Melbourne Football

Aziz Behich Gone?

First time I've been angry with the club. When we put in shit performances sure I get mad, but I'm more disappointed in the club and the shit culture. But now I'm fucking livid. The club has blatantly lied to us and for what reason? I swear they think they can treat us like shit because there isn't many of us.

Of course they're going to deny it. What do you expect? Admit to it and let all the media go nuts? It needed to be pre-planned and meditated in presenting news.

Sure, I'm sure everyone is pissed, but its no surprise. It was bound to happen.

• Like 1

No issues in him moving on and good luck to him...

My major concern is that we have no replacements, neither for Aziz or for Colosimo and Fred, who are out injured for the next 3-4 weeks.

All this cash and nowhere to spend it.....not looking forward to Saturday night.

Seasons done mate.

We're in the business of breaking even.

• Like 1

Congratulations to him, definitely been one of the best (if not the best) players in the history of the club. Hopefully he does well in Turkey at what looks to be a cool club and we can see him tearing down the wing for the Socceroos for many years to come! But god, I really really really hope that Hoffman doesn't begin to play LB full-time, if so, we're screwed. Also, with all this cash hopefully the club can make a couple of good additions to the squad before the transfer window closes, we definitely need it.

PS: Their stadium looks awesome, definitely very different!

Was bound to happen, such an amazing talent. I'm hopeful that the transfer fee was significant, as I really hope the club wouldn't have let him go cheap especially given Marrone's departure.

I hope not, as he is said to be contracted for 12-18 months in which time he would have multiple Socceroos caps ect, and be a huge player imo, only a big offer will ease the pain on this one, no reason to accept a average offer

Bursaspor have a great fan culture. One of the most famous traditions is the Bursaspor 'Crocodile' walk.

The players and fans do it after every goal scored. Gonna be a lol seeing him joining in this when he gets over there.

n_12566_4.jpg

1474629_w2.jpg

What happens if they are 4 goals down and the score in the 89th minute - Do they still do the Croc?

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1

This is good in my book. Now hopefully the club will have a good hard look at it's self and try to fix the problems that this club has. I would rather see youth given a go and come bottom and start to look toward getting things right for next season and get the right people at the club than panic players come in and make finals and keep going on the path we currently are. And good luck to Aziz.

This makes Marteaux a sad panda

That Hoffmans out of the derby? ;)

As for all the negativity, I understand it but I believe the club would have only sold for the right price. They lied but that's how transfers need to be handled, no need for the club to say they've had offers, which then upsets the buying club and causes hiccups in the deal.

Aziz is ready for the move and I'm not surprised its happened, we are a feeder club at the moment, if clubs overseas throw enough money for one of our players, then we're going to accept. It's just how it works.

I just hope we look to sign replacements and decent ones at that! Pity we have no fucking VISA spots!

Bloody Gray...

As for all the negativity, I understand it but I believe the club would have only sold for the right price. They lied but that's how transfers need to be handled, no need for the club to say they've had offers, which then upsets the buying club and causes hiccups in the deal.

Yes, but they should have kept quite, not come out and publicly denied it.

I'm sure it was in response to a question though, not just a random statement. What other response are they meant to give?

I'm sure it was in response to a question though, not just a random statement. What other response are they meant to give?

None, like they did with Babalj.

I really dunno where we will create goals now. How man times would an an attack start through Behich? Where he'd keep a stray ball in play, win a 50/50, complete an interception, then kill everyone off with his pace.

Huge shoes to fill for whoever is tried in the position this season.

Edited by LR9

The club can only be looking at some short guest stint replacement to satisfy the natives (us) with only 9 games to go...

Like I said earlier they must have plenty of cash to splash out on some new replacements but I now think they are just taking the money and trying to balance the books. Any experiment to boost crowds for this season has failed especially with Grella going lame and retiring.

The season is 2/3rds gone....no chance of making finals....Aloisi must be told he has the job next season regardless and to do the best with what players he has at his disposal, so who cares if they don't win another game this season???

The club is treating us supporters with disrespect...we deserve better than that especially when I am forking out in excess of $500 per season on a membership...

I really wish the club stuck to it's guns on this one and held off untill the end of the season. Any extra cash we make now may not make up for the loss of members, crowds and sponsors if we fall away and finish around the bottom this season. I can't believe how bad this last week has been, after the sudden optimism of the win against Adelaide.

Aziz has been great for us and I really wish him all the best. You've gotta love players who show the same sort of passion out on the pitch as the fans do in the terrace. I'm going to miss him more than any one else who's departed.

At least we got Eli back. So at least one good thing has happened recently.