Melbourne Football

Aziz Behich Gone?

Surely he'd be worth more than our previous transfers? i.e. over 500k(?)

Should get a decent amount for him! Hopefully somewhere around what we got for Good, which was 600ish.

How long was good contracted for?

Behich was contracted until end of 13/14 http://socceranchor.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3905:melbourne-heart-sign-youngsters-to-new-deals&catid=58:latest-news&Itemid=169

I'd expect him to go for more than good.

@scott_munn: "Aziz trained Tuesday, not sure who wrote the story. I noticed no journo put their name to it."

@Jdidulica: "have not sold or agreed to sell Aziz. Don't want to either!"

Good! Let him close out the season at the very least.

Edited by LR9
  • Like 2

Well if true I'd like our 'club' to give Aziz the send off he deserves. How about a show of appreciation before the next home game with some words of thanks from Aziz shown on the big screen? Let's turn this into a club and get rid of the franchise feeling.

Agreed.

Should have done this with Marrone.

Same when we sign a new player - should present him with his shirt before a home game.

• Like 2

Well if true I'd like our 'club' to give Aziz the send off he deserves. How about a show of appreciation before the next home game with some words of thanks from Aziz shown on the big screen? Let's turn this into a club and get rid of the franchise feeling.

Agreed.

Same when we sign a new player - should present him with his shirt before a home game.

agreed lets get rid of the franchise feeling!
  • Like 1

Agreed.

agreed lets get rid of the franchise feeling!

a shame that as much as we try and dress it up, its still going to be a franchise :/

• Like 1

In my veiw, most consistant player to brace the Red and White. What a player the club has made him into. hope this is not true as he is my favorite player at this point in time. Deserves his move overseas if it does go through, what potential this lad holds, excellent player, cannot wait to see how his career progress' in europe.

MASSIVE loss if it goes ahead. although, we have some great young lads coming thorugh who hopefully can be just as good as aziz is.

definantly ask for a price of about 600-800K

He definitely trained on Tuesday, so interesting to see how legit this is. He will be the NT left back, no doubt about it, have to command close to $1m.

Not once Traore gets his citizenship

Being eligible to play for Australia has nothing to do with citizenship

Found these comments from Aloisi today:

Aloisi confirms Heart have had offers for Aziz Behich

John Aloisi confirmed this afternoon that the Melbourne Heart have received offers for the sought after Aziz Behich.

Turkish side Bursaspor has been linked with the recently capped Socceroo, but Aloisi doesn’t want to lose the attacking fullback, at least not in the Janaury transfer window.

“I know there’s been some offers, but [if it’s] up to me, Aziz is not going until the end of the season,” Aloisi told the press before flying to Sydney.

The Heart coach understands he doesn’t make the final call, but believes the 22-year-old is too important to lose.

“I don’t make the final decision. If the club gets a massive offer, that’s a different story.

“At the moment I don’t want to lose another player, we’ve lost quite a few players this season already and at the moment Aziz is too important for us to lose now.”

Aloisi and Heart aren’t looking to bring anyone else in, although if Behich was to move on then Aloisi might be forced to.

“We’re not looking, but if something else comes up then we need to replace someone then we will try,” the ex-Socceroo said.

Behich will miss this weekend’s game with the Western Sydney Wanderers on Saturday night through suspension, but Aloisi revealed ex-Socceroo Vince Grella and Eli Babalj could be involved. Babalj, however, still needs International Clearance from FFA and may not recover from a long flight from Serbia...

http://breathingfootball.com/2013/01/25/aloisi-confirms-heart-have-had-offers-for-aziz-behich/

I think it's really important we keep Aziz for the rest of this season. In the meantime, groom Mitchinson as his possible successor.