Proud servant of the club. Played with passion every game. I think he deserves this opportunity.

Test the depth of this club... test our resolve. All the money we get now, will ensure our clubs survival.

Youth team should look up to the likes of Behich and Babalj. Hard work does pay off!

Would be surprised if we got anywhere close to 1 million dollars for him.

Bursaspor isn't exactly rolling in cash, but nonetheless a very good club for him to go too with high ambitions & a ridiculously parochial supporter base. Have been on the up since they won their first Superlig title 3 years ago & now have a brand spanking new 40,000 set stadium (shaped like a crocodile) being built for them to house their growing supporterbase which should be ready by the end of the season.

They also arguably have one of the best youth systems in Turkey, he will learn a lot there and if he impresses enough he may be able to make the jump to one of the bigger Istanbul clubs in the future.

All the best to him.

Just wish we had have had the chance to formally say goodbye to him as supporters. Probably the most frustrating thing about all this.

Edited by FB.
  • Like 2

Just as we get assured the clubs going to do all it can to keep him for the remainder of the season then allow him to do as he likes in the off season, they kick us in the gut again. As long as we break even hey?

Awesome stuff for Aziz though, hopefully he can crack the XI and continue to improve into a great Australian LB.

First time I've been angry with the club. When we put in shit performances sure I get mad, but I'm more disappointed in the club and the shit culture. But now I'm fucking livid. The club has blatantly lied to us and for what reason? I swear they think they can treat us like shit because there isn't many of us.

Oh shiet, mot again...

HAppend to Marrone, Babalj and now Aziz?

Bursaspor coach Ertuğrul Sağlam announced his resignation yesterday, putting an end to a four-year term at the 2009-2010 Turkish league champion club.

“I might have made mistakes, but I do not think that anyone will say, ‘Caoch Sağlam has represented us badly.’ All I tried to do was improve the team on an international stage,” Sağlam said at a press conference in the northwestern province of Bursa.

Sağlam was the name behind one of the biggest success stories in Turkish football in the 2009-2010 season. Although Bursaspor, a team rooted in the country’s automotive and textile industry capital of Bursa, was considered a mid-table candidate at the beginning of the season, Ertuğrul Sağlam and his players carried the team to a success beyond all expectations, making it only the fifth team to clinch Turkish league title. It was also the first title won by a non-Istanbul team since 1984.

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/bursaspor-coach-saglam--bids-emotional-farewell.aspx?pageID=238&nID=40023&NewsCatID=362

It's fucking bullshit. I don't give a shit that Aziz is gone, our team is fucked anyway and he's just trying to break into the European scene. But why must we get fed shit from the club. "No offers" yeah good one fuck wits.

Edited by Jimmy
  • Like 2