Melbourne Football

Eli Babalj back to MHFC

MHFC19

Can see myself getting flamed for this but here goes:

If you look at it from the point of view of someone who isn't a Heart fan, He'd walk straight into their first 11 as they don't have striker near Eli's quality but here he has to compete with Tadic which will limit his minutes. He'd also be likely to get a bigger wage at the Wanderers and if they had a striker of Eli's quality they'd go close to winning the league. Where as him at heart doesn't improve our team as much. You could also argue that that would lead to more eyes on him. Getting more minutes in a more successful team playing along side Shinji Ono=More attention for a potential transfer.

I'm definitely happy he's here though and would obviously rather him here than there.

And tony pop is connected overseas,

If you look at it from the point of view of someone who isn't a Heart fan, He'd walk straight into their first 11 as they don't have striker near Eli's quality but here he has to compete with Tadic which will limit his minutes. He'd also be likely to get a bigger wage at the Wanderers and if they had a striker of Eli's quality they'd go close to winning the league. Where as him at heart doesn't improve our team as much. You could also argue that that would lead to more eyes on him. Getting more minutes in a more successful team playing along side Shinji Ono=More attention for a potential transfer.

I'm definitely happy he's here though and would obviously rather him here than there.

And tony pop is connected overseas,

Fuck western sydney. Those FFA funded cunts can buy any player they want in the world, but the can keep there grubby hands of our eli

• Like 4

Apparently Babalj was close to joining WSW.. Not sure whether true or not. If true, I am sure it had something to do with working again with Milicic who helped him a lot.

You both make sense although he couldnt simply join them could he,

Part of the contract was that Redstar defaulted on a payment giving us rights or option to obtain Eli again?

I understand players move for no fee when out of contract but we would have had Eli under some sort of contract otherwise the clause would be useless to use?

Eli would be a great fit a WSW but it isnt that simply, im sure Eli would have loved to be at a number of clubs.

Farken!

Eli to score off the bench in this game and away to the Mongs next week.

Hopefully the club gives Eli and Tadic the appropriate time together on and off pitch for them to strike up dat deadly Balkan strike partnership for our title challenge next year. Because now that is what we should really be aiming for.

Don't wanna be a sour Kent but anyone think this is a bit desperate? The guy has just gotten off a long international flight, hasn't trained with half the squad before and hasn't played a game in some time. Could it do harm than good?

food for thought

If he was starting then yes. But a short cameo off the bench is perfect.

Don't wanna be a sour Kent but anyone think this is a bit desperate? The guy has just gotten off a long international flight, hasn't trained with half the squad before and hasn't played a game in some time. Could it do harm than good?

food for thought

If D-Mac and Gol Gol weren't injured then I would agree with you. Under the circumstances it would appear that the options are either one of the NYL boys, Eli or The Hoff.

food for thought

Certainly over hyped... Yesterday I was sussing out the prices of goal scorers in this game and he was the shortest heart player even before being cleared to play.

Although he should have more of an impact off the bench then DMac ever has.

Good luck to Eli, welcome back and I hope you can grab a winner!

food for thought

As other people have said, if he was starting then understandable but off the bench for 20 mins or so i think is quite reasonable.

it'll be good experience for everyone

Be interesting to see if Aloisi plays them together. The only shit thing about getting him back so late in the season is that him and tadic have less time to gel. However since both players are pretty good you would think they would be able to work together

Edited by kingofhearts

can we go back to whinging about grella not 'gelling' or training for that matter?

who cares about familiarity. it's not like he was best frenz for life with Jv$ and the team he put together.

ffs its eli babalj, the kunt will go "ok jos i know you're da boss but i'm eli and this is heart so let's destroy da vicktory" then they'll score 50 goals between them, we'll win the league and JA will be knighted.

also it's aloisi, not aliosi /tap in (seenitdonebeforeandnotsureifspellingerrororjustcantspell)

People complained about Golgol, Tadic, Williams saying they are shit before the season started, look how that turned out. People complained when we got Grella and said he'll never play a game, he's playing tonight. So don't mind me as I sit here and laugh at people criticizing Babalj, arguably our best young player (except Behich).

• Like 2

People complained about Golgol, Tadic, Williams saying they are shit before the season started, look how that turned out. People complained when we got Grella and said he'll never play a game, he's playing tonight. So don't mind me as I sit here and laugh at people criticizing Babalj, arguably our best young player (except Behich).

well said :up:

IMO by the end of the season, Babalj will be starting ahead of Tadic.

• 8 months later...